Asian food

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've grown up on asian delights my whole life, however after eating chinese bbq pork and consequently spraying the toilet bowl painfully for three days straight im having second thoughts.

no doubt by the end of the week i'll be munging on samosa's, garlic naan and pad thai

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@May 13 2005, 03:48 AM

dude, i like american food. the hamburger is the dopest invention ever. you get meat and veg slapped between a couple buns. no knives, no forks. just greasy greasy goodness

the hamburger is a german inventation. at least thats what i gathered from school

I'm very partial to the home cooked vietnamese meals from my girlfriend's mother

:king:

god i love those fresh prawn spring rolls and lemon wild boar

next time i go to the country im going to bring back some game so she can throw a banquet in my honour

on my route home from high school there was this ghetto fab little asian joint which sold those rectangle tuperware box's full of rice and whatever meat you could pick....for $2 !!

it was crazy, so much better than asian food from china town and there was so much shit to choose from...all of it delicious

it went out of business.

what ya'll know about KIMCHI mothafuckers!?

i love oriental food. esp. korean food. japanese food is up there too. chinese

is bomb. thai is dope. and indian is straight funky (in a good way.. that

tandori stuff is mad tasty). i don't mess with vietnamese food due to the

fact i had a bad experience with pho... so i stick with their sandwhichs... they

make damn good crossaints(sp?) and mongolian bbq is real nice.

edit: page 2 :china:

Chinese food I'm not real into, unless it doesn't contain meat. Luckily, there's a chinese place nearby with an extensive vegetarian menu. It's basically regular chinese dishes, but the chicken, beef, etc is replaced with a tofu-based version. It's probably as unlikely to be served in china as any american dish, but it's fucking good. I'm not vegetarian, but I like the fake meat tofu stuff. Some of it is surprisingly convincing, and I can fool myself into thinking I'm eating healthier, which I'm hoping will counterbalance the severe pummeling that happens to my liver and kidneys on a frequent basis.

Sushi is another favorite, but I'm not that into japanese hibachi or teriyaki dishes. Just the raw fish, please. I've had bad experiences with sushi and food poisoning, but I somehow keep coming back. I'd like to try this Kobe beef sometime. i hear good things. My girl hates sushi. I can't even eat it around her, because the smell grosses her out.

Thai is fucking good. I haven't explored it much beyond the typical Pad Thai, but I like that plenty, along with the two or three other dishes I've tried. There's not a whole lot of thai joints in my neighborhood, so it's a rare occasion.

The only time I've ever eaten vietnamese was at this fancy three star place that served real-ass dishes. I recall it being an odd fusion between french, thai and vague asian influences. I forget what i got was called, but it was heavy on the potatoes and chicken, mired in a creamy orange sauce. Very good. We don't have any take-out noodle places around me. Not a lot of vietnamese in my hood.

Indian is my girl's favorite. You name it, she likes it, especially paneer and all the other green shit. One time her and i took a little holiday to Vermont, and stopped to eat at this indian-slash-mexican restaurant in Waterbury (I'm not sure?). I remember two things about this place. Our waitress was probably the most sublimely gorgeous creature I'd ever seen in my life, and the food was ballzout-hot-as-fuck. This waitress was certainly indian, perhaps with some caucasian somewhere on the family tree. She was so fucking banging I couldn't stop staring. Not like "hot", but incredibly beautiful that she shouldn't be real. It wasn't in an overtly sexy way, just a graceful, feminine sort of thing. She wasn't the kind of girl you banged the shit out of. She was the kind of girl that you made fucking sweet-ass love to. Straight worship her. Aside from that, everything we ordered had me sweating bullets. We got these crazy jalepeno poppers, only they were indian-ized on top of that. Indian spice heat on top of mexican chili pepper heat. Brutality. My girl was chowing hard, loving it, and i was experiencing a massive endorphin rush from the pain in my mouth and throat. It was the same kind of blinding pain as when you get tattooed in a really sensitive spot. I was getting seriously nervous, because we still had a four hour drive home, and I was fully expecting to have a lethal ass the whole way home. Amazingly, nothing happened. We order indian food as much as we can splurge on take out, which is probably a couple times a month. I stick with the tikka masala and some of the chickpea dishes, mostly.

after many years of study, I have come to the conslusion that DIM SUM is the best food ever.

dimsum.jpg

dim%20sum%202.gif

^ I could live on steamed bbq pork buns.

I don't like to eat CHinese too much.

Unless the restaurant specifies that they don't use MSG.

and they must have plenty of veggie stuff.

Indian food is really, really, really good.

I love the spices that they use. Hot, but not so hot you can't taste the flavor. yum.

*I've never had vietnamese.

forget that!

I'm all about the MSG.

I used to buy 'msg crisps' in chinatown and you'd have to drink a gallon

of water with ever handfull of the chips. I love the shit!!!!

m_mr%20goudas%20msg.jpg

Soul food and Cajun/creole food came out of america. And if you think you can front on them you either ate substandard versions, or you're a complete dolt.

I'm all about asian foods. For serious, I could eat it everyday if I could afford it. I'm not so much a fan of Indian, For some reason I'm not too big on curry, plus they hide dairy/yogurt in a some dishes and I can't be having that. Sushi is where its at, but only from places that are high scale, I don't be fucking with no supermarket sushi. Spicy yellowtail rolls, sweet potato rolls, Red Snapper? Very tasty fish. Vietnamese is dope, noodle bowls that will feed you for like, 3 days. I eat chinese(yeah, american-chinese, but whatever). Whether its from the ghetto place on the corner that has the same pictures up top like every place does, to the fancy joints where theres no pint/quart options and they give you cloth napkins, I'm bout it bout it. Lo mein, Chicken with garlic sauce, whatever, I will eat that something fierce. For some reason the chicken rice soup from the ghetto places I'm also a large scale fan of. Don't know why.

When I was in london a little while ago, me and the wife ate primarily asian, half because it was delicious, half because it was one of the cheaper options. We ate at that chain wagamama a few times, They had a dish there called Ginger Chicken Udon, it was off the fucking chain. Man, I cannot find anything like it back here, and its killing me. Every udon dish i get is mad slimy and not capital. I was going to buy the wagamama cookbook, but its like 40 bucks and if that recipe isnt in it I'll be pissed. I might have to have someone internationally fed ex me some.

Yeah, someone should post some asian food recipes, I need help in that department, shit never comes out quite right when I make it.

is kinda strange but interesting how countries tend to butcher other countries food to fit their tastes. for example

chop suey doesnt exist in china.

sushi doesnt = japanese food. sushi isnt even a main dish in japan more of an appetizer. wheres the tacoyaki, okinomiyake, udon, soba on the damn menu?? also avocado in the sushi is definitely a no no.

the japanese version of pizza never ceases to churn my stomach. mayonaise, corn, squid, shrimp, octopus ink, bamboo, chicken all together i`m sure makes italians turn over in their graves.

japanese tend to use mayonaise on anything and everything. mayo and white rice, sweet bread mayo butter and a hotdog combo. then if i order french fries they look at me strange if i ask for more than one ketchup. japanese version of curry over white rice is nasty to me.

i love korean bimbimba without the beef and ecoli raw egg on top. Japanese tsukemono and rice (japanese pickles), umeboshi (pickled plums), nato ( fermented soybeans) agedofu (fried tofu) nimono (sea vegatables) and udon.

vegetarian spring rolls, and chow mein drowning in sweet and sour sauce.

theres so much asian food here its crazy... ive also heard from some japanese residents some sushi places here are better than japan.

and serums on point, culture food crossovers can have horrible results. just picture hot dog and french fry pizza....

oh, and when it comes to asian deserts, nothing can touch the filipino mamon...

mamon.jpg

Originally posted by sarcasm@May 13 2005, 10:07 PM

dah i can't believe i made a spelling error.. haha yes

kimchi

KIMCHEE

KEY3=YA THOSE ARE GOOD ANYTIME!

THOSE ARE HUMBAO OR SIOPAO

humbao is chinese siopao (showpow) is filipino

SOME ARE JUST FILLED WITH RED BEAN SAUCE

BUT THE BOMB ONES ARE FILLED WITH PORK(also red inside)

and the boring "all veggie" ones.

just take em right out the freezer and get a plate,

and ring out 2 wet napkins, lay one on the plate,

put hombow on top then put 2nd wet napkin over the top,

2 mins later IT'S ON !!!

Guest beardo

i've been slam feeding asian food to the face for like amonth now. so hooked. mostly stir fry shit i make myself, but i get take out quite a bit too. batchelor that i am an all.