Amaze, Twist, Espo Thread

Gesd

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twist influenced by trixter?

uhh no way.

espo is infuenced by overbrook wp

twist is just a amazing artist

grey is european in a americans clothes

amaze is influenced by new york plain as day.

but new york influenced them all.

in philly we call fillins, blow ups and espo was doin em in the

tunnels early.twist knew the inportance of a good hand from the

getgo.grey is a solid writer man.you gotta give him that.

amaze's block busters are legendary.biggest i've ever seen.

legal or not.these guys legal work is pretty much just another

way to get over.

Id agree with most of these comments in general I just wondered what people on here thought.

Twist's graffiti work, his silvers and tags look rooted in nyc subway 80s for the most part at least to me.

Amaze started out with some really regional cali looking stuff and picked up on some NYC style as well. He's all ways consistently keeping it simple. so if his letter forms have gradually changed he's usually maintaining a cohesive look to his shit.

Espo keeps it Philly with the sign painting influence as was mentioned.

I think the thing that they all share is they often paint using two colors, one fill one outline. On occasion Espo or Amaze will use more colors.

Grey Is dope as well with a little Ghost influence and Their boy Geso gets overlooked a bit but is fucking nice.

I've seen Twist cite Trixter as an influence, which I also thought sounded crazy. But then I started to see little things in pieces that made me realize what he was talking about. I'm not saying that Twist's graffiti looks like Trixter's graffiti, because style is obviously way more complicated than that. But if you look, you can see the little things. As for Grey, they were all well on their way to a distinctive style before they really started painting with him, but he definitely influenced them and vice versa. And there were NY roots to that style.

Anyways, I'm offering my half- informed, half supposed thoughts on the subject because I think it's a more interesting use of this thread than simply rehashing the same flicks and comments about these guys. I'm interested to hear other people do the same, especially those who might know better.

Amaze was never really down with the funk. You're thinking of dudes like TMF originally, or something like ICP now a days. I don't think anything about Twist is rooted in the NY subways, at all. And I don't think citing someone as an influence really means the graffiti is anything alike.

Grey and Amaze influenced each other, I'll give you that.

868232d18ccd1abbe84cc34e1b43dcde44a8a3.jpg

that jawn isnt even a roller, he did it with a brush, a small brush at that

[/b]

In the book "the art of getting over" espo tells a story of how a cop came up to him when he was painting this and asked him how much he got payed and he said 7.50 an hour plus overtime and the cop just carried on walking. that's from memory so don't quote me.

That was burned in my memory the first time i read it also.