The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by 12:02p.m@Jan 27 2006, 07:19 PM

pj ladd should have a good part....i enjoyed his part in really sorry

and justin eldridge kills!

ha, you should check out PJ Ladds Wonderful Horrible Life.

it's crazy seeing all these cats come up. i just flipped thru my new transworld mag and saw an ad for PJ's new pro model shoe, a ryan gallant ad, and a jerome rogers ad. all of whom i used to skate the same spots with/hang out in the same shop with. and i had no clue who they were at the time. must be a gnarly lifetsyle.

Originally posted by mindvapors+Jan 28 2006, 12:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mindvapors - Jan 28 2006, 12:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-12:02p.m@Jan 27 2006, 07:19 PM

pj ladd should have a good part....i enjoyed his part in really sorry

and justin eldridge kills!

ha, you should check out PJ Ladds Wonderful Horrible Life.

it's crazy seeing all these cats come up. i just flipped thru my new transworld mag and saw an ad for PJ's new pro model shoe, a ryan gallant ad, and a jerome rogers ad. all of whom i used to skate the same spots with/hang out in the same shop with. and i had no clue who they were at the time. must be a gnarly lifetsyle.

[/b]

i own wonderful horrible life...jereme rogers and pj ladds parts were dope

LOL! I been skating for 16 years and I'm still not completely sure why when you do a BACKSIDE ollie to a bench or rail or elaphant tusk or what have you... into a boardslide where you are sliding backwards (toward your BACKSIDE) but it's called a "frontside" boardslide. :haha:

That makes no sense when you ollie straight on to a rail. Is it a frontside boardslide or a backside lipslide?

I also remember a time when everyone called backside lipslides "frontside", for Gods sake there is nothing "frontside" about a backlip! :biglaugh:

Originally posted by EarMuffs@Jan 29 2006, 05:12 PM

frontside = anything done with your stomache facing teh object

backside = anything with your back facing the object.

see thats the thing. say your going to 180 onto a ledge to 50-50 it. your riding up parellel to it and its behind you. so that means it must be a backside 180? NO, its a fronstide 180. so back to the drawing board mister.