Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SPORTO

The Skateboard Thread

Do yall have any advice for knee pain, These shits started hurting more and more now im not even 30 yet. 

Suggest going to the doctor and try and identify whats causing it. Pain is the byproduct of a symptom and not the issue itself.

Posted (edited)

@+plus+what he said. but also, acupuncture really helped my knees

Edited by diggity

copped two - 1 to shred 1 for the wall .

perfect dimensions for me 8.5/32/14.5 wb

E9E1498C-D5BC-4E28-9391-31E9B5654863.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm slowly moving to wider boards. i mostly just want to cruise these days.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much just a cruiser nowadays. But i still have some rails and stair sets left in me. I really enjoy just kickflipping gaps and easy shit like that. I'm at the age where I'm starting to feel the wear and tear on my whole body. I usually try to switch up bike rides and skating to not beat my self up. A good jog in the middle of the week to keep everything moving

• Props 1

got some new wheels/bearings , gonna start relearning ledge tricks on my funbox in the backyard . If I damage this ankle monitor I got on it’s a $1,000 replacement charge . Been cruising and forcing myself not to do tricks - just ollie’s up/down curbs for months . fuck it , can’t take it anymore .

Gonna get all my shit back and then some . back nose / front nose / front tail / back tail etc . ultimate goal is a 270 front nose (last trick I was trying before my injury/arrest)

i switched to harder bushings on my trucks...shit is a goddamn blessing

i dont have to concentrate too much on trying to stabilize my board after landing

I have always wanted to give it a try, but I am scared that I might get hurt. Balancing is really not my thing, I guess I will be stuck on playing subway surfer. 

12 hours ago, joynhappiness said:

I have always wanted to give it a try, but I am scared that I might get hurt. Balancing is really not my thing, I guess I will be stuck on playing subway surfer. 

you should try....most shops sell completes for the low

and you should never limit yourself

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 12:19 AM, glorydays said:

you should try....most shops sell completes for the low

and you should never limit yourself

Maybe you are right, I should take the risk. Wish me luck. 

• Props 2

^go for it dude !! I’m down to help if you need anything

gonna skate this weekend , hopefully going on a mini mission with an old friend and his son . If not , I’ll be in the hyperbolic time chamber (backyard fun box sesh) relearning tricks .

@glorydays damn yo i can’t fuck with anything but the aftermarket Indy (red 88a) soft bushings - I need my trucks to turn so I can carve in the streets !

12 hours ago, luhem said:

^go for it dude !! I’m down to help if you need anything

gonna skate this weekend , hopefully going on a mini mission with an old friend and his son . If not , I’ll be in the hyperbolic time chamber (backyard fun box sesh) relearning tricks .

@glorydays damn yo i can’t fuck with anything but the aftermarket Indy (red 88a) soft bushings - I need my trucks to turn so I can carve in the streets !

I use Dohdoh's 95 hard...they have enough give but it doesn't allow for wheel bite. I use Indy Silvers for my trucks size 139, I have a 7.75 board. I used to ride 8.0

nice , I feel ya - wheel bite is a bitch . I swear by indy 149’s since I moved up to a 8.5

8 minutes ago, luhem said:

nice , I feel ya - wheel bite is a bitch . I swear by indy 149’s since I moved up to a 8.5

I was riding 8.5 for years since the weight helps with pushing...ive been going down in size gradually tho

that knee pain went away as soon as i stopped wearing this one pair of shoes and started doing low weight squats once or twice a week. 

Been longboarding (mini cruiser) around the neighborhood. Need to pull out my old board. I have actually been thinking about downsizing as well because my board is so wide and heavy it doesn't really float during ollies 

1 minute ago, +plus+ said:

that knee pain went away as soon as i stopped wearing this one pair of shoes and started doing low weight squats once or twice a week. 

Been longboarding (mini cruiser) around the neighborhood. Need to pull out my old board. I have actually been thinking about downsizing as well because my board is so wide and heavy it doesn't really float during ollies 

I feel it bro....Ive been doing softer wheels on the street since knee pain is a bitch...like, while pushing, my board foot gets this craving for me to stop so I can pop my knee

yea, its the board leg, upper knee area. same feeling. 

It still bugs me but it dosnt hurt really. 

yea I have an 8.5 pool board w wide trucks but it just sucks for anything besides the pool.

Kind of skating some flat land and boxes recently after a fall in the pool.

Still scared of the pool. 

1 hour ago, +plus+ said:

yea I have an 8.5 pool board w wide trucks but it just sucks for anything besides the pool.

Kind of skating some flat land and boxes recently after a fall in the pool.

Still scared of the pool. 

getting older, smaller boards with pop that are light weight is the way to go...I don't mind doing transitional skating but it tires me the fuck out

went from 7.5 -> 7.75 -> 8 -> 8.25 -> 8.5 over the span of a decade . I dig ripping a bigger board in the streets , dont flip my board very much anymore so I don’t mind the width . I have a smaller setup but never really jump on that board - I just got used to the bigger board .

Snappy ollies and quick feet ftw 

I bought new indy trucks from supreme, because hypebeast

the hangers look different than 5 years ago

not sure exactly when , but indy starting making their shit in china .

older indy trucks say "Made in USA" on the bottom of the base plate , but the new ones do not .

not sure about the hangars , assuming it's the same deal .

still indy for life tho !

• Props 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now