The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Jun 13 2005, 07:43 PM

find the rudy johnson old english deck (on page 2 i think). select it. press < (left) on the remote and a little reaper should pop up on the screen. press enter on the remote and you should hear a noise like a vault unlocking or something. when that happens go back to the special features screen and you'll see video days as one of the selections.

enjoy

Know of any other "what if?" unlockables?

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled upon unlocking more bonus footage on "what if". I don't know if anyone has posted this already, so here goes:

go to special features menu.

watch ronnie creager indoor part all the way through.

let it play...it will return to the special features screen.

don't touch a thing.

after a minute you will notice that the dvd is scrolling through the special features options on its own.

it will eventually land on the large "what if" logo out to the side.

you will hear a noise and the new footage will start.

it is called: Footage From Transfer Tape "W.l. Park'94"

It's not too long, but entertaining nonetheless. The cool part about this is, you really don't have to do anything to unlock it, just let it play and don't touch any thing after selecting the Ronnie Creager Indoor Part. Enjoy.

Originally posted by YEN@Jul 11 2005, 11:56 PM

I stumbled upon unlocking more bonus footage on "what if". I don't know if anyone has posted this already, so here goes:

go to special features menu.

watch ronnie creager indoor part all the way through.

let it play...it will return to the special features screen.

don't touch a thing.

after a minute you will notice that the dvd is scrolling through the special features options on its own.

it will eventually land on the large "what if" logo out to the side.

you will hear a noise and the new footage will start.

it is called: Footage From Transfer Tape "W.l. Park'94"

It's not too long, but entertaining nonetheless. The cool part about this is, you really don't have to do anything to unlock it, just let it play and don't touch any thing after selecting the Ronnie Creager Indoor Part. Enjoy.

on the new topic relating to my post: the bonus footage is at a park that's been bombed all to hell. Some decent graff on it. peace.

Originally posted by goodtimes105@Jul 12 2005, 03:21 PM

skaters and graffiti go together like milk and cookies

i wonder if any pro skaters do or did graff. with how much they travel

im sure one of them is a big name.

some of them have written over the years. i remember seeing a shot in the shorty's video of the lads doing a wall. how good they were i don't know.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by goodtimes105@Jul 12 2005, 05:21 AM

Yes. It would be fucked up to name drop but a certain ZooYork OG has rep in NY.

I also know a former pro from Philly that writes in NY now but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have rep like that.

I remember something about a World industries (or one of them Rocco companies) video back in the mid 90's showing clips of I think it was Mariano and maybe Rudy Johnson and Shiloh Greathouse or something like that getting down.

Also remember that cat Sad? I remember reading an interveiw in Big Brother or something and him talking about getting shot over graff beef.

Originally posted by SF1+Dec 24 2005, 06:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Dec 24 2005, 06:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-goodtimes105@Jul 12 2005, 05:21 AM

I also know a former pro from Philly that writes in NY now but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have rep like that.

I remember something about a World industries (or one of them Rocco companies) video back in the mid 90's showing clips of I think it was Mariano and maybe Rudy Johnson or something like that getting down.

[/b]

i think rudy johnson wrote "cock". and i think guy mariano wrote, "ioni"? or some shit like that. i could definitely be wrong. i'm pulling this out of the memory banks from reading it in a big brother i think, probably 10 yrs ago. on weed.

Guest im not witty

im sure if you go like a page/year or so back in this thread i was saying the same thing....

where the fucks the enjoi video! bobby puleo is not human.

The Charles River Skatepark

Local skaters putting in their input on design aspects, via clay.

Zach_RvT_Kids_design.jpg

Gonna be under the curved ramp next to the hangar.

ZakimBridge_800x600.jpg

First revised preliminary design.

CurrentSkateParkDesign.gif

Concept Art. Yes, they plan on being better than you guys in Louisville.

NightRendering_640x480.jpg

Latest designs in PDF format here.

We currently have a little more than $762,905, which would have been good if out initial goal wasnt doubled to $2.036 million. SO ya, its already been pushed back to 2007. Will i even be skatin then?

I'd rather a skateplaza.

Originally posted by iquit+Dec 24 2005, 01:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iquit - Dec 24 2005, 01:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SF1@Dec 24 2005, 06:31 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-goodtimes105@Jul 12 2005, 05:21 AM

I remember something about a World industries (or one of them Rocco companies) video back in the mid 90's showing clips of I think it was Mariano and maybe Rudy Johnson or something like that getting down.

i think rudy johnson wrote "cock". and i think guy mariano wrote, "ioni"? or some shit like that. i could definitely be wrong. i'm pulling this out of the memory banks from reading it in a big brother i think, probably 10 yrs ago. on weed.

[/b]

Yeah, it was the first World video... I don't remember the title. Shiloh painted some dope characters. I remember an interview with him where he talked about racking paint, and how it led to him doing a lot of other racking, and eventually the check fraud scams that he went to jail for.

I actually got into graffiti through skateboarding, back in the early 90's. I remember seeing pictures of Sean Sheffey where his grip tape was covered in paint marker pieces and wanting to do the same. The two cultures really are tied together pretty tight... I used to do some work at Shepard Fairey's studio in Providence back in the day, and I remember SP.ONE coming through to have a session and do a piece by the mini ramp in there.

Giant and Tiger both did graphics for Think for a long time.

And I know a few big name writers who skate.

Dawg, if you're a writer you might wanna blur out your face before putting it on the internet and telling everyone that it's you. Espescially if you have any kind of rep in your city. Not that they'd be looking through the "Skateboard" thread but If they're building a case on you they're searching all your posts.