The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
same with bakers.

good boards, snap fast.

so far girl and flip are my two fave companies when it comes to wood.

/nh

I might be mistaken, or maybe its changed, but baker used to be made by the same company as Flip, so there is a good chance deathwish boards are too. I've always been a fan of flip/baker boards and never had any trouble with either of them snapping fast, but baker/deathwish may have went to a different board distributor.

I've always loved Creature the same way I love Antihero . Their boards are warriors for sure . One company I am disappointed with lately is Black Label . Their quality control fucking sucks , and their boards look as whack as Plan B last year . :lol: Funny how Plan B has to use Slayer album covers as deck graphics just to seel boards . Emergency Skates however still are sturdy as fuck . It's weird because Emergency is just an offshoot of Black Label . Oh well .

No thanks I'm not a TPWF .

:lol: J/K I stick to either older made boards 1985-1993 or buy Creature , Antihero , Emergency , Flip , Krooked or my local shop West Side Skates who uses Penn's Woods to make their boards 100% U.S.A. Maple . :cool:

I think the wood is what's screwing you over. You'll eventually land nollie flips bolts and you won't have to worry anymore. If the decks are being made in china then I guess their not applying the resin right, 7 plys of wood with proper resin shouldn't break on flatground.

Tips on how to stop chips? Is it just cause I keep getting pieces or shit? I'm on a speed demon right now. It is essentially peeking out the coffin. I asked a kid I know at my park and he said "Yeah, I used to get chips...when I sucked." Haha. But that is the only response I have gotten so far. The newish deck that I am going to switch to when this one becomes unskatable is a Erik Ellington Death Wish board. I am hoping it doesn't break so easily.

I think the wood is what's screwing you over. You'll eventually land nollie flips bolts and you won't have to worry anymore. If the decks are being made in china then I guess their not applying the resin right, 7 plys of wood with proper resin shouldn't break on flatground.

i usually land bolts on.

but yeah at slow speeds i land on the nose or tail.

thats the weird thing dude.

since having this deck and the one i snapped last week,

ive been doing some of my best skating in a while.

landing lots of swtich/nollie stuff.

but its just weird.

maybe i need to stop doing nollie flips.

last board, nollieflie snapped the tail.

this board, nollieflip snapped the nose.

i love nollie flips.

Sounds like they switched their wood.

yeah i thought that too.

but only on nollie flips.

I went through a phase back in 94 where almost everytime I did a 360 flip (treflip) I'd snap my tail.

That shit was on flatground too.

I eventually came to the realization that it was cause I had developed a habit of catching them and stomping them down hard as fuck with my foot over the tail.

This was before landing shit bolts even existed, and I was catching them and stomping them down.

But if you're snapping your shit easy on flatground nollieflips, I'm sticking with the story that your shop switched up to some cheaper wood.