The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
ditto. exactly.

elitist bowl trogs suck duane peter's dick, and punk rock has been dead for 30 years now. flannel will go out of vogue again shortly and you can disappear back into the shadows where nobody cared about you for another 20 years

Elitist ? No way man , people skating Pools/Bowls have always been shit on by the masses since the 1980's and it's ok . Only in the past 10 years have you seen a huge resurgence of concrete skating . The parks are being built , which is a good thing . Kids are terrified of it , because they think they'll get fucked up so easily . This is where I get my kicks teaching the younger skaters how to carve , board control , and the basics which get faster and bigger over time . :cool:

Well they just resurfaced our ramp with rubberized-asphalt at work....and everyone is waiting for me to skate it . :lol: I'll try to get the guys to film me being pulled behind a tug , etc...a dare of naked skating has erupted in Line Service . I told them nothing less than $50 , because of TSA , CPD and City Ops , not to mention all the other airport workers . We'll see...

what the fuck is wrong with girl exactly? they're consistently the most loved team in skateboarding, and they have the best graphics department in the industry, hands down.

alex olson is the future

Most loved doesn't mean much to me at all . I'm a Santa Cruz / Black Label guy . Most of their riders were hated but respected . Best graphics..well I care more about the shape and materials of the board .

I love Rick Howard & Eric Koston , both out of Girl .

But I do love seeing how mad you get when I make fun of Girl . :lol: :cool:

Best graphics..well I care more about the shape and materials of the board .

yeah but girl/chocolate boards out sell either of those companys 10,000,000 to 1.

yeah but girl/chocolate boards out sell either of those companys 10,000,000 to 1.

i'd probably chalk that up to having more popular dudes on their team. face it, most kids will buy a deck just because it has so-and-so's name on it, they don't care about the durability of the deck. i'm not saying that's true of everyone, obviously. put it this way, how many boards do you think Element has sold just because Bam Margera's name is on them? how much do you think Bam's decks have outsold Mike Vallely's? do you think that's because Bam is a better skater? because he's more respected? no, it's because he's more popular.

i'm not discrediting anyone that skates for girl/chocolate by any means, because i definitely agree they've got some of the best dudes out, but the simple fact is names like Eric Koston, Chico Brenes, and Guy Mariano will outsell names like Pat Rakestraw, Shuriken Shannon, and Justin Strubing just because of their names.

now look back at history, go back through all the years of skateboarding... now do you think Santa Cruz has maybe sold more boards?

really, it's a matter of personal preference, it doesn't matter. all i'm saying is that "big" names will sell more decks any day of the week.

My question to everyone posting or wanting to post in this thread . By sheer miracle tomorrow you are suddenly sponsored full-time by anyone you want . Who do you pick ? I think it'll be fun to see everyone's answers . :cool:

Myself :

Black Label - 9.25" x 33" size deck ( Pool/Bowl/Vert) & 8.0" x 31" ( Street ) Graphics for each deck would most likely funny if not controversial . I think for the bigger board I'd have Scarlett Johansson's face , tits pressed against wet shower glass . And the Street deck maybe Asia Argento going down on Santa Claus .

Independent Trucks...no question . I'd most likely stick with the 169mm setup for the bigger boards and a 159mm setup for the smaller boards...possibly 149mm

Emergency/ Black Label Wheels . 60mm , 62mm for non-street & 56mm for street

Pig Gold Ceramic Bearings

Black Label Hardware 1"1/4

Madrid Flypaper Griptape . Blue , Pink , Green , Yellow .

187 knee & elbow pads

Suicide Bomber Helmet

And lastly to have my own Vans shoe :cool: