Ever seen anyone faint?

Dr. Dazzle

So this morning my girlfriend and I decided to have a shower together. Saucy. Anyway, during the proceedings, she tells me she's feeling really dizzy and thinks she's going to pass out. So I open the door, get her out the shower and BAM, eyes roll back in her head, and she falls down and smacks her head against the wall. Now, this is the first time I've ever had someone faint on me, and the first time anything like this has happened while I've been with her, so I start freaking out and panicking. I drag her back to my bed, dry her off, put her clothes on and wrap her up warm, and finally she wakes up. She's hearing this loud buzzing sound in her head and her stomach hurts. When she finally starts feeling better, we go to the doctors and they tell her she's fine and she must have just had a bad head-rush. Like an hour after we get back to my house, she starts complaining about feeling really nauseous, and starts throwing up. Eventually she finishes, she's crying and feeling really bad, so I take her home and tell her brother what happened, and that if it keeps happeneing to take her to the hospital. Scary shit. Now I'm sitting here thinking the worst and just waiting for her to phone and tell me that everything's alright....

Anyway I kind of got sidetracked. Has anyone on here ever fainted? It's never happened to me. What's it like? Anyone ever had someone faint on them, or faint with hilarious results? My mum told me a story about how when her and my dad were dating, he fainted at a concert and was propped up by the guy in front of him. The guy didn't do anything because I guess he thouhgt he was just some drunk hippy grooving out to the show. I never realized that the person's body goes completely limp and you're pretty much helpless to stop them falling. What's the correct procedure for dealing with someone who's fainted? You really realize how little first aide knowledge you actually have until you have to put it in to use....

Share, or not.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was drinking with this girl friend a month ago or so, and she's a tiny chick, so she was pretty drunk after a couple drinks.

blah blah, about an hour later, I rolled a blunt and halfway through smoking, she just drops to the floor, out cold. she just lays there for a couple minutes, then wakes up, and I tried to stand her up, and she stared at me and asked who I was. A couple seconds later she remembered who I was, and it was all good. Later, she described the experience to me, and she said that my face was shape-shifting and turning into different people that she knew, weird shit.

I know this is a totally different example because of drugs and alcohol, but it was scary as shit for a couple minutes nonetheless.

did u perhaps fart while u were in the shower together?

nah im joking...

hmmm, ive seen someone pass out from getting choked at judo once....guy came to as if nothing happened and couldnt remember why he passed out....as for "fainting" as you describe it...not not really...i came really close once, but i pulled through....all the sounds around me began like melding together and it was really weird....i think i had cloudy vision as well and i just sat down on the floor so i dont fall and smack my head on shit....and i managed to crawl downstairs and lie down on a couch...

good times

I've come close to fainting a few times... and I've seen plenty of people fall out from over exertion and I've seen the band The Faint...but nothing quite like that.

I'm not sure there's a whole lot you can do for someone who faints... cept maybe lay them out comfortably.... possibly on their side so they don't choke on their tounge (It's a good thing to do this with people who pass out from drinking too, so they don't choke on their tounge or vomit. ) .... Probably the important thing is to lay them out and make sure there is blood getting to their head. Maybe get them some water if they are dehydrated. Yeah but consulting a doctor never hurts.

I hope your girl is alright.

i fainted once, it was a really hot day and i was real dehydrated

i was walking past a table and everything just kinda went fuzzy and i couldnt see

or really feel anything , i herd myself hit the table and then that was it , woke up a minute later feeling pretty sideways

i sometimes get that really dizzy, headrush feeling that you described but i've never fainted. my stomach usually is nauseated and i just lay down and sleep it off. it happened once while i was at a bar (i hadn't been drinking) and i ran to my car and slept in it for about an hour.

im not sure what it is.. i guess i should ask my doctor.

a friend of mine once showed me how to make myself faint. first he took a lot of quick deep breathes, then he would clamp both hands around his neck. he would squeeze with his finger tips on the back of his neck, using his palms to cut off the circulation, and he just held like that. the first few times he couldnt get it to work so he surprised me when his whole body just goes limp. right away he comes back and is like 'ooooooh yeah thats the good stuff.'

I never tried it though

Guest KING BLING

I have a friend who has something wrong with one of the valves in her heart and the exact same, seemingly random, passing out happens to her like twice a year...she can't drive because of it.

high fever, was taking a piss, passed out with my dick in hand. luckily, it cought me when i was finishing up. got a few drops on me and a scraped elbow which i didn't feel. i was on the tile for all of 5 or six seconds before i came to.

Originally posted by KYU@May 6 2005, 09:15 PM

a friend of mine once showed me how to make myself faint. first he took a lot of quick deep breathes, then he would clamp both hands around his neck. he would squeeze with his finger tips on the back of his neck, using his palms to cut off the circulation, and he just held like that. the first few times he couldnt get it to work so he surprised me when his whole body just goes limp. right away he comes back and is like 'ooooooh yeah thats the good stuff.'

I never tried it though

I remember a bunch of kids used to do this in junior high, you'd walk down the hall at lunch time and see all these crumpled bodies on the floor. It was like Columbine, only nothing like it....

it sounds like when ur gf started throwing up she might have gotten a minor concusion(sp?) from hitting her head on the wall. i think the general procedure when a person faints is pretty much u did. just like a person have a seizure. just let it happen and go to the doctors.

i don't think i've ever seen some1 faint before....

one time when i was little i put my brother in this gnarly headlock and he fainted

he went all limp and shit so i dropped him. i thought he was fucking around, you know? he hits his dome on the tile floor and comes to after about 5 seconds. it sucked.

i've almost passed out due to blood loss.

Guest sneak

a few times ive stood up quite quickly (or for any random reason) id get really dizzy, see a red tinge around everything then id feel my legs go and id be on the floor.

never really thought about it apart from not liking it when it happens.

I fainted only one time in my entire life.

It was a very hot morning and I didn't eat, drink, or take a specific allergy medicine that i needed for about 14 hours or something. I was in the middle of a figure drawing class and I suddenly got really sweaty. Next thing I knew, I was grabbing hold of my drawingboard and blacking out. I woke up to a nude woman and a class full of people I did not know all asking me if I was alright. I laughed at the situation right there even though I was still out of my mind. I left the room and sat on a bench and discovered that my clothes were soaked with sweat and I felt like a god dam herion demon. I got water and food and that shit has never happened ever again. I. I am the horse.

i saw my friend fall flat on the floor with a blunt and a beer in his hands,he stumbled on me at first but i thought he was just trying to be a dickhead,then he went to other way and fell onto the garbage can,soo i knew he wasnt fucking around,i just gave him water and sat him down and he was all good.i guess there was too much smoke in the room..