Ewokee talkie

farmer john

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EWOKONEDOTCOM

YO THIS SHIT IS ILL, BUT ITS ONLY GRAFF FELLAS TAKE IT EASY, I PAINT FOR MYSELF , AND ALIITLE BIT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ENJOY LOOKIN AT WHAT I DO, AND TO THE GUY WHO SAID IM NOT HUMBLE,, ITS LIKE THIS BRO, IM STRICTLY A DICK TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARES DICKS TO ME,, IVE BECOME THIS KINDA PERSON BECAUSE THAT WHAT GRAFFITI HAS DONE TO ME. END OF STORY, IF YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN WHATEVER ,WORRY BOUT YASELF, AND JUDGE MY WORK BY WHAT I PUT IN FRONT OF YOU AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME , NOT AT WHAT PEOPLE SAY IM LIKE, DONT WORRY IF IM AN ASSHOLE, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO MEET ME, SO WHO CARES. YOU DONT CATCH ME AT GALLERY SHOWS AND U WONT CATCH ME AT GRAFFITI EVENTS, I WAS AT ST. LOUIS TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS, THATS THAT.

AND LIKE I SAID, JUDGE THE WORK, NOT THE SOAP OPERA POLITICS BEHIND EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE CLAIMIN THEY KNOW ME.

Guest EWOKONEDOTCOM

SO WHAT,,,,,,, BETTER THIS BETTER THAT,,,,,

THIS TOPIC WILL NEVER BE SETTLED, IM OVER IT, CANT YALL???

Guest Ouija

For whatever it's worth, I think both Ewoks are amazing writers. Coming from the east coast, I'm more familiar with Ewok.com's stuff. I'd definitely say he's a living legend around here. Regardless of attitude or whatever (never met the guy), he's put a ton of work into graffiti and paid his dues. By paying dues I mean that Ewok's taken what graffiti had to offer him and made something new from it and gaves it back. It's a wack thing to shit talk someone who so obviously has something to offer with his graffiti. I remember starting up not knowing what a fat cap was....and Ewok destroying walls even back then. I'm not sack riding, but 90% of you kids certainly can't step to this guys skills, but you hide behind a keyboard and bitch and whine. Back in the old days (I wasn't there) a writers skill was measured by how good his pieces were. Now it seems anyone can be a king if they lick enough stamps and make friends with mag editors and webmasters. I wish more people would strive to be as good as what we see here. It's never going to happen, because it's too much effort.

That was a stupid whiny rant, but I'm kinda sad at how little effort goes into a lot of graffiti. I love seeing stuff like this. Walls like that take imagination and effort. If you actually study the letters, they're so amazingly tight and the technique is so clean it makes your head spin. I'm glad that 5 or so years into painting I'm still not jaded enough that I can't be amazed at work like this.

------------------

ouija13transcend3a

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
That was a stupid whiny rant, but I'm kinda sad at how little effort goes into a lot of graffiti.

????

that is not such a great generalized saying ouija. but do your thing anyway. i dig it nonetheless. appreciate it or get the fuck out.

Guest EWOKONEDOTCOM

,,, i think im gonna shed a tear... lollllllll , nah yo, oula,, much love for looking into my work like that, and u brought out a few things that i agree with totally on the level of people not putting in enough work these days, and it definately is true, people find it easier to do a 3 colored " piece " in 5 min , on a fr8 and get dap from it so, they less likely to put alot of time focusing on there letters and such, dont get me wrong there are some ill niggas i see rockin fr8s, but the majority is half assed garbage biters and other shit. i wish people wouldnt resort to the easier side of getting graff fame, and its so cliche for people to jump on the fr8 bandwagon these days cause its easier to get props from then putting some brains together and tryin to make europe look bad, to me my letters are like brain pushups, i try to up my workout every rep.

none the less, good lookin on ya reply , i find this site fun to read now and again.

Guest Ouija
Originally posted by Serkoff:

????

that is not such a great generalized saying ouija. but do your thing anyway. i dig it nonetheless. appreciate it or get the fuck out.

The whiny rant was in reference to myself. Me bitching and whining about how quality is kind of out of fashion now. I'm big on learning technique and mastering the technical side of graffiti. Use it to actualize your concepts. Example would be the dropshadowing that Ewok uses, or Pen's cracked apart peices, or that piece at Acme you did with the MTA symbol kicked sideways for the E. It wouldn't have looked as effective if it wasn't so clean. It looked like it was printed on there.

Ewok....I admire some really great work, and I'm with you on trying to do something new and push the level of graffiti in the states to compare to euro stuff. It seems like there's less convetion of what you're "supposed" to do out there. I've never been overseas, but that's how it seems to me with what i see coming out of there.

------------------

ouija13transcend3a

[This message has been edited by Ouija (edited 05-15-2001).]

Archived