Siphoning gas...

CACashRefund

After watching a news segment on somebody who was caught stealing gasoline from a depot out by where i live, i wondered who else steals gas?

Apparently the guy popped open gasoline containers and siphoned it to a system of tanks he had in his car, and then sold the gas out of his garage to friends of his for 1.50 a gallon!

Now i couldnt find the articel on this but i found a related one, and i was just wondering how many of have either done this yourself(or some variation thereof) or have stories of such incidents.

My story is of a month ago when we got stranded out in this shit town when we went there for a party, and we did not bother to fill up the tank, needless to say the car died on us and we had to go around siphoning the neigbors cars for the shit.

LAKEWOOD - Has it really come to this? With pump prices so high, some people are stealing gas from their neighbors.

"When I walked up, the gas door was open, there was gas running down the side of my car, the gas cap was on the ground," said Stephanie Fitch.

She knew she'd been hit by gas thieves -- and brazen thieves too.

They struck in broad daylight in the parking lot of a Lakewood Safeway. Stephanie came out of the store with her groceries to find two men parked next to her.

"They had the back door open close enough to touch, they had this door open, so they could access the gas tank without being seen from either side," she said.

She thought they were loading groceries. But when they drove off she noticed her gas cap on the ground and realized they'd siphoned her tank.

"I was fuming, I was absolutely fuming," Fitch said.

And apparently, Stephanie is not alone. More and more people are reporting their gas tanks are being drained by thieves.

At the Lakewood NAPA Auto Parts store, manager Dave Pease can't keep locking gas caps in stock.

"We get at least one person every day who lost a tank of gas last night -- they don't know where they don't know when -- but they run out of gas on the way to work," Pease said. "It's happening daily."

Stephanie says she won't be a victim again. She's on her way to buy one of those locking gas caps.

Experts say a locking gas cap is the best defense. But if you don't want the hassle of an extra key, you can park in well-lit areas and close to the stores you're shopping in.

http://www.komotv.com/news/mnewsaction.asp?ID=36505

Discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fermentor666@May 4 2005, 06:02 PM

If I catch someone siphoning gas from my car I will attempt to end their life.

Be especially watchful on friday and monday mornings during the times of 3am(Not really directed at you). If i were to siphon gas from someones ride id do it then, fill up before the weekend, and fill up before the week, thats what most people do. Id do it at those times, becuase there is more of a chance of catching a full tank.

Yeah petrol prices are getting pretty shitty in Aus too.

reffering to gatbush's anticdote (don't really know what the fuck that word means)

remember in Zoolander when those guys are having a water fight with petrol then one of them lights a ciggarette, I was laughing so hard it had me in tears.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by krs702@May 4 2005, 04:48 PM

gas prices are really not that bad

http://www.cato.org/dailys/09-06-03.html

I doubt you were being sarcastic, so lets see who bank rolls these unbias perveyors of truth...

http://world-information.org/wio/infostruc...opmode=contents

Catos corporate donors include tobacco firms:

Philip Morris (Rupert Murdoch sits on Philip Morris board of directors) and R.J. Reynolds.

Financial firms: American Express, Chase Manhattan Bank, Chemical Bank, Citicorp/Citibank, Commonwealth Fund, Prudential Securities and Salomon Brothers.

Energy conglomerates: Chevron Companies, Exxon Company, Shell Oil Company and Tenneco Gas, as well as the American Petroleum Institute, Amoco Foundation and Atlantic Richfield Foundation.

Furthermore the Cato Institute is funded by pharmaceutical firms: Eli Lilly & Company, Merck & Company and Pfizer, Inc., foundations, like Koch, Lambe and Sarah Scaife and companies from the telecommunications sector: Bell Atlantic Network Services, BellSouth Corporation, Microsoft, NYNEX Corporation, Sun Microsystems and Viacom.

stop buying cars you dont need fuckheads.

your gas is dirt cheap compared to the rest of the world.

hopefully all the morons on this continent will figure out that if you drive a geo metro it doesent cost alot to fill up and does the same job that your ute does. because its not like anyone who drives one of those actually hauls anything.

no sympathy for stupidity.

I swear it angers me to see these pint sized soccer moms driving in H2 hummers...I think they get under 10 miles per gallon...This country also needs to invest serious money into rebuilding our railway system...Mass transit in my neck of the woods is near non existent....Its really as simple as, the demand for gasoline goes down, the price goes down...Humanity is fucked.......

Originally posted by CACashRefund@May 4 2005, 04:04 PM

After watching a news segment on somebody who was caught stealing gasoline from a depot out by where i live, i wondered who else steals gas?

are you from washington?

i don't but i would like to get my gas for cheap, hook me up someone in lakewood...

Gas prices are insane! I remember when it was 97 cents a gallon. I blame the Bush administration for pissing off the Middle East. And where are these gas stations you can just fill up and bounce without paying first??? :huh2:

Originally posted by onesecondple@May 5 2005, 03:46 AM

gas prices arent bad, quit bitchin, or quit driving shitty cars and complaining, its your own fault, walk, commute, ride a bike.

Only a hand full of cities have reliable public transportation. Only in a handfull of cities can you get around with a bike. The rest you NEED a car. That's not mentioning the vast amount of people that don't live in a city.

another easy way to do it..... in england anyway.... is to 'modify' your number plate with black insulating tape, that way if you get stopped by the pigs you wont have to explain why you got somone else's numberplates in your car

No i have NEVER EVER stolen petrol

Originally posted by KING BLING+May 4 2005, 11:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KING BLING - May 4 2005, 11:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-krs702@May 4 2005, 04:48 PM

gas prices are really not that bad

http://www.cato.org/dailys/09-06-03.html

I doubt you were being sarcastic, so lets see who bank rolls these unbias perveyors of truth...

http://world-information.org/wio/infostruc...opmode=contents

Catos corporate donors include tobacco firms:

Philip Morris (Rupert Murdoch sits on Philip Morris board of directors) and R.J. Reynolds.

Financial firms: American Express, Chase Manhattan Bank, Chemical Bank, Citicorp/Citibank, Commonwealth Fund, Prudential Securities and Salomon Brothers.

Energy conglomerates: Chevron Companies, Exxon Company, Shell Oil Company and Tenneco Gas, as well as the American Petroleum Institute, Amoco Foundation and Atlantic Richfield Foundation.

Furthermore the Cato Institute is funded by pharmaceutical firms: Eli Lilly & Company, Merck & Company and Pfizer, Inc., foundations, like Koch, Lambe and Sarah Scaife and companies from the telecommunications sector: Bell Atlantic Network Services, BellSouth Corporation, Microsoft, NYNEX Corporation, Sun Microsystems and Viacom.

[/b]

not only that, but the article krs posted is from 2003.

Originally posted by SF1+May 5 2005, 01:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - May 5 2005, 01:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-onesecondple@May 5 2005, 03:46 AM

gas prices arent bad, quit bitchin, or quit driving shitty cars and complaining, its your own fault, walk, commute, ride a bike.

Only a hand full of cities have reliable public transportation. Only in a handfull of cities can you get around with a bike. The rest you NEED a car. That's not mentioning the vast amount of people that don't live in a city.

[/b]

you wanna drive, thats cool, just dont drive one of these

Ford%20Excursion%20-%2002.jpg

instead, get one of these and quit bitchin about it....

civic.jpg