Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forties at 52nd st(rainbow) for anyone in westphila.. 3 for 5 coqui 900 that was my steal and i was white as a motherfucker gettin harrased but we went so much i started knowin people i actually went back a month or so ago im 23 now and its still same dudes workin same bummy dudes out front.. thats good shit.. knowin every weed spot througout west.. bein such a regular that i wouldnt get hassled after a few stops... love the hood...

Lots of shit to write on. I hate people with lots of money because im a broke student. I rather be poor around poor folks than poor around rich people. Its nice that theres bbq on eery other corner and hydro on the block and lots of fine ladies in their little summer gear. I live in what is considered by the insurance fuckbags to be a high crime area so my insurance is unreasonably high. If i can get some money i want to move to a safer neighborhood so i can get groceries cheaper and closer and my insurance isnt so fucked up. All we got around me are nasty little market/ liquorstores and i see alot of big ass rats. The ghetto has a certain ambiance. A rhythmn that is absent in the suburbs. I like that motion it keeps me alert and on point. Plus the police are alot more chill here than the suburbs. Suburbs have all the nice shit. Ghetto is laid back and living is more day to day and communal

my list...

- realizing you've been up for three days straight on shroomz, powder, ecstacy, and hard liquor... and THEN realizing that "this is why I can't hang out with you guys!", and laughing with your hood friends till reality sets in, and realizing you have a better life now and shouldn't do that shit any more. :burn:

- 50 cent noodles

- popcorn (its cheap AND odd enough, filling!)

- Old English 800's being re-introduced to Vancouver cold beer and wine stores a few years ago, and being really exited bout it.

- Wearing your lokes whenever you god damn feel like it (night included)

- The stress of knowing the only thing that will ever make you truely happy is dedicating yourself to the true writer lifestyle, and at the same time acknowledging that you love money... for better or worse. One day.

- Knowing your student loan is large and that you have commited yourself as much to grafitti as to success in your professional life, so deal with it.

- Never settling on a name, even after years of praise. (maybe just stupid.)

- Accepting lond distance charges for the man in lockdown, even though its $1.50 a fucking minute.

- Getting busted being ballsy in front of a plain clothed officer with a pilot silver broad.

- Walking through a crowd of dodgey cats straight faced holding your own, then getting through and breathing that sigh of releif.

- Being the only positive "get out of your shitty situation cat" in your clique. And always getting booed for it.

- Telling your girl you aint gonna drink, then as soon as she gone slippin out to grab the OE, even though you love her so much. (being a closet alcoholic / boozehound)

- Hitting the streets in the hopes that one day you will meet an experienced bomber in your area who has been down the same road as you, and inspires you to BOMB, not just get high like your old school friends.

- Knowing you are fully devoted to grafitti for better or worse, and may never meet another writer who isnt stuck on some negative bullshit.

... thats it. Seems this was the best place to vent. Cool. Thanks for listening. Peace.

<<Religion>>

Whenever I'm in the cuts, crackheads always ask me for change.

When I say no, they ask me for a cigarette.

When I give them one, they ask me for another one "for later."

I'm always down to give a bum a smoke if he's friendly, but two? Come on now.

Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of black bums specifically have the gift of gab...they will chat you up and somehow get you involved in some ridiculous/almost charming conversation. White bums just don't have mouth-piece.

mackfatsoe // not from the hood

Originally posted by Theodore Huxtable+May 8 2005, 12:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Theodore Huxtable - May 8 2005, 12:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@May 3 2005, 08:18 PM

-not getting hassled for getting up

The best one. You can drop a tag or even a throw-up in the hood in broad daylight and a lot of cats won't care. Try it in the nice prissy white areas and the heroe civilians with the cellphones pop out of nowhere and people look at you and ridicule you like you just murdered somebody.

[/b]

i only drop tags in the hood. If you get rolled in the suburbs its like 10 X as bad and even if you get away it gets the instabuff

im mad sick of bums. Especially this one cat thats always outside my local liquorstore who is always twisted back with his eyes all fluttery and his nose running acting all twitchy. That dude pisses me off. He will chase you down the street for change. I seen him breaking into cars before and i think hes the guy thats been snatching purses

-welfare

-famliy thats not poor that give you shit like clothes thats too small for them

-$1 for a pack of hotdogs and bacon and shit like that

-having connections to anything you want for cheap as fuck

Originally posted by isor357+May 8 2005, 08:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (isor357 - May 8 2005, 08:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Theodore Huxtable@May 8 2005, 12:31 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-LENS@May 3 2005, 08:18 PM

-not getting hassled for getting up

The best one. You can drop a tag or even a throw-up in the hood in broad daylight and a lot of cats won't care. Try it in the nice prissy white areas and the heroe civilians with the cellphones pop out of nowhere and people look at you and ridicule you like you just murdered somebody.

i only drop tags in the hood. If you get rolled in the suburbs its like 10 X as bad and even if you get away it gets the instabuff

[/b]

yeah. that shit is gone the next day.

finding weed on every two blocks

running water

always seeing at least 3 people you know while walking to the store

kool aid

grabbing handfulls of kfc hotsauce to take home

food stamps

bologna,cheese,mayo on toast

you can buy beer,tobacco products at age 15

and last but not least 30 year old women that think and know they are still beautiful

- playing arcade games at the liquor store. and acting like the two arcades in his store is the shit like a real arcade galleries. and the arcade is some old shit like centipede or street fighter II or nba jam because he's too cheap to update his shit.

- going into barbershops and having dudes with dreadlocks walk in trying to sell bootleg cd's and incense while the barber is trying to run him out

- back when you was little you called those candies "nowlatas"

- back in the day when the laundrymat was your playground

- waking up 3 in the morning to hear gunshots in the distance

- roller skating rinks being the hang out spot to meet girls, skate, dance, play arcades. also it was the place to get jacked or stabbed.

- shooting craps

- walking out the house with your shirt tucked in to go to school and pants pulled up high while your mom waves you off. then when she closes the door you pull your shirt out and sag showing your boxers underneath.

- dudes wearing their jansports up high and tight like it was a fashion statement. because it didn't have any books or papers inside.

- mom&pop burger or pastrami joints. and getting it "to go" and walking around with the generic brown paper bag with grease stains, and the burger wrapped in generic yellow paper.

- dudes that are about 16 or 18 riding little tiny boy and girl bikes before they came out with lowrider bikes

- dudes on their front porch just waiting for something to happen. you better know these cats if you're walking by yourself otherwise they gonna start some shit or ask you questions

- oh yeah and back in the day when you didn't have no money as a kid/teen, you'd go to the taco bells or burger kings and just ask for some fries and a water. or one taco and a water. then go to the soda fountain and fill the small water cup with pepsi or fanta grape and shit.

- oh yeah and wearing pro-wings or xj-900's and getting clowned hard.

my child hood - not that ghetto

-rocket pops

-quarter water and 25cent bag of chips

-99cent MGD 22's

-Free Air at the gas station for my bike

-Sugar water

-4 Guys Deli letting us drink in the back during the winter

-skating 5 miles to a spot was no problem

-beating street fighter with 1 quarter

-sitting on the top of the bench instead of the actual bench- haha.

-kool aid / tang

-saving the burger king cup for the next time youre there

-only going to burger king cause they had free refills

-moms tells you to get extra napkins from the fast food places to have for home.

-finding wippet canisters, dime bags, blunt guts, and dirty condoms as a kid. - didnt know what they fuck they were for

-spam

Originally posted by can of worms+May 8 2005, 01:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (can of worms - May 8 2005, 01:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-laughoutloud@May 6 2005, 11:44 AM

that aint ghetto son

- dixy chicken £2 MEAL

- not paying for anything

somewhat of a contradiction innit?

[/b]

if you take everything literally. smartarse.

-10p crisps

-laundrettes

-bruk as fuck bmx's- no grips/brakes/etc

Originally posted by catch_this!@May 6 2005, 01:02 AM

-That old car thats catching tags on south street.

bangedoutcar6wc.jpg

- blatently robbing the same corner store 2 or 3 times in one night

- promising your friends older brother you could move a pack for him, smoking it all, then having to rob tourists to get the money back

-Flavor Aid (not kool aid)

-Racking bread that they put outside of grocery stores for early morning delivery

-space heaters instead of central heat(unless you roll over and burn your hand on it)

-getting chased by the stray dogs

-back in the day you could get 99 cent 40's of ole E at this one corner store spot...sick.

-mad dog in a brown bag

-ahh shit mixing ramen noodles with dollar store spaghetti sauce...shit is fresh.