Krylon Rustoleum

whoneedsavet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

why buy paint that you dont know when you already have killer stuff at hand, especially when the american stuff is going to be the same price as euro paint. the shipping is a killer and once you do the USD-AUD conversion, it comes up to around the same as euro paint.

Its maybe because the idea of using paint from america that he is thinking about,

Kind of like asking why paint a train in NYC if you can just paint the trains you have at home?

Its the idea of using the same brand of paint kings of a bygone era used.

I dont know, that just popped into my head for some reason.

The funny thing is that most of the kings of that bygone era are now using the imported paint from Germany almost exclusively.

I watched part of that new video State Your Name and was rather shocked to see dudes bombing with cans of Molotow. Either they're rolling in dough or they got some sort of hook-up. You really can't rack that shit.

Truly, all brands of american paint aren't what they used to be. I used some late 70's Rusto cans earlier in the week, and the coverage was incredible. Granted it was leather brown and flat white, but still. Amazing. It seems like it dried quicker than new Rusto, too. No skipping until the can was nearly empty, as well.

Krylon has always been pretty thin. I think something's changed in the past couple years, because I just used a can of the Tuscan Sunset, which is a dull clay red. The color would suggest thick pigments, but that's not the case. Old Krylon Bonfire was about the same color, and that's a one coater. Who knows. That color Pebble also looks like it should be thick, but it's piss. I'd like to find that Saddle Tan color. Looks nice.

Originally posted by Von schnabel@May 6 2005, 03:22 PM

There are about say a thousend different paint brands in europe. Remember europe is not a country, its a continent with diffrent countries wich are as diffrent from each other as italy is to canada. And every country has its own brands. The best non graffiti specific paint though comes from germany(like everything else!) or more specific the peter kwasny company, wich has made some off the most exelent paint in the world like belton(and later grafitti specific molotow brand), auto-k and multona.

One thing though that i think is the same all over europe, and that is the price point of the paint, we dont have one or two dollar paint. multona and such is very expensive almost 10dollars in an gasstation. wich means most of it is behind bars or the counter, or has been since the early 80s anyway.

The euro graff scene is bigger than the american, maybe this is because the more urban enviroments in europe..or what ever, i dont know...but the fact is there has been a huge market for anyone who could deliver paint for a ca 3dollar price point...this is probably the reason that there are alot of new graffiti specific paint.

Americans dont need this since they have dollar chrome and great 2-3 dollar color in major crosscountry stores.

I got my hands on some multona awhile ago, a bunch of colors that were in a gradient of sulfur yellow to a gross olive. Oh how I would love to get my hands on some more of that, that stuff was fucking awesome paint.

Rustoleum, and its secondary brands (American Accents, Painters Touch, even Americas Finest to an extent) is great paint, and nearly equal, if not equal to european paint. Rustoleum is the only parent brand i have 100 percent faith in, great paint and great colors. There are a few Krylon (and Valspar) colors that are OK, I've noticed a change and i am by no means an old writer. As far as a European asking the question, there are all sorts of American off brands that can really hit the spot, but involve a lot of looking for to find. I've noticed that some real dope colors that are provided by "off brand" paint companies, need some sort of maintenance -ie you would need female caps to fit them, or none of your caps will fit them (yet you could always fill with them, or do details that need not actual detail). Aside from thickness, and quality, the defining difference between American paint and montanas is that Monatana paint is Low Pressure. Montanas let you outline and shape your letters slowly, and practically draw like you would with a pencil. Paint is released slower with these "graffiti oriented" european brands and you just can't get that control from American spraypaint. (I have little can control) Lining letters as slow as Montana allows, with American paint, equals a lot of drips and mistakes. In other words, you got the best stuff, but I will always appreciate American paints more than any other paint.

Originally posted by stylus1@May 20 2005, 01:46 AM

Paint is released slower with these "graffiti oriented" european brands and you just can't get that control from American spraypaint. (I have little can control) Lining letters as slow as Montana allows, with American paint, equals a lot of drips and mistakes.

You might want to consider spraying your can upside-down to release some pressure for outlining and what not. Nothing can beat good can control, but as you mentioned less pressure is definately helpful. To me Montana is just too expensive, and to an extent, can be replaced color-wise through different American brands.

Originally posted by Old Growth@May 27 2005, 02:58 AM

Rusto professional cans are the business. Thick paint and quick dry. You can't go wrong. The safety blue and green are always a good decision.

I agree shit rocks...rusto lasts, covers, works butter with ny thins

krylon.. cant go wrong w ufb and flat white

montana is over rated i dont need it to suck

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by whoneedsavet@May 1 2005, 10:43 AM

Im from the UK and hardly ever see Krylon and never see Rusto. What are they like compared to Montana and Belton, over hear its mainly montana and belton for graffers but some people are using Monster colors. Is Krylon as good as other spray paint?

so if writers use belton and montana what do non writers use for like all purpose spraypaint?