Painting clean

HAL

that totorial was really good. and by the sounds of it u werent even really to transfixed on it .

i think it may be a good idea to do a tutorial on painting kinked and unflat surfaces. i know if theres anything i need to learn right now its that by a long shot. i dont know if that would be posible to teach but maybe..... also maybe 1 on characters...i dunno if that would make sense but maybe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Wouldn't it be better to outline after the 3-d and effects? or else youd have a lot of clean-ups at the end with your 3-d and effects overlapping your outline or dusting your outline so it's not crisp? And clean-ups is a waste of time imo, when the object is to get it right the first time in order to save time no? "

this depends on how well you can outline, if you can do it perfect without needing to cut it yes but i find outlines to be the hardest like corners i always have to cut my outline with my 3-d or double but with 3-d effects it gets tricky

Interested in seeing the update. This is a valuable resource for beginners. I wish I would have had something along these lines when I started out, but then I guess it's just as valuable watching friends to learn too.

Please forgive a question from a poor newbie, but let's say you were going to paint a very simple piece with a fill, outline, and then a forcefield of a different color. Would you paint in the order of #1. Fill #2. Forcefield #3. Outline in between the two OR #1. Fill #2. Outline #3. Forcefield?

I hav'nt done any Illegal peices yet, lol, but I have done a few chill peices and I just do,

-Sketch with fill color

-fill and any other colors im doing with the fill(fades or shit)

-outline and 3-d

-forcefeild or inline

-clean up my overspray

It sounds harder than it is but like I said I hav not dona any street peices, yet.

I am very impressed with this thread. I've been painting for some years and already had the jist of how to do all the detail work, but having it explained with pictures is even better. I've never been good at characters, I can draw simple one's on paper, but when it comes to color selection and shading on a character's face/body, I'm lost. Anyhow, thank you for posting something worth a damn.

ya i like this thread myself, but id like to see it get a little more active again. maybe we should try throwing a few painting problems out there, and figure out what other people are doing out there at the walls. im personally open for questions, so whatever. peace

Practice makes better.

Different styles call for different techniques.

If you are doing simple/straight letters than the standard sketch, fill, outline, etc. works fine.

If you are trying to outline something that is one finger wide, its going to be damn near impossible. Much easier to spray a wide line of your outline color and come back after with the fill color through the middle of the first line. Probably sounds confusing to some of you.

If you get the chance to see an experienced writers piece up-close, study it for a while. You can usually see what colors are overlapping other's. If you are observant enough, it should give you a general idea on efficient cutting techniques.

You aren't going to be able to paint cleaner just by reading this thread. It's got to be done hands-on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...