johnsteinbeck--deadguy_or_legend

lennydykstra

For my dough steinbeck is just one of "those" kinds of writers (did he just say that) oh my bad authors, who is a goddamn legend. If your american and can read I think it would be worth your while if you read one (fuckit read all of them) of his books. Cannery Row is a great book that Steinbeck wrote for the troops in Europe and Japan who were wrecking shit on Hitler and Hirohito, respectively (mucho respecto). The grapes of Wrath was written....Blahdyfuckingblah...point taken.

So spend five bucks or, shit, start racking books. If you ain't got a sense of humor well then I hope you get a brain tumor.

Lacquer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

The Grapes of Wrath is still in my top 10 list of books...it's simple, engaging, and written with meaning...

Cannery Row and that whole section of California is now a super yuppie paradise...it's like gentrification

No diggity. I've read Of Mice and Men, Cup of Gold, The Pearl, and Grapes of Wrath.

Of those, I enjoyed them all (especially Cup of Gold), except The Pearl. That book sucks the big one.

I hope to read Tortilla Flats soon. That's been strongly suggested to me.

Cannery Row and that whole section of California is now a super yuppie paradise...it's like gentrification

more like domination, but that's what happens when someone writes a good book about a place and its inhabitants, loser fucknuts move in and if I may quote the 'dark crystal' suck out its essence, they got the money and they can smell authenticity, I just stare at them and laugh my ass off. Oh well, c'est la vie say the old folks..