Vacationland

oOsoupOo

This stencil was blasted all over Portland from around 94 to 98. then it just stopped. I found a few still hanging on along a random stretch of tracks just out side of Portland. Does anyone have any back story on this stencil? I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking dam thats awesome! 50s guy smoking a pipe. It was always up at the local Punk Rocker squatting spots. Anyone got any info to share on this?

art75.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Born+Dead, if you're who I think you are... are you the guy I met in Boston on some random weeknight and we ended up getting drunk and roaming around until 5am just talking about graf and checking out spots, hitting South Street Diner and getting offered hookers and crack by a pimp? And I went straight to my corporate job the next day still drunk on no sleep?

This stencil was blasted all over Portland from around 94 to 98. then it just stopped. I found a few still hanging on along a random stretch of tracks just out side of Portland. Does anyone have any back story on this stencil? I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking dam thats awesome! 50s guy smoking a pipe. It was always up at the local Punk Rocker squatting spots. Anyone got any info to share on this?

art75.jpg

I believe these were the " Franks Depression Poetry" stencils back in the Zoots/ Punkrock days of Portland..

Born+Dead, if you're who I think you are... are you the guy I met in Boston on some random weeknight and we ended up getting drunk and roaming around until 5am just talking about graf and checking out spots, hitting South Street Diner and getting offered hookers and crack by a pimp? And I went straight to my corporate job the next day still drunk on no sleep?

Umm. that could of been me, Was i wasted? lol ! it all sounds like it was me. My X-girl was a diner bitch so I was there a lot in the AM drunko. Sorry, I cant put my finger on you? Its all kind of a blur back then lol.

Siiick photos Born+Dead.. i've been peeping the forum for a bit now, cleaning up my harddrive right now and I think you've got me wanting to post a few flicks! good shit! keep 'em coming!

sketch.. this isn't my profile.. i'll post pics under mine.

Glad you enjoy the History flix. I would love to see what others here have as far a historic Maine Graff. please post em if you got em.

so after 2 hours of resizing 23 photos to share with you guys.. the folder vanished on my computer. I'll get them up soon, but at this point I'm ready to throw the computer in a fire pit.. so done for the day

I'm stoked to share photos of peoples work around here.. mine werent nearly as historic as Born+dead's, but hey, the present is just history happening!

PRJCTiD

Open what ever you were resizing your photos in and hit save as. then read where it is saving to. this may be the place your folder went. If you named the folder just search it out, every computer has a search option. Or you can use a photo uploader like http://www.photobucket.com and you can resize them once you upload them.

just trying to help a brother out.

Born.

PRJCTiD

Open what ever you were resizing your photos in and hit save as. then read where it is saving to. this may be the place your folder went. If you named the folder just search it out, every computer has a search option. Or you can use a photo uploader like http://www.photobucket.com and you can resize them once you upload them.

just trying to help a brother out.

Born.

Thanks for the help man, the actual content disappeared. I was saving them to a folder on the desktop and checking it every few flicks.. then I go to upload it and it's completely different content. Id say prob virus, but I'm on a mac.. I'll get 'em up tonight, I think u posted enough to keep people at bay! yours was some true history too. if I could give props, they'd be yours! haha