Vacationland

oOsoupOo

You're torturing us with that Sept pic at the zone, back when that spot was laid up thick with all kinds of good cars ! Hopefully someday once again...

I am truly found of the ZONE layup. I felt so at home at that location and I miss benching there at the loading dock on warm summer days with a packed lunch, black book and camera. bliss. Even in the winter that place was cozy to me. The Snow drifts would be 4 feet high at times. Your legs would go numb and your fingers would go from burning to stinging, But it was still bliss. My house was not far from there and i would fall asleep to the sound of engines and cars being switched. Nothing puts me to sleep more than the low off in the distance roar of a fr8. I'm now back in Maine and 4 blocks from the tracks. lets just say, I sleep soundly once again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So awesome Born dead! This is what im talking about when ill tell kids about Portlands deep and talented history.. classics! Miss the zone so much too.. In 99 Me and Poopstache would go their before our shifts at a local shitty sandwich shop and talk about quitting and bench.. didnt take long before we actually did pull the ol' no show no call.. used to be layed up every night with quality cars.

ya bigdork, As you know, Maine has a long history and I am honored to have been there for most of it. When I was young "like around the age of 12" I moved to Portland and not just anywhere, I moved next to Crosby's. For those of you that do not know the name 'Crosby's" It is now a shipyard brewing plant in Portland. At the time 93-94 this abandon complex was the spot. I'm talking of over a 100,000SF 6 story complex with berners everywhere. From KAT, AREA, VAULT, RICH, JIB also know as BERN, GLOCK, ATTiTUDE, SIRE, SKI, OREO, BUNK, GUILT, CLEM BROTHERS, SMACK, BLUNT, JAMIN, SHINE also know as SER, on and on the list go's. This was a time when Portland had more abandon buildings than occupied. FREE ST was all boarded up and crushed with so many hand styles. There was a thriving punk rock seen. The punks would drink beers all day long at the now post office park "back then it was a parking lot" Punk crews like the PPD "Porland Power Drinkers" FSU "Fuck Shit Up" hit the streets hard with shity hands and stencil bombs.

This was a time were skateboarders didn't fit in anywhere and if you where up, you got respect from every wok of life or click. the History runs deep, long and hard. If you are new to the seen, My advice is: learn your history. let me put it this way, If you are actively following the seen, you are only getting one slice of the pie, when you could be eating the whole pie....lol

Some of the first graff crews to form in portland where: ABC INC "Allready Been Chewed Incorporated" ADK "Aerosol Destruction Kings" HBTK "Hostile Bomb Threat Kings" SMB "Silent Midnight Bombers" TAV "True Aerosol Vandals" ATS "Attack The Soul" SFL " Some Friends Last" YME Yearround Metal Enjoyment" NE "Nocturnal Enemy's" on and on it go's......

Born Dead coming with some history that time forgot....thank God for your shoebox. Lost all of my flicks in the raid of 94'. Loved seeing that Rich1 piece !!! That ones about 20+ years old !!! Do you have flicks from Crosby's. Would love to see some of them joints. Like the Glock one or the Beastie boys mural? Hit me up on the online social networking site.

All my photos of the Crosby days are MIA. I wish i still had them. That glock piece was so fresh! I remember finding the beastie boys mural. At the time the main door to that area was locked, so you had to find your way through the pitch black maze like building. When I say pitch black, I mean you could not see your hand in front of your face. I entered that room and was in shock at the size of that mural. That's what its was all about back then for me. Discovering new berners. When I discovered that room my jaw hit the floor. I squatted up there every day after school for like a month strait, with my paint markers that I was to poor to buy, so I stole em, My note pad of school paper and I drew my toy ass TAGs. Dreaming of, one day meeting King RICH and maybe becoming a King at some point in my life myself.

There was no internet back then, no 12oz, no graff mags, just your two feet and the drive to find berners, spots and the hope that you may bump into another writer, If it was a good day, he wouldn't kick your ass and take your paint for being a toy. the good old days...

You ARE a king. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I would kill for a flick of anything in there. I remember ...Rich skipped school, stole 60 cans and a hockey-bag and did that mural (about 60ft. X 15ft.) when he was 14. My memory of the Glock piece is a little fuzzy, but I remember that it had a character in a hoodie and the letters came out nice. Late 80's vibe and all !!!

OK, This photo has a lot going on and is a vital piece of Maine Graff history. Please bare with the bad paint overlay.

If you look closely there is a TOY (name not listed for security reasons) getting busted for trying to sidebust his way to fame. Note, he is painting in daylight hours and a stones toss away from the highway. the cops have sealed the deal with closing his only 2 exits, Now him and his buddy's are busted. Now I did not take this photo, But it is priceless to me. My friend was driving home from work one day and just happen to snap the funnest photo ever.

Note:

This SER * SEPT is the First ROLLER BLOCKBUSTER in Maine history.

photo is large for viewing details :

art74.jpg