Vacationland

oOsoupOo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The Faith of Graffiti History ... So Sick !!!

While we are on the topic, I heard from a friend that a slew of graffiti I did from the late 80's and early 90's was alive and well in a storage room at Shipyard. So I had to investigate his claims. Low and behold after much charming of the gift shop employee, she let me have a look at said storage room. The room houses their hops and grains and shit. She told me that the room is on a humidity control and completely monitored for freshness (no pun intended ). It was totally surreal and a blast from the past to say the least. I remember painting my first graffiti in this very room 25 years ago. The room was stocked full of raw materials so the pics were the best I could get. She said I could come back and bring some friends to see the place, which is not part of their tour. The other building adjacent to this has pieces in it too but she said it was off-limits ... we'll just have to see about that theory in the coming weeks. So here you go ...

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!! Rags your post just made my week, no my year! My mind is blown right now. I can't comprehend that this is still running?? not only running but in perfect condition. For those of you who dont know, this is the holy grail of Portland Maine graff History. If you are from Maine and writing now, the chances are that you are some how in some way connected to this archive. Rags IF YOU ARE GOING BACK I WOULD BE HONORED TO GO WITH YOU. I have a small HD camera to document everything. Is the glock piece still running...? what ells is still alive in there? to think that this has been there all along. The shipyard employ have no concept of what they are sitting on.

THIS IS THE BIGEST FIND IN MAINE HISTORY!

This takes me back to the start of it all. Rags it must of been so crazy to step foot in that room and see all that? So unreal.

Rags, that must have been an incredible experience to see that still in existence. It's phenomenal that they never buffed it. Thanks so much for sharing those historic pics, and for staying so dedicated to this amazing subculture for so long !