The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Great Pictures~

Agreed. Nothing funny about that picture at all.

Whats not to see as funny? I can understand why most folks wouldnt find this funny, on the other hand, i can also see why people would find this funny.

Love for the soldiers, hate for the soldier

Gunderson_U1P6778.jpg

How would you expose like this?

I tried some shots of my friend climbing today, i either had to make do with the rock face exposed and a white sky or a nice blue sky and underexposed climber.

I know about graduated filter but i cant see how theyd make it this good, specially not into the sun!!

arri2.jpg

article-0-06E8DA74000005DC-127_964x852.jpg

this guy first won the award for wildlife photography of the year, but was later disqualified and banned from ever entering the competition again. experts studied the photograph and determined, by comparision, that the wolf seen is a domestic one that you can "rent" for photoshoots.

This is a good photography, but its by no means from a wild animal, and was taken in a studio type of environment.

How would you expose like this?

I tried some shots of my friend climbing today, i either had to make do with the rock face exposed and a white sky or a nice blue sky and underexposed climber.

I know about graduated filter but i cant see how theyd make it this good, specially not into the sun!!

It's not a filter, it's having a really good camera (cannon 1D MK III) and knowing how to use it.

Graduated filters suck and only work on very specific types of shots.

First thing, with a full frame sensor that has only 10mp your raw files have tons pixel depth to play with.

I have a full frame with 12.1 megapixels set at 16 bit, with that much pixel depth I can create a hdr from one shot using raw.

The second thing, the focal length is only 23mm on this shot, he's much closer than it looks.

He did use a flash, not sure what type by looking at the image exif data but I'm guessing a bright one mounted in the shoe.

Also, on your shots the sun isn't hitting the face of the cliff, huge difference.

There's no way to tell how much his shot was edited but it is possible to get a shot like that.

• Like 1

this guy first won the award for wildlife photography of the year, but was later disqualified and banned from ever entering the competition again. experts studied the photograph and determined, by comparision, that the wolf seen is a domestic one that you can "rent" for photoshoots.

This is a good photography, but its by no means from a wild animal, and was taken in a studio type of environment.

dog!