The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Great Pictures~

whenever i see flicks of the northern lights i ALWAYS think of this:

Superintendent Chalmers:Yes, I should be— Good lord, what is happening in there?

Seymour Skinner:Aurora Borealis?

Superintendent Chalmers:Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Seymour Skinner:Yes.

Superintendent Chalmers:May I see it?

Seymour Skinner:No

Agnes Skinner:Seymour, the house is on fire!

Seymour Skinner:No, Mother. It's just the Northern Lights.

Superintendent Chalmers:Well, Seymour, you are an odd fellow, but I must say you steam a good ham.

"...its a regional dialect"

This is a good one. The devils racetrack, in death valley. It was named that because for so long no one could figure out what was making these rocks up untill recently. They went as far as to use GPS to track the movements of some of the larger rocks.

THe explanations behind the movements of the rocks have suggested by scientists to be:

* Vibrations from earthquakes

* Swelling clay that pushes up on the rocks

* Ice sheets that slide downward, carrying objects with them

* The combination of high winds and slick clay

Every theory works but also has inconsistancies. These are the most likely answers but because its so hard to gather research in this barren land, they dont know which one it is for sure, or if its a combinatiion of all. The ice is only thin sheet ice, and some of the rocks moved are bigger than a person and weigh hundreds of pounds. The maximum recorded distance of one rock moving was 789 meters. So to this day, the dancing rocks of the death valley are puzzling scientists. ( they know its caused by simple wind and rain, but not exactly what goes on)

28595596.CRW_4644copy.jpg

886239712_784b5902fe_o.jpg

2253558176_fa543107f3.jpg

jul17_17.jpg

c741bd319d.jpg

2254154780_b12fc8d4eb.jpg?v=1202621038

aboutf1c.jpg

sliding-rock-3.jpg

deathvalleysky_nps_big.jpg

yo Baron Von Counterculture, is that the same photographer who flicked of pics of thugs & crack life in the ghettos, possibly nyc? same photographer who took another photo of a guy holding 2 handguns at him?

my middle school teacher showed me that & ive been trying to figure out the name forever, holler back if youve got a name please

Theres a photogrpahy thread in the untitled section where you can look at more overly saturated/overly contrasty pictures by high school kids with powershots.

lolol its funny becuase its true...just got photoshop like an hour ago haha.its an online version so its kinda sucky.whatever tho.