The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by McPhoo+Dec 13 2005, 09:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McPhoo - Dec 13 2005, 09:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-im not witty@Dec 14 2005, 02:08 AM

i think its called something simple like fires of kuwait. it was out in IMAX joints a while ago.

Haha, yeah

"Fires of Kuwait" IMAX

B00005MEPM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I remember this being pretty intense and awesome too, but I was also just a young pup at the time. Worth a watch anyways, if you can find it.

[/b]

thanks, I'll look for it.

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Dec 13 2005, 10:55 PM

Think a huge fucking comuter plane made that hole?  :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. :innocent: Wouldn't there be plane wreckage EVERYWHERE? Pieces of plane all over the place?? Plus, that's a pretty narrow break in the building. If a huge commuter plane crashed into there, wouldn't the wings have broken any part of the building?? It's Fishyyyyyyyy

Shut the fuck up>

That flick was shot over a week after september 11th

and wings disintegrate and/or detach upon impact, they're practically hollow..

this is a flick of what happened when a huge military plane hit an apartment complex

in Tehran a week ago.. This photo was taken within an hour of impact..

What've you got to say about that?

_41094644_longshotgetty416.jpg

Skepticism is a vital tool of the human mind and in the social processes..

but when you let it fog your logic, it is counter-productive..

The mind is trained to see what it wants..

if you're "sure" that everything in the world revolves around a magic number,

you will see that number everywhere..just because you're looking for it..

and you'll over look every other situation where it is'nt present.. because it would shake that theory you find comfort and order in..

Now weither or not that was a conspiracy.. does'nt matter in the context the photo here was presented..

let's not turn this into a Crossfire thread..

Endless cycles of sense and non-sense are not how those who come on this thread

are intending to spend thier time..

4579503.jpg

4519810.jpg

TUCUMCARI, N.M. -- This photo provided by rancher Shane Jennings shows a 5-legged, 6-hooved calf that was born last week on a ranch. The calf, a Limousin heifer owned by Orlando Romero of Sapello, N.M., was delivered naturally and is in otherwise good physical condition. (05/19/05 AP Photo/Shane Jennings)

4346837.jpg

SAN YSIDRO, Calif. -- This image, released by the U.S. Border Patrol, shows the legs of a 5-year-old girl inside a party pinata that was discovered on Nov. 2, 2004 during a vehicle search at the San Ysidro, Calif., border station crossing along the U.S.-Mexican border. (04/05/05 AP photo)

4310383.jpg

BOHOL ISLAND, Philippines -- A Philippine Tarsier watches as a photographer takes his picture inside a captive breeding center in Loboc town on Bohol Island. The endangered animal, who feeds on tiny insects is believed to be the world's smallest primate. (03/11/05 AP photo)

Originally posted by gasfacevictm@Dec 14 2005, 03:48 PM

animals don't destroy ecosystems and other species en mass. we're animals with consciences. worse than anything.

Actually, animals (nonhuman) do destroy other species and ecosystems on a regular basis We just happen to be the most efficient..

Animals with consciences being worse than anything doesn't make any sense, either.

I can't seem to find anything but the Atomic Photographers Guild, the Rephotographic Survey Group, and the New Topographers have collections of many strange things in the american southwest such as that calf pictured above. There are actually drop points for mutant livestock provided on a don't ask, don't tell basis. Piles and piles of rotting mutant cattle. Not to mention human "jellyfish babies" and other atrocities right here in the good old US of A. There are thousands of weapons test sites in the american southwest.

Originally posted by guerillaidiom@Dec 4 2005, 10:15 AM

steps_1.jpg

blows my mind. :burn:

hong kong subway has advertisements like this. by "this", i mean ads that are on the wall and the floor. some are pretty dope. i've seen a few that fucked with your perspective a little, but never anything like this.

i wonder if this was maybe legal. im not sure.