What Book Are You Reading? Pt. 19

Weapon X

They shoulda stuck with the porsche in the movie ^.

I've got Daredevil Visionaries coming up as well as Batman: Th eKIlling Joke and Arkham Asylum. I plan to grab some recent DD hardcovers.

There's a new Spider-Man series coming out called Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man or something. Peter David will be writing it, which I like.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night in ROM

the dire wraiths maid a last ditch effort to acquire earth by doing a worldmerge w/ their home world... so they had to all get together in order to do it.. while they were doing it.. ROM swooped and started all BUCKABUCKABUCKA before they could finish. but they had done enough, and the worlds are currently merging.. nobody knows what to do... they just know that there's about to be a grip of wraiths around soon and they need gats to take em out.. but starshine is dead and ROM has the only wraith gat around, which is too superior, technologically, for us to duplicate (it exists in subspace). however.. we did learn for it, and FORGE was able to make a weak prototype for the government.. but the feds jacked it and shot STORM, which stripped her of her powers.. so now FORGE is all salty balls towards the government because he thinks they'll just use it for genocide. so ROM went to go holler and the wraiths were like "fuck that... if ROM gets w/ FORGE, they might take us out" so they started all these spells to distract em... but all the chaos of the spells led FORGE to see how desperate the situation is and conceded to helping out the government

Guest westy

Weapon X: I too am reading '18 best stories by Edgar Allan Poe' and I'm also finishing up '1984' and then will begin reading some Steinbeck.

... i just read 'the corrections' by jonathon franzen...damn good...read the whole thing in two days...currently i'm working on an anthology of art criticism by michael fried (circa 60's-70's) as well as selected texts of criticism by richard cork (circa 90's)...i'ma fuckin geek...

...the great gatsby is an amazingly good novel...i would recomend salingers 'nine stories' as a similar period work...

Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Apr 30 2005, 05:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Apr 30 2005, 05:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-porque@Apr 30 2005, 02:10 AM

...i would recomend salingers 'nine stories' as a similar period work...

nine stories was strange as shit

i was confused, but i enjoyed it

[/b]

...'for esme, with love and squalor' is one of my favorite short stories...

Originally posted by carlojensen+Apr 30 2005, 05:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carlojensen - Apr 30 2005, 05:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-POIESIS@Apr 7 2005, 01:35 AM

i read a couple of sonik articles the other day. now i'm kicking myself for

missing his article in swindle.

his article on sao paulo on his website is nuts,

Reading The Great Gatsby for English. Started it last night, don't know what to think yet.

[/b]

the great gastby is good, its a classic. usually, especially in highschool, the title precedes the actual content of the book, but i think the great gatsby was one of the books i had to read for class that was actually pretty damn good. as for most of the other books i was forced to read, i think id rather jerk off with a cheese grader...sooooo boring..

there was a book i read a while ago called 'topping from below'...it was "interesting". if i remember, the ending could have been better.

fatbastard read 'a million little pieces' by james frey at my suggestion. i would suggest it to anyone else looking for a good read(and maybe a little more).

• 2 years later...

Greed - the story of Mr Asia

Terry Clark (1944-1983), known as "Mr Asia", was the ruthless head of a New Zealand drug syndicate which imported heroin into New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom in the 1970s, and was responsible for a string of deaths.

He was imprisoned for the murder of his associate Marty Johnstone, whose battered and handless body was found in "Eccleston Delph", a flooded quarry in the north of England. He died in prison in 1983, officially of natural causes, but speculation arose that he was secretly murdered.