What Book Are You Reading? Pt. 19

Weapon X

im reading harry potter four, the goblet of fire.

ive read everything on my shelf that i want to read like 6 times or more. i cant afford any more books right now. i keep meaning to stop at the used book store but i always find something else i need to take care of first.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by The Leader+Apr 6 2005, 12:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Leader - Apr 6 2005, 12:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-8onus@Apr 5 2005, 10:24 PM

0099453983.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

been sitting on my shelf for a while right next to invisible monsters, i have and have read and love everything else he has done.

i like this cover a lot more than my cover.

[/b]

i know right? me too, i got the other one, i just took the first pic i found...i think this is the soft cover new release or something.

Originally posted by rental@Apr 6 2005, 12:42 AM

im reading harry potter four, the goblet of fire.

ive read everything on my shelf that i want to read like 6 times or more. i cant afford any more books right now. i keep meaning to stop at the used book store but i always find something else i need to take care of first.

am i the only one that uses the laibrary any more?

off_ca1.jpg

For the last couple of months I've been picking up alot of Stephen King work. Last one i read was a collection of some of his short stories, Everything's Eventual. Definately a good choice for those who are typically short on time, but wouldn't mind reading a quick good story every now and then.

Originally posted by GREENOJOS@Apr 6 2005, 04:29 AM

really interesting one, i havent started it yet, but the idea behind it hooked me in, its called:

The five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom

Haha, that's the book the fat girl with the STDs asked if I read right after she told me she had warts in her vagina.

Originally posted by fermentor666+Apr 6 2005, 03:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Apr 6 2005, 03:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GREENOJOS@Apr 6 2005, 04:29 AM

really interesting one, i havent started it yet, but the idea behind it hooked me in, its called:

The five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom

Haha, that's the book the fat girl with the STDs asked if I read right after she told me she had warts in her vagina.

[/b]

:haha:

ps The Leader: i like to keep my books too, unfortanatly it doesn't work out..ie. the american photography book i posted about above...over 100 bucks...like i got a 100 to spend on a book...but yes i like to keep the good ones as well,

i've been trying to read mcluhan's "understanding media" and eris schlosser's

"fast food nation", but both have been relegated to the fringes of my free time,

of which i have a minimal amount.

i read a couple of sonik articles the other day. now i'm kicking myself for

missing his article in swindle.

Originally posted by dowmagik@Apr 6 2005, 10:26 AM

the art of deception - kevin mitnick

gotta check that out...i wanted to attend one of his seminars...just for fun, but unless your company is paying for it (right...i work construction :yuck: ) then forget it...private tickets are near and in the thousands of dollars

Originally posted by dudebra1@Apr 5 2005, 03:03 PM

just finished The Cruise of the Dazzler by Jack London, it was pretty entertaining. I'm starting Before Adam by Jack London now, and I'm about half way through The Bible as History by Werner Keller. yeah, I like Jack London...

One of London's better books is "Martin Eden"-turn of the century San Francisco tale about a young blue collar guy who falls in love with a middle class beauty and has large doubts as to his self-worth which eventualy leads to...ahh but you'll just have to read it.

Another good book about turn of the century San Francisco is "McTeague" by Frank Norris.

Reading right now:

"Jennie Gerhardt"-Theodore Dreiser

"Belly of Paris"-Emile Zola

Last night in ROM, Space Knight:

ROM was able to be seperated from his cyborg armor and given his humanity. He decided to turn his back on his past as a space knight and leave it to others.. and seek his lost love. However, the place he was given his humanity was a nuclear test site, and he started to decay.... turns out that his lost love took the place of his Space Knight counterpart, Starshine, and some other robot took over his ROM armor. Starshine was under the spell of a sorcerer, and was forced to kill ROM, but ended up actually killing the other guy. As ROM was dying, he was transported back into his cyborg armor.. turns out he was actually just a clone of himself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Apr 6 2005, 01:32 AM

I just recently tried to read "Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon, but I couldnt finish that shit because it was so boring.

im reading this right now and i think it's the jumpoff. thomas pynchon is the man.

Originally posted by fr8lover@Apr 20 2005, 02:40 PM

im reading this right now and i think it's the jumpoff. thomas pynchon is the man.

really???

see, a lot of my friends recommended it to me, they said it was awesome.

but when I read it it just seemed pretentious and confusing. I mean, i read about 3/4's of it I think, but I probably could not tell you what was going on.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Apr 20 2005, 08:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Apr 20 2005, 08:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fr8lover@Apr 20 2005, 02:40 PM

really???

see, a lot of my friends recommended it to me, they said it was awesome.

but when I read it it just seemed pretentious and confusing. I mean, i read about 3/4's of it I think, but I probably could not tell you what was going on.

[/b]

yeah. it is really hard to follow at times. most of pynchon's books have giant companions or analysis books written by other people to go with them.

i really just appreciate his writing more than even the story. dude has a way with words. really, the only thing that keeps me reading is some of the phrases and descriptions he might use next.

"She could carry the sadness of the moment with her that way forever, see the world refracted through those tears, those specific tears, as if indices as yet unfound varied in important ways from cry to cry."

i'm an english major, so i'm into this crap...otherwise, yeah, i completely agree that it's difficult at times to get through.