Required Reading

SCOTCH WHISKEO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by professor poopatronic

does anyone know if it's gonna be at major bookstores that i can rack it from?

dude you shouldn't be racking books like this. the more that are bought means the more that are ordered for the store, which in turn brings more money to those who made the book.

steal this book

Originally posted by dwayne wayne

dude you shouldn't be racking books like this. the more that are bought means the more that are ordered for the store, which in turn brings more money to those who made the book.

Well, actually you're wrong. The publisher doesn't front the bookstore the copies, the bookstore buys it from them. Just like stealing spraypaint, if what you said was true then all the spray paint companies would be out of business, but they still make money, it's just the store that is fucked. When people say you shouldn't steal something as opposed to something else they are being pricks, that would be like only tagging certain buildings because you do not like them. Like if only tagged on shoe stores because I got beat up in front of one, one time. But I tag everything indiscriminately, as it should be with everything......

hamaramadingalingadong....

Re: steal this book

Originally posted by Ham One

Well, actually you're wrong. The publisher doesn't front the bookstore the copies, the bookstore buys it from them. Just like stealing spraypaint, if what you said was true then all the spray paint companies would be out of business, but they still make money, it's just the store that is fucked. When people say you shouldn't steal something as opposed to something else they are being pricks, that would be like only tagging certain buildings because you do not like them. Like if only tagged on shoe stores because I got beat up in front of one, one time. But I tag everything indiscriminately, as it should be with everything......

precisely. the store gets fucked and goes "why would I buy more of this book? so people can keep stealing it?" and stops stocking it. the supplier has more copies sitting around and the people behind the book get less $$$$$. that was his point.

I gotta get a money order ready and pre-order cause its gonna be goood.....

Guest wakassOATH

yup your right, the publisher doesnt lose shit its the store,

but what really pisses me off is when good books that doent sell well in stores, you know what happends to them..

the store cuts the cover off the books and ships them to the publisher to prove that the book wasnt sold or stolen and they get there cash back and all those books go into the dumpster instead of a libary just cause the cost of shipping a book back to a publisher and they having to ship it to another store somewhere else is too much ..they do it cause it all about supply and demand

same way if you go to a 7 11 early morning, you will see the clerk cutting off the logos on the front page of day old new papers

all that shit goes into the dumpster, or if he likes you he will give you one

Re: Re: steal this book

Originally posted by ese

precisely. the store gets fucked and goes "why would I buy more of this book? so people can keep stealing it?" and stops stocking it. the supplier has more copies sitting around and the people behind the book get less $$$$$. that was his point.

I gotta get a money order ready and pre-order cause its gonna be goood.....

Not exactly, it might be kept behind the counter or something but they will still carry it. What about spraypaint, how much of it is actually sold not stolen? They stll carry paint. Book store's everywhere carried steal this book, despite the fact that it was always stolen.

hamadelic

STYLE MASTER GENERAL! DONDI WHITE!

YO THE BOOK COMING OUT A ABOUT TWO WEEKS, ORDER YOUR COPYS NOW CAUSE IS LESS MONEY NOW! AND ABOUT ZEPHYR WELL BY THE LOOKS OF IT, HE SHITTING ON DONDI GRAVE FOR NOW! I HOPE HE CHANGE HIS MIND, CAUSE IF HE DON'T IT WOULD ONLY MEAN THAT HE DIDN'T DO IT FROM HIS HEART, AND ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY, I WILL EXPLAIN THE STORY SOON, MAY GOD ALWAYS BLESS US ALL, PEACE DUROCIAMEN TOP! FOR NOW HE NOT DOWN WITH CIA,TOP,RTW,ROCSTARS! ASK YOURSELF WHY ZEPHYR!

Well, actually you're wrong...

let's start with... Dude, don't encourage people to steal. Poor form. That's just SO WEAK, grow the fuck up, earn your keep... next, don't tag indiscriminately... DESCRIMINATE! do you write on churches?

Originally posted by Eastcoast Killa

hey, jus wonderin, why is there a Zephyr tag on the back of The Art of Getting Over (Espo's book)? did he contribute to the art of gettin over? jus curious, i was confused with all this talk of zephyr's book or whatever it is...

well bro i don't know why zephyr tag is on the back of that book, but i do know that he want to be in everything, and by the way he can't be trusted, more to come in the coming weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

well....I went out to get a copy of the new issue of graphotism today, and I ended up spending $90 on graff books. I got a copy of Getting Up (finally!) at the shop where I got graphotism, then while looking in a local bookstore what do I see in the "art" section.....Dondi White: Style Master General. When I bought it the clerk went "that was fast....I just put that out!" I mentioned that I thought it wasnt being released till the 13th and she said they didnt get any notes with the shipment so they put it out. Either way I'm happy...it takes alot to make me want to drop $53 on a graff book...but its delivered so far! fucking amazing! flix...sketches...stories...beautifully put together! you owe it to yourself to do whatever necessary to get yourself a copy!

Originally posted by ese

well....I went out to get a copy of the new issue of graphotism today, and I ended up spending $90 on graff books. I got a copy of Getting Up (finally!) at the shop where I got graphotism, then while looking in a local bookstore what do I see in the "art" section.....Dondi White: Style Master General. When I bought it the clerk went "that was fast....I just put that out!" I mentioned that I thought it wasnt being released till the 13th and she said they didnt get any notes with the shipment so they put it out. Either way I'm happy...it takes alot to make me want to drop $53 on a graff book...but its delivered so far! fucking amazing! flix...sketches...stories...beautifully put together! you owe it to yourself to do whatever necessary to get yourself a copy!

yo you spend your money wisely, and which copy of getting you did you get the very first issue with me on the cover or the other prints, i'm very sure that don have a smile on his face, cause of people like you who respect his work, there more to come in the future peace and god bless to all! CIAMEN TOPRINTERS!

Originally posted by thouking

yo you spend your money wisely, and which copy of getting you did you get the very first issue with me on the cover or the other prints, i'm very sure that don have a smile on his face, cause of people like you who respect his work, there more to come in the future peace and god bless to all! CIAMEN TOPRINTERS!

'GETTING UP" I MENT MY BAD!

Guest professor poopatronic

ummm ok about the stealing thing... i stole just about every kurt vonnegut book from a large chain bookstore, did they stop carrying them? hell no, they actually have more now. i feel no remorse whatsoever stealing from huge corporations, in fact i feel that i'm doing the world a small favor. and i'm supporting the author as much as i would if i bought it ( don't know why so many people can never grasp this concept), so i dont see what people are getting upset about. i would never even consider stealing from a small business. but really, the bottom line is i like free shit

Originally posted by professor poopatronic

ummm ok about the stealing thing... i stole just about every kurt vonnegut book from a large chain bookstore, did they stop carrying them? hell no, they actually have more now. i feel no remorse whatsoever stealing from huge corporations, in fact i feel that i'm doing the world a small favor. and i'm supporting the author as much as i would if i bought it ( don't know why so many people can never grasp this concept), so i dont see what people are getting upset about. i would never even consider stealing from a small business. but really, the bottom line is i like free shit

thats a poor analogy. Its like saying I steal Stephen Spielberg movies all the time and they keep restocking them, so it wont matter if I steal one of the two copies of the cope2 video they just started carrying. You cant apply that across the board. I could give a fuck whether you steal from big companies or not...I've stolen plenty of shit in my life, just dont think it wont have some impact on what they carry in the future. If they make money on it, and people buy it for the most part, it will keep showing up...if most copies get stolen and they dont have a big demand for it...its gone. simple as that. Its all money to them.

and the copy of getting up I got just has the blue and red tags in the background with text over it. only type I've ever seen pictures of. I honestly thought it was out of print...when I saw it behind the counter I didnt hesitate to grab it.

Archived