Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CamAlmighty

So yea, the pope's dead and that.

"i truly beleive that the only reason i am alive today is because of him mainly because nothing else can explain it."

do you honestly not realize how obsurd that sounds? if you cannot explain something, why on earth would you assign a MYSTERY to help you comprehend the unexplainable. youre like a fucking hamster running around in a wheel, getting NOWHERE.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man.... 8onus has been holding it down. as for religion we all have our beliefs. we choose our faith and nobody should ever judge that. i was raised a catholic and even though i dont go to church and everything i still consider myself religious in my own way. i couldn't believe some of the shit you guys were saying about the pope. its down right disrespectful to some people here.... if you admit it or not. some of you could be too cool for school and keep ragging on him for the hell of it but its fucking rude to a few people.

how would some of you feel if a few people started ragging on something that was close to you. you would probably throw a fucking fit and how do you think we feel. like i said before i'm not very religious but i am in my own way and i was raised catholic so its what i believe in. you can agree or disagree with me but either way most of you in this thread can kiss my white hairy ass.

SO LIKE, I HEARD IF THE NEW POPE IS AFRICAN OR MIDDLE EASTERN.. THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN LIKE 2012. LIKE THAT'S WHAT NOSTRADAMUS WAS TALKIN BOUT.

yo for real like im ready.

Originally posted by dowmagik@Apr 5 2005, 10:05 AM

"i truly beleive that the only reason i am alive today is because of him mainly because nothing else can explain it."

do you honestly not realize how obsurd that sounds? if you cannot explain something, why on earth would you assign a MYSTERY to help you comprehend the unexplainable. youre like a fucking hamster running around in a wheel, getting NOWHERE.

let me say it like this,

it does sound obsurd, i know that, i dont give fuck. i dont have time to give a fuck. it works out. the thruth is i beleive god stayed with me when everyone else gave the fuck up. he's been there for me no matter how much dope weas in my vains, or how much of my blood was on the floor, he picked me up, and said "no, not yet, you still got shit to do"

still sound obsurd? good. cause its my experience not yours and thats why the fuck it is so amazing, cause its mine. you wanna judge? go right ahead, your words are sand grains on the beach of "i dont give a shit". and now that i think of it, you could all be right, i could be completly ignorant, but i am ALIVE MOTHER FUCKERS, SO YOU REALLY THINK I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT EITHER?

Originally posted by sneak@Apr 4 2005, 09:00 PM

and a next question for catholics:

how can you seriously believe, that in todays modern society, that being gay or a single mother is wrong? the same with abortion and divorce, both social taboo subjects it seems with catholics. in our modern world, how can you seriously believe that the above stuff is wrong??

one simple answer is all i want.

I'm catholic and I don't think being gay is wrong. I believe the concept of a single mother is wrong because she aught to have some one to help her out, but A single mother isn't wrong.

Abortion I believe is killing, but I also understand why some people get them. I see the freedom of choice as the "choice of being pregnant". Women can choose to not be pregnant by being responsible and not sleeping around and if they sleep around to have be protected. In a rape, she didn't have that choice, so thus she can get an abortion. I don't feel the "abort because if this baby is born it will be sad because its going to be poor" applies very well. I live in Nicaragua, and I don't think that if I went up to some poor guy and asked him "would you rather be dead" he would say yes.

And as for divorce, it sucks, but neccesary sometimes if like lets say the husband beats the shit out of his wife. A kid should have the right to grow up in a stable family, which is why people should to make sure they pick the right person instead of go through it thinking "well if anything I can always divorce".

The Pope's views don't always reflect a Catholic's views, they are different people with different experiences. He is a human who can be wrong. We all are.

We all are shaped by our experiences, and just because he thought somethings which I don't agree with don't make me hate him because he also did alot to help people who were plagued with war and such.

I could always be wrong, but then again, so could anybody, so thus we must be respectful to others even if we disagree with them, regardless of which side we choose.

Guest imported_Tesseract

pope.jpg

FUCK Y'ALL BITCHES, THE POPE WILL NEVER DIE

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by bodice_ripper+Apr 5 2005, 04:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodice_ripper - Apr 5 2005, 04:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Armenhammer@Apr 5 2005, 09:01 PM

The Pope's views don't always reflect a Catholic's views, they are different people with different experiences. He is a human who can be wrong. We all are.

http://www.unm.edu/~humanism/not-infallible.htm

[/b]

Regardless of all the fancy rules outlined in that article, it all boils down to one sentence expressed early in that very same article:

"Roman Catholic theology asserts that the entire church is infallible (and therefore cannot err in matters of faith) when, from bishops to laity, it shows universal agreement in matters of faith and morals."

The reality is that no matter what the rules say, most Catholics don't regard the pope as infallible. It is not considered a universal truth of Catholicism, therefore Armehammer is pretty much right.

arcadio1.gif

bennett.jpg

nerilicon.jpg

^ I think one will best reflect his legacy.

Originally posted by sneak@Apr 5 2005, 04:20 PM

^cheers for answering in a decent way.

yeah yeah i know, i've been meaning to tone down my language.

well noted

The esoteric complexities of Catholic dogma elude me some times, but the late Pope was a good man in my book. He was a great communicator who brought the church back to the people. You also new exactly where you stood with him with regard to his conservative stance within the church itself.

I hope his successor is as proactive and not another theological politician.

word up. R.I.P

Yeah... like someone else said; very few of you are even talking about the pope, and I doubt we're about to unravel the rights and wrongs of organized religion on a graffiti message board.

From all indications, John Paul II did all he could to be a decent person while on this planet while maintaining a position as a figurehead to an establishment he came into as a result of his surroundings. What the fuck else do you want from a guy? Big up.

8onus and Bodice need one another.

Sucks that he died and whatnot as it does with everyone, however...what, honestly, did he do? He lived through a mollestation scandal? Trying to think of what else but I can't.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by 8onus+Apr 5 2005, 10:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (8onus - Apr 5 2005, 10:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Apr 5 2005, 04:20 PM

well noted

[/b]

ha!

you didnt even answer the question fassio!

Originally posted by sneak+Apr 6 2005, 12:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sneak - Apr 6 2005, 12:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 5 2005, 10:30 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Apr 5 2005, 04:20 PM

well noted

ha!

you didnt even answer the question fassio!

[/b]

oh i know,

i had a suspicion that was a reference to my sailor mouth(no homo)

Originally posted by geist@Apr 6 2005, 11:39 AM

Sucks that he died and whatnot as it does with everyone, however...what, honestly, did he do? He lived through a mollestation scandal? Trying to think of what else but I can't.

umm.....

Berlin_Wall.jpg

i haven't read anything that happened in this thread but I am going to add my funny story about the death of the pope.

my best friend and I were sitting around his apartment when we heard about the death of the pope and neither of us took it seriously. WE were honestly waiting for one of the cardinals to come running out of the vatican screaming april fools at the top of his lungs.

Cruel joke but it would have had me doubled over in laughter if it really happened.