So yea, the pope's dead and that.

CamAlmighty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fethasmcgraw@Apr 2 2005, 08:42 PM

i heard that when the pope dies they hit him in the head three times really hard with a silver hammer and shout his name three times to make sure hes dead.......weird stuff

As i was reading this some guy on the news was talking about the same thing, kinda odd timing. Anyways yeah i found this info:

When the pope dies, the prefect of the papal household (Bishop James Harvey) informs the camerlengo (chamberlain) who must verify his death in the presence of the papal master of ceremonies, the cleric prelates of the Apostolic Camera and the secretary of the Apostolic Camera, who draws up a death certificate. As late as 1903, at the death of Leo XIII, this verification was ritually done by tapping the forehead of the pope with a silver hammer. It may also have been done with John XXIII. One colleague remembers a picture in Life magazine (which I have not had time to look for) in 1958 showing Cardinal Tisserant, then Dean of the College of Cardinals, striking the dead Pope on the forehead and asking, three times, "Eugenio, are you dead?" after each stroke, before saying: "I declare that His Holiness Pope Pius XII is truly dead". The camerlengo (Cardinal Eduardo Martinez Somalo) tells the vicar of Rome (Cardinal Camillo Ruini) of the pope’s death and the vicar then informs the people of Rome. Meanwhile the prefect of the papal household tells the dean (Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger) of the college of cardinals, who informs the rest of the college, the ambassadors accredited to the Holy See and the heads of nations. Although this is the formal procedure, in fact most people will first hear of the death of the pope from the media.

The camerlengo locks and seals the private apartment of the pope. In the past looting of papal apartments by his staff, the cardinals or the Roman populace was a common custom. Modern popes have been more concerned that their private papers not fall into the wrong hands. If the pope writes a will, the executor he appoints will take care of his private property and his private papers. This executor is answerable only to the next pope. The pope’s Fisherman’s ring and his seal are broken to symbolize the end of his reign and to prevent forgeries. No autopsy is performed--which can lead to wild media speculation if the pope dies suddenly, as occurred with John Paul I.

Hmmm i found that weird stealing from the pope... thats a new fucking low.

"yeah yeah get niggas shit, oh what size are his jordans? 11? ok ok. gimme dem shits, get his watch! does he got fronts? i said do he got fronts? (his cell phone goes off) Oh snap this nigga a baller? he a baller? man gimme that shit you aint gonna need that where you goin! take his shit.

yeeeeeeeah boooy we living large now"

I'll just repost what I said in the other thread:

They kept that sorry little sack of shit alive for years at a cost of millions no doubt while millions starved, died of AIDS/malaria/typhoid etc.

He lived in the ultimate luxury all that time. that's against JESUS' teachings, so fuck that little hypocritical dick jockey. Jesus never said shit about gay people, about abortion, about contraception etc, but he DID say

"Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (matthew 19:16 23,24).

Holy man my arse. I don't have to wish him dead - he IS dead, I just wish he had suffered more.

I hope there is no rest of any sort for him. I hope jesus kicks the fuck out of him.

Originally posted by SPORTO+Apr 2 2005, 11:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SPORTO - Apr 2 2005, 11:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You were, Quote " bewildered for some reason "

mmm, and whats with your 12oz 'user name'

[/b]

Ok maybe 'bewildered' was the wrong word, perhaps I should of gone with 'PrincessDi-style-interest'.

As for my 12oz name, you're reading into it a bit;

1)I am Cam.

2)I had just watched Bruce Almighty when joining 12.

<!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Apr 2 2005, 11:21 PM

i loved how you broke up our bbq to tell everyone then jumped in the river tonight.

That's a true journalist for you, innit. The people have a right to know.

And I have a chance to cleanse myself of sin by river baptisation(?).

Guest sneak
Originally posted by CamAlmighty@Apr 3 2005, 11:01 AM

That's a true journalist for you, innit. The people have a right to know.

And I have a chance to cleanse myself of sin by river baptisation(?).

if by cleanse you mean cover yourself in filthy, needle ridden water then yes!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Well, fuck the pope. In case you guys dont sniff it, the Vatican has always been a center of power and since goverments change but religions last for centuries, be asured the pope has thrown hi-fives with practically every bad-yet powerfull leader in this world, including adolph the homie. In any case, even though i'm an atheist i totally respect belief and what each person considers as his 'god' its the middlemen that make the damage...thats it

great, I wake up to see a bunch of ignorant cunts babbling about shit that they have no idea about. let me first say that I am noooo jesus freak, i believe in god but i am a horrible catholic who smokes, fucks, and never goes to church, i have broken every commandment but 1 and cussed out a priest when i was younger.

roler2: yes, he is just a man, but we idolized great men who do great things, some may try to view him as a god, they are wrong. you seem young so i ain't gonna lay into you too hard. i think the whole big thing about his death right now is that he did a lot for the world, religion aside. don't go generalizing every mother fucker who is of a certain faith.

Seldoon: i don't know where you are from, but in my neighborhood, people do depend on the church, because before welfare and united way ever came along guess who fed the poor and gave them a dry bed? yes, the church, not just the catholic church. and guess what the church gets in return? nothing. the churches of a variety of different faiths have been the center of public relief and service for ages.

GnomeToys:

you are a stupid ignorant clit.

the catholic church is outdated? that’s what so many of you fail to realize, the catholic church has been around since before the collapse of the roman fucking empire, it's seen civilizations come and go like hair styles, so yeah they are gonna be a bit conservative, but racist? you cum bucket, where do you think the bulk of missionary work is right now? Asia and Africa, if you really think the catholic church is racist go look at the cardinals who are up to be elected, thats right there might just be a brotha pope.

and the catholic church did not support the holocaust you fuck weed. pias signed an agreement not to condemn it, i agree that was wrong, and pias was not the best pope, but they never supported it and during the holocaust the church saved 1000's of jewish children, so shut the fuck up with that shit. one of the things john paul did was squash the ancient doctrine saying the jews killed jesus.

bodice_ripper: you my friend are just as dumb as they come arn't you, what anarchic, liberal douche bag web board did you steal that from? i almost hit the floor laughing when i read that bullshit. because you sound very liberal, yet you are quoting the king james version of the bible which is even more conservative than the catholic bible. also, that passage was more about greed than wealth, read the part before that about the servant who was owed a hundred pence. scripture can be interpreted anyway you want it to sound.

the catholic church i grew up in was a black one, that openly accepted gays, more and more many catholic churches are doing this, this issue was brought to john paul's attention many times but he condemned no church for doing it so just shut up with that shit. abortion is bigger than just a religious issue. and you are simply a piece of twat mold to talk as if he lived in luxury and never helped people...AIDS/malaria/typhoid...you are retarded, go do some research on relief efforts and get back to me. stop vomiting up shit that some other bone smuggler made up.

and i'm not even going to comment about you're disrespect for a dead man, that shit speaks for it self.

Tesseract: john paul never threw high fives with hitler, that was another pope, a not so great pope. please remember that more than half the religions in the world and through time have had their forms of corruption. also, the vatican is a center of power, which is understandable, because Italy has seen corrupt governments come and go, rulers and dictators, but guess who has stayed and dosn't budge? yes the vatican, it is understandable why they receive (not take) so much power, cause to many they are more reliable than the government.

a bunch of you are just assholes, stupid fucking shits who have no respect or say bullshit like that to look cool. religion aside, cause while you can label mother fuckers and make ignorant blind assumptions, that shit dosn't matter, cause we all end up in the fucking ground. So to the many of you I don't have time to name, please go chock on the cock that made you.

Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 3 2005, 04:53 PM

i believe in god but i am a horrible catholic who smokes, fucks, and never goes to church

yes. you see, *I* get to say whatever the fuck I want about that little shit stain on the face of humanity, because *I* don't pretend for one second I am a member of that church.

all you lapsed motherfuckers are disrespecting REAL fucking Catholics who bother to TRY to follow the church's teachings. Its not a buffet, gobshite.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper+Apr 3 2005, 01:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodice_ripper - Apr 3 2005, 01:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-8onus@Apr 3 2005, 04:53 PM

i believe in god but i am a horrible catholic who smokes, fucks, and never goes to church

yes. you see, *I* get to say whatever the fuck I want about that little shit stain on the face of humanity, because *I* don't pretend for one second I am a member of that church.

all you lapsed motherfuckers are disrespecting REAL fucking Catholics who bother to TRY to follow the church's teachings. Its not a buffet, gobshite.

[/b]

no you cock swallow, not so, i have paid my dues to the church, i go when i need to, don't you fucking tell me shit. disrespecting real catholics? shut the fuck up, you have no idea, i pray multiple times a day, don't hate on catholics or any other religion, nobody on this board came in here and told YOU that cock worship was wrong now did they. you are obviously so fucking self centered, i doubt you would have the abillity to beleive in a power greater than yourself. you have no right to judge what god is to others, god is the only thing keeping me from tracking you down beating your little piss ass for disrespecting so many people. you have no idea what service and sacrifice is, and don't come back on here and lie that you do, i can tell from what you have said already, shut your snot nosed face, your are more closed minded, stuck up and arrogant than anyone deserves to be. slip in shit and die you streak mark.

Well in my case:

I dont care about either. At all. My family is all really strong Roman Catholic Italians. Me? I dont believe in a god damn thing. Thats just me though. Do you. But I do feel that as a person, John Paul II was an incredible person. His death is a big loss for the world as a whole disregarding any kind of religious standing.

The Terry Shaivo ordeal intrests me about as much as getting a prostate check up. In the scope of the whole world, her "case" doesnt mean one iota of a fuck.

Lastly, bodice does not swallow cock, atleast not real ones. DUH.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper@Apr 3 2005, 04:41 AM

I'll just repost what I said in the other thread:

They kept that sorry little sack of shit alive for years at a cost of millions no doubt while millions starved, died of AIDS/malaria/typhoid etc.

He lived in the ultimate luxury all that time. that's against JESUS' teachings, so fuck that little hypocritical dick jockey. Jesus never said shit about gay people, about abortion, about contraception etc, but he DID say

"Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (matthew 19:16 23,24).

Holy man my arse. I don't have to wish him dead - he IS dead, I just wish he had suffered more.

I hope there is no rest of any sort for him. I hope jesus kicks the fuck out of him.

Helped End War in Chile.

1st Pope ever to visit a mosque and synagogue.

Worked endlessly to unite all faiths.

The List goes on and on.

Regardless of whether or not you are religious - I for one am not.

This man's life accomplishments shatter anything we aspire to make of ours.

Rest in peace, you will be missed.

Until you become the model catholic I suggest you be quiet. You act like you're above everyone else who doesn't believe in God, but you cannot even follow the most simple rules of Catholism. You are the biggest hyprocite on this board.

Oh, people like you are also the reason I think religion is bullshit.

Originally posted by azert@Apr 3 2005, 06:23 PM

Until you become the model catholic I suggest you be quiet. You act like you're above everyone else who doesn't believe in God, but you cannot even follow the most simple rules of Catholism. You are the biggest hyprocite on this board.

i do not follow the rules to the bone, but i do live by the morals behind them, which go beyond religion. it is not my intent for it to seem that i am acting as if those who are athiests are inferior, my best freind happens to be one, in my opinion if you live a good life it dosn't matter what you believe in. dont go saying "people like you are also the reason I think religion is bullshit." because you dont know who the fuck i am enough to make that statment, but i happen to agree with you to a certain extent, while i consider my self a catholic, probally in some blind atempt to belong to something, i don't give a fuck, i see religion as well meaning institutions that help people and give a base for communities but religion can also suck when it's one against the other and history has shown us this. if religion disapeared tomarrow i would still believe and feel loved by god, my god that is. so no i am not putting down people who don't believe in god and/or religion at all, but i am ripping mad new assholes into bitches like bodice who talk shit about those who do and disgrace the name of good men who are no longer with us.

Originally posted by azert@Apr 3 2005, 06:23 PM

Even if he was a hypocrite, there is even honor among thieves.

You don't need to be a perfect catholic to respect one of the greatest people of our time.

Now I say again:

Please be quiet.

R.I.P. Papa Ionnes Pavls II 1920-2005

Originally posted by Issac Brock@Apr 4 2005, 10:24 AM

For those of you saying that religion is bullshit:

S.h.u.t..t.h.e..f.u.c.k..u.p.

Religion keeps people alive.

Umm are you going to explain how? I'm alive but I have no religion. The pope was religious but he's dead.