So yea, the pope's dead and that.

CamAlmighty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sneak
Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 4 2005, 10:09 PM

i truly beleive that the only reason i am alive today is because of him mainly because nothing else can explain it.

maybe you were lucky enough to be one of the "Strange shit and coincidences happen." seldoon was talking about.

Guest sneak

and a next question for catholics:

how can you seriously believe, that in todays modern society, that being gay or a single mother is wrong? the same with abortion and divorce, both social taboo subjects it seems with catholics. in our modern world, how can you seriously believe that the above stuff is wrong??

one simple answer is all i want.

Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 4 2005, 06:09 PM

your entire second paragraph is bullshit, church ORGANIZATIONS get some federal funding because they help all people not just those of a certain faith ie christian childeren fund etc etc etc.

as far as beleiving in god thats all you and i ain't gonna knock you for it. but....oh god it feel it coming on again, stop it nick stop it...NO.

listen. you have no place to say that those who do believe in god are ignorant. i truly beleive that the only reason i am alive today is because of him mainly because nothing else can explain it. doctors could not figure out how i survived some of the shit i did to myself, technolgy did not peel me off a bathroom floor or off a gutter...so what else explains it? furthermore, people do not give credit to god for everything the accomplish, from what i see people thank him for the life they have and the privlige to have what the have. this is a little something called humility, religion aside you do not have it, you place your self above people as you just did in what you said. so shut the fuck up. you are nobody just like the rest of us. do you really think you can do every thing your self? then you must be an extreamly lonley person, and not because you dont beleive in god. and i am sure you do have a great self -supporting philosiphy that keeps you from need others help and in turn keeps your existance nice and selfish because hey, if you don't have to rely on shit then you dont need to give anything back do you. dont come at me with that selfish mind-ritious bullshit, self prophecy is a fucking joke, even if you are an atheist to think that you alone can accomplish what ever you want is ignorant, go out and see some shit. seriously, maybe in your world you dont need anyone, but, in my world we only get by because we have each other, get the fuck off my sack with that conceited garbage, i am living proof that everything you just said is cock sloppy bullshit, and you will never convince me of it you will never get far with it. i aint telling you to find god...go find another person, get off your computer and go see the good that is done when people rely on each other, the world is not as lonley and backstabbing as your warped synical mind would like it to be

1 mother fuckers....1

i got this mother fucker right here cause the streets raised me, get off my kool aid and learn something. OUT

You're letting your emotions answer for you. You certainly are a Christian fundamentalist at heart, aren't you? I never said anyone that believed in god was ignorant. But they are grossly misguided. Your defense reeks of hatred and hints that me, and people that think like me, are a threat.

Consider this, a typical response to atheism. If one has arrived at belief in God through some authentic personal experience, one would imagine that an appropriate response to those not similarly advantaged would be compassion. Instead, more often than not (ahem), the response is hatred. Why? The answer can only be that the atheist is experienced by the believer as a threat. Yet if the believer truly feels not only that God exists but that God is on his or her side, then it is the atheist, not the believer, who should receive kindness and sympathy, having lacked the good fortune to be touched by the experience of Divinity.

Of course, the real issue, which extends far beyond the scope of this little conversation, is deeper than theism versus atheism.

My focus is on the effects for self-esteem of cultures (or subcultures) in which religious authoritarianism dominates, in which belief is commanded and dissent is regarded as sin. In such situations, living consciously, self-responsibly, and self-assertively is proscribed. Imagine the thousands of children taught, "Don't think, don't question, believe" or "We are all equally unworthy in the sight of God" or maybe "Submission to what you cannot understand is the beginning of morality" then consider what will be the likely consequences for the practice of living consciously, or the practice of self-assertiveness, or any of the other pillars of healthy self-esteem.

As for the rest of that garbage you wrote, in between all that filler (curse words), I am a firm believer of helping one another. Communities are tied together by strong moral bonds and healthy virtues. But these morals and virtues shouldn't and needn't be mystically based.

As for no scientist could explain your injury or whatever it was....seriously....are you joking? Do you think scientists know every thing? They learn, just like the rest of us, through experience and critical application of their intellect and gained knowledge.

/let's get it.

Lonely? Ha, imagine that. For all my studying and focus on self-development, I'm still a nigga from the projects. Not some ghetto apartments with mixed races. The projects with cutthroats, purse snatchers, and d boys. I hang with rich white men one minute and big money niggas the next. You might catch me in a stolen lexus with a jitt wanted for murder. I see the worst in people, because i've seen the worst (and put in plenty work myself). But I also see the good in people, and they seen it in me first hand. I donated my projects (Hilltop, 45th) 8 thousand dollars a year ago to put in a pool, because they never had one of they own. I love my projects and they love me. And that's real. I walk round there with all my jewelry on, niggas wonder how I do it. Cause I'm real as it gets. And real niggas do real things. I'm such a fuckin G, everyday all day. No flaughin and shoo shooin goin on here, a nigga ain't been lame since birth.

The streets raised you? They hired me a long time ago, boy. Get your game up, whoadie.

Originally posted by sneak@Apr 4 2005, 08:00 PM

how can you seriously believe, that in todays modern society, that being gay or a single mother is wrong? the same with abortion and divorce, both social taboo subjects it seems with catholics. in our modern world, how can you seriously believe that the above stuff is wrong??

Yeah, I wish my parents divorced after I was born. Hell, I wish they had aborted me. That would have been A-OK!

So what's the deal? Hating on the Pope for believing in and defending good things. Just because something runs rampant in society doesn't mean it is right.

finally, a mother fuck who talks likes he knows someone, its about time.

lets get to work

1.)saying believers of a god are "grossly misguided" is still saying you arn't, therefore you put yourself above them, therefor you beleive you are supirior, thus making you a doushebag.

oh shit, i just noticed this donkey shit haha

"The streets raised you? They hired me a long time ago, boy. Get your game up, whoadie."

HAHA, i'm supposed to be scared or something? my friend, you talk hard. your chains arn't shit, you got mother fuckers a pool, now you're god congratufuckinlations. you talking to me about the streets is empty words. know this, the real "g"s are dead, in jail, they don't fucking make it, it's true. you are not a G you are on a message board talking shit with a nobody, so get the fuck over yourself. if you think that bullshit intimidates me get the fuck out of here, i was marked for death the moment i came out the womb yet here i stand, and that aint hard, thats real, i ain't "hard" but know i am made of bricks, and the bastard who takes me down always remembers it cause every time he sees the scars on his hands he know who he had to face to earn them. that shit. if you truly are from the hood then you would know that, you would know street mother fuckers are NOT impressed easily by bullshit tales of pop offs, stick ups and throwdowns. i would let you beat my ass just to show you how much a TRUE gutter fuck can take, haha any more i don't even drop my cigarette call me. and go ahead and rep your block, don't we all, but remember, as hard as you or i think we had it, there is always someone who has seen twice the blood.

2"If one has arrived at belief in God through some authentic personal experience, one would imagine that an appropriate response to those not similarly advantaged would be compassion. Instead, more often than not (ahem), the response is hatred."

dog you read like a fucking text book, hatred cause you don't believe in god? no, and its not hate, it takes a lot more than a twat with a bad attitude to make me hate. you however think you're some type of superior being, above us ignorant pesants, do really think you are more enlightened than the next man? the fuck out.

3."The answer can only be that the atheist is experienced by the believer as a threat."

you, a threat?

don't flatter yourself, once again, you are not above a soul.

and i don't beleive the majority of religious people see athiests as a threat, most people don't give a shit about athiests, religious people are(in my experience) more threatened by other creeds.

4. then it is the atheist, not the believer, who should receive kindness and sympathy, having lacked the good fortune to be touched by the experience of Divinity."

boo fucking hoo, life aint fair get a helmet, every one gets what they get. if we all got we deserved i'd be dead, and from your street bred rant above, you probally would be too. in reality, everyone of every spiritual preference(yes, this menas you too) should recieve compassion and sympathy, but i give no compassion to the arrogant. next.

5."I am a firm believer of helping one another. Communities are tied together by strong moral bonds and healthy virtues. But these morals and virtues shouldn't and needn't be mystically based. "

you are absolutly right, i agree completly, they don't need to be, yet they are, you must understand that churches have been the center of community support ever since the late roman period, also churches provide a way of living, that many desire to be a part of. on this point we are agreed.

6."then consider what will be the likely consequences for the practice of living consciously, or the practice of self-assertiveness, or any of the other pillars of healthy self-esteem."

i beleive you can believe in god, even be religious, and still have a healthy self esteme, i do, i love who the fuck iam, not in a cocky way, i am simply happy with what i was given to work with, and i make the most of whatever else is put in front of me. many are raised with those other strict guildelines you observed above, i was, yet i still had to go to hell and back, fuck ups come from every sect and denomination, and so to good people. forced beliefs such as: "i have tattoos i go to hell", i have several, "if i lust over a woman i don't intend on marrying i go to hell", fucked. i beleive god doesn't care about our little mistakes, that he just wants us to live good lives and for some to raise a couple kids to do the same, plain and simple, i go by the moral. i've never hung on the words of a preist or preacher, sermons are merly suggestions.

7"As for no scientist could explain your injury or whatever it was....seriously....are you joking? Do you think scientists know every thing? They learn, just like the rest of us, through experience and critical application of their intellect and gained knowledge. "

my experience is my experience, when a room full of doctors with a shit load of years experience tell you there is no medical or scientific explanation for what happpened to you, that shit does not leave you. i hated god at one point in my life, until then, this is not some injury we are talking here, it was big, it left me with nothing to beleive, and the only way i could explain it was god, and you are right. scientists don't know everything. i have seen a man survive a point blank gun shot to the back of his head, i beleive that we all have a time to go and it was not his. and athats my belief, that everything happens for a reason. it's my belief and i am not misguided or ignorant for it, i am not more enligthened than the next man, and while we both sit here and debate the topic, neither of us can prove shit.

this was fun

out 1

"i truly beleive that the only reason i am alive today is because of him mainly because nothing else can explain it."

do you honestly not realize how obsurd that sounds? if you cannot explain something, why on earth would you assign a MYSTERY to help you comprehend the unexplainable. youre like a fucking hamster running around in a wheel, getting NOWHERE.

man.... 8onus has been holding it down. as for religion we all have our beliefs. we choose our faith and nobody should ever judge that. i was raised a catholic and even though i dont go to church and everything i still consider myself religious in my own way. i couldn't believe some of the shit you guys were saying about the pope. its down right disrespectful to some people here.... if you admit it or not. some of you could be too cool for school and keep ragging on him for the hell of it but its fucking rude to a few people.

how would some of you feel if a few people started ragging on something that was close to you. you would probably throw a fucking fit and how do you think we feel. like i said before i'm not very religious but i am in my own way and i was raised catholic so its what i believe in. you can agree or disagree with me but either way most of you in this thread can kiss my white hairy ass.

Originally posted by dowmagik@Apr 5 2005, 10:05 AM

"i truly beleive that the only reason i am alive today is because of him mainly because nothing else can explain it."

do you honestly not realize how obsurd that sounds? if you cannot explain something, why on earth would you assign a MYSTERY to help you comprehend the unexplainable. youre like a fucking hamster running around in a wheel, getting NOWHERE.

let me say it like this,

it does sound obsurd, i know that, i dont give fuck. i dont have time to give a fuck. it works out. the thruth is i beleive god stayed with me when everyone else gave the fuck up. he's been there for me no matter how much dope weas in my vains, or how much of my blood was on the floor, he picked me up, and said "no, not yet, you still got shit to do"

still sound obsurd? good. cause its my experience not yours and thats why the fuck it is so amazing, cause its mine. you wanna judge? go right ahead, your words are sand grains on the beach of "i dont give a shit". and now that i think of it, you could all be right, i could be completly ignorant, but i am ALIVE MOTHER FUCKERS, SO YOU REALLY THINK I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT EITHER?

Originally posted by sneak@Apr 4 2005, 09:00 PM

I'm catholic and I don't think being gay is wrong. I believe the concept of a single mother is wrong because she aught to have some one to help her out, but A single mother isn't wrong.

Abortion I believe is killing, but I also understand why some people get them. I see the freedom of choice as the "choice of being pregnant". Women can choose to not be pregnant by being responsible and not sleeping around and if they sleep around to have be protected. In a rape, she didn't have that choice, so thus she can get an abortion. I don't feel the "abort because if this baby is born it will be sad because its going to be poor" applies very well. I live in Nicaragua, and I don't think that if I went up to some poor guy and asked him "would you rather be dead" he would say yes.

And as for divorce, it sucks, but neccesary sometimes if like lets say the husband beats the shit out of his wife. A kid should have the right to grow up in a stable family, which is why people should to make sure they pick the right person instead of go through it thinking "well if anything I can always divorce".

The Pope's views don't always reflect a Catholic's views, they are different people with different experiences. He is a human who can be wrong. We all are.

We all are shaped by our experiences, and just because he thought somethings which I don't agree with don't make me hate him because he also did alot to help people who were plagued with war and such.

I could always be wrong, but then again, so could anybody, so thus we must be respectful to others even if we disagree with them, regardless of which side we choose.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by bodice_ripper+Apr 5 2005, 04:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodice_ripper - Apr 5 2005, 04:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Armenhammer@Apr 5 2005, 09:01 PM

The Pope's views don't always reflect a Catholic's views, they are different people with different experiences. He is a human who can be wrong. We all are.

http://www.unm.edu/~humanism/not-infallible.htm

[/b]

Regardless of all the fancy rules outlined in that article, it all boils down to one sentence expressed early in that very same article:

"Roman Catholic theology asserts that the entire church is infallible (and therefore cannot err in matters of faith) when, from bishops to laity, it shows universal agreement in matters of faith and morals."

The reality is that no matter what the rules say, most Catholics don't regard the pope as infallible. It is not considered a universal truth of Catholicism, therefore Armehammer is pretty much right.

The esoteric complexities of Catholic dogma elude me some times, but the late Pope was a good man in my book. He was a great communicator who brought the church back to the people. You also new exactly where you stood with him with regard to his conservative stance within the church itself.

I hope his successor is as proactive and not another theological politician.

word up. R.I.P

Yeah... like someone else said; very few of you are even talking about the pope, and I doubt we're about to unravel the rights and wrongs of organized religion on a graffiti message board.

From all indications, John Paul II did all he could to be a decent person while on this planet while maintaining a position as a figurehead to an establishment he came into as a result of his surroundings. What the fuck else do you want from a guy? Big up.

8onus and Bodice need one another.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by 8onus+Apr 5 2005, 10:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (8onus - Apr 5 2005, 10:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Apr 5 2005, 04:20 PM

^cheers for answering in a decent way.

yeah yeah i know, i've been meaning to tone down my language.

well noted

[/b]

ha!

you didnt even answer the question fassio!

Originally posted by sneak+Apr 6 2005, 12:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sneak - Apr 6 2005, 12:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 5 2005, 10:30 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Apr 5 2005, 04:20 PM

^cheers for answering in a decent way.

yeah yeah i know, i've been meaning to tone down my language.

well noted

ha!

you didnt even answer the question fassio!

[/b]

oh i know,

i had a suspicion that was a reference to my sailor mouth(no homo)

Originally posted by geist@Apr 6 2005, 11:39 AM

Sucks that he died and whatnot as it does with everyone, however...what, honestly, did he do? He lived through a mollestation scandal? Trying to think of what else but I can't.

umm.....

Berlin_Wall.jpg

i haven't read anything that happened in this thread but I am going to add my funny story about the death of the pope.

my best friend and I were sitting around his apartment when we heard about the death of the pope and neither of us took it seriously. WE were honestly waiting for one of the cardinals to come running out of the vatican screaming april fools at the top of his lungs.

Cruel joke but it would have had me doubled over in laughter if it really happened.