Cigarettes.

Neskoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Hermdog@Mar 28 2005, 09:46 AM

Top 5 Most Addictive Drugs

1. Heroin

2. Nicotine

3. Alcohol

4. Cocaine

5. Marijuana

whaaa? where the fuck is that list from? nicotine beat coke?

i think there is a big difference between "adictive" and chemicaly dependent.

i can also name countless remidies which go above weed.

Originally posted by FunktionOne@Mar 28 2005, 01:22 AM

I typically smoke when I drink, or whenever I can... I know it's nasty, but for fuck's sake!

Same goes for me, but i hate it because i usually wake up with burn marks all over my hands because my friends and i will play the game where you can see how long you can hold a lit cigarette on your hand or arm before you take it off. so yeah...

my girlfriend just recently started smoking again after huge fight just to make me mad cuz she knows how much i hate that. even though i tell her that i have lost alot of family members to that shit she just says im tryin to make her feel bad and its not gonna work! i dunno i hate smoking though

Originally posted by SleepAnDream+Mar 28 2005, 04:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SleepAnDream - Mar 28 2005, 04:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GrimeyLife1@Mar 28 2005, 03:28 AM

i hate cigarettes,yet i smoke a pack a day

i feel you on that one dude. im moving in a couple months. ciggs are almost $6 up there as opposed to the $2.75 they are here...ima be hurting...

[/b]

now where the hell in the world is a pack of cigs $2.75?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.75? where you at? its like 5.25 by me...

but anyway i started smokin like 2 years ago, i think it will be a long time before i start tryin to quit, i can stop, sometimes ill stop for a week just to save the 25 bucks...but as of right now im gonna light up another and finish my coffee.

Which drugs are the most addictive?

This is a difficult question to answer because it depends upon a lot of factors in both the drug and the person who uses it. In an attempt to define clearly what is meant by addiction, and which drugs are the most addictive, Dr. Jack E. Henningfield of the National Institute on Drug Abuse and Dr. Neal L. Benowitz of the University of California at San Francisco ranked six psychoactive substances on five criteria.

Withdrawal -- The severity of withdrawal symptoms produced by stopping the use of the drug.

Reinforcement -- The drug's tendency to induce users to take it again and again.

Tolerance -- The user's need to have ever-increasing doses to get the same effect.

Dependence -- The difficulty in quitting, or staying off the drug, the number of users who eventually become dependent

Intoxication -- The degree of intoxication produced by the drug in typical use.

The tables listed below show the rankings given for each of the drugs. Overall, their evaluations for the drugs are very consistent. It is notable that marijuana ranks below caffeine in most addictive criteria, while alcohol and tobacco are near the top of the scale in many areas.

The rating scale is from 1 to 6. 1 denotes the drug with the strongest addictive tendencies, while 6 denotes the drug with the least addictive tendencies.

HENNINGFIELD RATINGS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Substance Withdrawal Reinforcement Tolerance Dependence Intoxication

Nicotine 3 4 2 1 5

Heroin 2 2 1 2 2

Cocaine 4 1 4 3 3

Alcohol 1 3 3 4 1

Caffeine 5 6 5 5 6

Marijuana 6 5 6 6 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BENOWITZ RATINGS

Substance Withdrawal Reinforcement Tolerance Dependence Intoxication

Nicotine 3* 4 4 1 6

Heroin 2 2 2 2 2

Cocaine 3* 1 1 3 3

Alcohol 1 3 4 4 1

Caffeine 4 5 3 5 5

Marijuana 5 6 5 6 4

source http://www.druglibrary.org

well ciggarettes are so expensive because you morons buy them individually dont you(individual packs)? buying a carton saves a shitload of money. also, if you know anyone in the military, they sell cartons on the bases for $20. the indian reservations down here usually sell them pretty cheap too, i remember a friend of mine picked up a case of smokin joe's brand for 75 dollars, thats 2000 ciggarettes i think. and roll it your self ones are even cheaper than all that, buy a tin of tobacco for 8 bucks, and a book of papers for 3 bucks, and you've got at least 200-250 ciggs. smokers are retarded

edit* fuck spelling

I smoked casually for like a year. i would smoke a pack in a week or a week and a half. Then i quit for like 6 months. i just started up casually again. I'll smoke a few when i'm drinking or if i'm out benching or something, but other than that i don't too often. Its nice to know that i can easily stop, but i also enjoy them quite a bit at times. I'll probably start smoking more when i move, but the problem is they're like $3 a pack here and like $7 a pack in New York. No good i say. I'm gonna have to make my friends in Minnesota send me cartons.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m@Mar 28 2005, 07:29 PM

well ciggarettes are so expensive because you morons buy them individually dont you(individual packs)? buying a carton saves a shitload of money. also, if you know anyone in the military, they sell cartons on the bases for $20. the indian reservations down here usually sell them pretty cheap too, i remember a friend of mine picked up a case of smokin joe's brand for 75 dollars, thats 2000 ciggarettes i think. and roll it your self ones are even cheaper than all that, buy a tin of tobacco for 8 bucks, and a book of papers for 3 bucks, and you've got at least 200-250 ciggs. smokers are retarded

edit* fuck spelling

dammit fantom, did u just call me a moron?

Originally posted by porque@Mar 28 2005, 08:26 AM

...i only smoke when i'm drinking, depressed, stressed, painting or after sex...which pretty much means all day...but i can quit anytime I want...

I'm exactly the same, except replace after sex with after watching a movie with heavy smoking.

i usually roll my own.. my favorite is robert mcconnell's special london. it's damn excellent. you open up that tin and it smells so sweet and fresh.. mmm... it's the best for spliffs too.

usually if you go to a tobacco shop, they'll have an assortment of rolling tobaccos to choose from. you can also combine different tobaccos to make your own blends. it goes for around $2.50 an ounce where i'm at. no additives, it tastes/smells better than the pack cigarettes, smokes a hell of a lot smoother, and depending on how you roll and how much you put in em, they'll burn for up to 10 minutes. plus you definitely get more than 20 cigarettes from a pouch of tobacco.

enjoying your smoke, saving money, rockin it outlaw style with no filters.. can't beat that.

I smoked for 2 years. I really liked smoking while driving, that was the best and pretty much anywhere else. I could tell i was getting addicted though, noticing the cravings more and more.

Then one day i got my side tattooed, from the arm pit down to my waist, it hurt so fucking much like damn. I thought of the pain of having cancer in relation and i really dont want that on account of smoking. . . so i go back to my friends place we pack a bowlus, and have some coffee. So by this time im pretty high, drinking strong coffee, and then had a cigarette.

We throw on the movie Coffee and Cigarettes and after watching the first sketch with Bill Muray, the Rza and Gza I made the decision never to touch cigarettes again.

That pain mixed with being high mixed with the movie made me quit cold turkey....it's been 2.5 months and im still gold.

golden guyler oner

Originally posted by cornelius@Mar 28 2005, 10:56 PM

i usually roll my own.. my favorite is robert mcconnell's special london. it's damn excellent. you open up that tin and it smells so sweet and fresh.. mmm... it's the best for spliffs too.

usually if you go to a tobacco shop, they'll have an assortment of rolling tobaccos to choose from. you can also combine different tobaccos to make your own blends. it goes for around $2.50 an ounce where i'm at. no additives, it tastes/smells better than the pack cigarettes, smokes a hell of a lot smoother, and depending on how you roll and how much you put in em, they'll burn for up to 10 minutes. plus you definitely get more than 20 cigarettes from a pouch of tobacco.

enjoying your smoke, saving money, rockin it outlaw style with no filters.. can't beat that.

i feel ya, ive been rolling my own too. usually tops flavored or bugler. im a decent roller, get the job done everytime as long as the flimsy papers don't tear, but some of my friends roll unfiltered cones that beat ANY marlboro or camel, hands down. i wish i had that kind of skill, it'd be nice to roll perfecto class A cigarettes every time. but yeah, unfiltered definitely tastes better.

i didnt know they were additive free tho; i know american spirits are, but i just can't stand the way they taste, shit. winstons are additive free too and they sure taste a lot better than spirits, but neither compares to a camel turkish royal/gold... mmm.

When I smoke cigarettes, a pack usually lasts for about 4-5 days. A pack a day is intense. I smoked Lucky Strike filters/non-filters. American Spirit was also good.

edit: I stopped smoking or should I say cut back dramatically on smoking cigarettes.