Ecko Clothes..

fermentor666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y48dV_Echo.wb..jpg

1t23d_Echo-2...jpg

ok so these two are from jersey in the area that mark originated from, now i didn't see him do these, but rumor has it these are his "burners"

398re_Echo-FootPrint...jpg

to my understanding this is definitely mark and is from the same area, it is a ECHO foot print stencil, hard to see, but you can sort of make it out...

enjoy.

Originally posted by paint junky@Mar 29 2005, 05:45 PM

Y48dV_Echo.wb..jpg

1t23d_Echo-2...jpg

ok so these two are from jersey in the area that mark originated from, now i didn't see him do these, but rumor has it these are his "burners"

398re_Echo-FootPrint...jpg

to my understanding this is definitely mark and is from the same area, it is a ECHO foot print stencil, hard to see, but you can sort of make it out...

enjoy.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HA.

Hahaha man, if that shit was really done by Mark Ecko....JESUS CHRIST THAT DUDE IS TOY!!

I mean maybe that's a case of "first and second piece ever" syndrome, I've definitly done a couple of pieces along the lines of wack when I was starting, but if that's ALL THAT HE CAN LAY CLAIM TO IN HIS ELITE ILLUSTRIOUS GRAFF CAREER, then YOU FUCKING SUCK MARK ECKO!~!~!

Guest BlUR!!

To be honest, I'm pretty surprised there even were any walls he'd painted in existence then or now. But yeah, someone needs to clue in the company that it's not that he outgrew graffiti, but that he sucked too bad to fill the shoes of a writer. How far out of the way are those spots that they managed to survive this long, even in some bullshit town in the middle of New Jersey?

Originally posted by Marc Ecko@ 2005

New Jersey-born Marc Ecko began his artistic journey as a graffiti artist in the New York area while in college. Feeling somewhat limited by the format, he soon began applying his art to hand-made t-shirts. A full-fledged member of the emerging hip-hop scene

http://www.marceckoenterprises.com/bios/bios1.shtml

i'd rather not give specific locations... but this one wall managed to remain in the early 90's and not really get hit by anyone since... i agree it is weird. if anyone from that area wanted to figure it out it isn't rocket science but there are also some of Nace's first stuff there that i 'd like to see live... too many toys in jerz w/ no respect. and yes mark echo is toy as fuck, yet laughing all the way to the bank. you go girl.

I personaly couldn't give half a fuck about clothes, my reqirements are, they have to be baggy and have alot of pockets, for the soul fact that I shove everything in my pockets, to the point that they weight like 10 pounds cause of all the shit in my pockets, and cause I like to put paint in my pants pockets when I'm bombing, otherwise I don't care. But yeah Mark ecko is a douche. With this game, a bunch of little kids are going to go out with paint they bought with their allowance money and try doing shit without even hitting a sketchbook. From what I saw of the game trailer its real whack, like fuck, this guy just jumping onto a moving subway train at pull speed then putting one of his whack bombs on the train and then proceeding to jump off the train at full speed. As for this roomate buying his clothes to show some fake bomber respect, why do you need to buy this guys clothes to have respect for him?

Originally posted by WeksVMF@Apr 3 2005, 12:59 AM

As for this roomate buying his clothes to show some fake bomber respect, why do you need to buy this guys clothes to have respect for him?

Because the kid was a perpetrator in every sense of the word. He felt that if he bought Ecko's clothes, he was supporting graffiti and spreading the message, when in reality he was just another piece of shit with a logo on his chest and a lie in his heart.

Originally posted by fatalist+Mar 27 2005, 09:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatalist - Mar 27 2005, 09:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Mar 27 2005, 04:57 AM

Oh yeah, and the scumbag ravers destroyed any interest I may have had in the Ecko line by about 1997.  Face it, it's a case of so hip it hurts.  And Mark Ecko may have to learn that the hard way.

word* i have one piece of clothing from Ecko, but i never rock it, i always get the feeling of feeling fake, so that shit stays in my closet.

[/b]

you took the words outa my mouth...

i have 2 shirts from two years ago... wore them for a quick minute. everytime i put that shit on i feel fake too.. :yuck: :yuck:

He should have them "Pieces" printed in the summer edition of "Ecko"..LOL....That nigga weak..The only reason that I wear Ecko (and not too proud of it) shit is cause I found that shit at a thrift store (Yuppp) and they were like $5 buks...Not used but new, so I thought they were a great deal...I aint really going to pay $50 for a T shirt..Fuk that....If he got sum nice shit, he does not design that shit. The same as weak as Sean John..They have people designin that shit for them..You only paying for his weakass signature brand..Fuk them..

• 1 month later...

http://www.nypost.com/business/47138.htm

May 25, 2005 -- Outwardly, Marc Ecko Enterprises appears to be riding high on the cultural boom that is hip-hop. Behind the scenes, though, the company is suffering from a series of management missteps that threaten to undermine its credibility.

A deal with rap artist Eve to sell clothes under the Fetish name has quietly unraveled, as has a joint venture with Target to market a line called Physical Science.

And plans to develop the newly acquired Femme Arsenal brand have been indefinitely shelved.

The company has been shedding employees — roughly 100, or 15 percent of the total — over the past six months, sparking talk of financial difficulties.

And Tommy Hilfiger, which had been in negotiations to buy the company last spring, abruptly walked away at the 11th hour, quashing an exit strategy for the founders just as the urban apparel market appears to be cooling.

Seth Gerszberg, the president of Marc Ecko Enterprises and one of its three founders, admits that the rapid growth of recent years has led to mistakes, but said the company, with projected sales of $421 million this year, is on stronger footing today than at anytime during its history.

John Daly, president of CIT Commercial Services, which has extended a $100 million credit facility to Ecko, said the company "is a client in good standing."

But interviews with a dozen former and current employees paint a picture of a company that bought into its own hype and relied more on smoke and mirrors than on sound business judgement.

Ecko is by no means alone in its struggles. The entire urban market, including names like Sean John, Rocawear and Phat Fashions, is undergoing a shakeout as the rapid growth of the past decade came abruptly to a halt last year.

Marc Ecko, a pharmacy-school dropout from Lakewood, N.J., and occasional graffiti artist, got his start in the early 1990s airbrushing T-shirts while a student at Rutgers University. He hooked up with Gerszberg, and the two, along with Marc's twin sister Marci Tapper, began making clothes, choosing the image of a rhinoceros as their trademark.

By 1998, the company was $6 million in debt, but a bailout by Gerszberg's cousin allowed the founders to retain control.

Three years later, a debt-free Ecko began branching out. The company founded Complex magazine in 2001; opened outlet stores in a joint venture with Casual Male in 2002; and launched new lines, including G-Unit with the rapper 50 Cent in 2003.

A Marc Ecko video game from Atari due in September holds the promise of turning Ecko into the cultural czar he has always aspired to be.

So confident was Ecko of its ability to keep diversifying that it paid Eve a $1 million advance in May 2004 to re-launch her Fetish line, after a deal with a previous licensee went sour.

By August, a team of designers was in place preparing for a fall 2005 launch, but they were fired in February, after the two sides came to loggerheads over the brand's image. Ecko is trying to retrieve a portion of its advance.

Troy Carter, Eve's manager, did not return several phone calls.

Meanwhile, the industry-wide slowdown in urban apparel was starting to take its toll on Ecko Unlimited, the company's bread-and-butter line. Gerszberg said he is planning for flat sales this year, with an expectation of a return to growth in 2006.

Despite those hiccups, the company continued to spend lavishly. It paid $8 million to buy out Casual Male from the outlet partnership, signed a multi-million dollar lease for a 275,000 square foot headquarters on 23rd Street on the Ladies' Mile and another one for a flagship retail store in Time Square.

All of that real estate helped to frighten away suitor Tommy Hilfiger, which broke off talks to acquire Ecko a year ago.

"Tommy didn't want or believe in the 23rd Street and 42nd Street spaces," Gerszberg admitted, though he contends the deal fell apart over price.

A Tommy Hilfiger spokeswoman didn't return a phone call seeking comment.

Gerszberg admits that it looks odd to be spending so much money at a time when rivals are scaling back or selling out to large conglomerates as Phat Fashions did with Kellwood.

"Either we're crazy," he said, with a shrug, "or we're geniuses."

wow you are willing to pay a lot to be comfortable.

that surprises me, considering that dude is just trying to cash in on a scene he's not even a part of, and people in the know, are aware of that.

wearing his clothes kind of pegs you as a sucker, imo

I wear his shit too, i could care less if he claims to be a graff artist or not. If i like some of the shit he puts out im going to rock it.

Im not going to wear other shit just because people tell me im a sucker or a fake for wearing it, its kind of a catch-22 situation people tell me im fake for wearing it and if i wore something else that i wouldnt really want to be wearing just not to be called a fake, i would be a fake nonetheless.

The price really isnt so bad when you know somebody who works in the retail business and can hook it up. So thats a good thing.