Cable Television

Neskoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i had cable during the summer a couple years ago, often there was nothing worth watching, however here is some stuff i enjoy:

-old movies (a couple months ago i had the oppurtunity to watch cable tv while killing time in a hotel room, i watched several episodes of the x-files, then an awesome movie called They Live

-the x-files

-simpsons

-robot fighting shows

Holy shit, these photo series makros is posting has me dying.

I don't get cable here, and once I move I think I would rather have internets than cable, and the place I might be getting is a wireless hot spot which equals free internet.

The only reason I would want cable is, Daily Show, Chappelle Show, reruns of Ren and Stimpy (if they still show that even), and that's about it I think...maybe some movie channels would be good too.

But really, as long as I can watch Blind Date, I'm set. Don't sleep on that show, best reality show ever, end of argument.

here's some kilo history for you....

When I was young... I had my TV limited to a facist level.

I got 1/2 hour per day, that had to be approved in advance.

There was no 'surfing' on the TV. See my folks never watched it

so it wasn't ever on, unless there was somthing worth watching.

There's an 'educational?' channel here that's like PBS only better.

They used to have a 'Saturday Night At The Movies' program that

plays all these old time greats. They'd play 2 classics a night with

interviews inbetween. It's really some of the finest quality TV I've ever seen.

AND.... I can get it still on the Rabbit Ears.

TVO - for those who know.

discovery channels, animal planets and educational channel are really good.. teaches ya somethin that school dont even do..

but i do watch oprah, mtv, sports, the OC :innocent: etc.. to juz chill out.. i rather stay out paintin.. but everyone need to kick back and relax sometimes. go to the movies... or yea rent some sick past years dvds.

i have to agree with horton, the commercials for the episode about the fat chick with the heart problem look ridiculously cornballish.

and the only guy i know who watches House is also the only guy I know who religiously watches the O.C.

connection? perhaps? maybe? ehh? whatever

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Mar 28 2005, 06:16 AM

i have to agree with horton, the commercials for the episode about the fat chick with the heart problem look ridiculously cornballish.

and the only guy i know who watches House is also the only guy I know who religiously watches the O.C.

connection? perhaps? maybe? ehh? whatever

Alright, I totally agree with this. The commercials for House make it look really stupid, and I was making fun of them for a while before I watched it. Then I d/l'd an episode off tvtorrents.com and got hooked. It's a really, really funny show, the guy who plays Dr. House is brilliant. I mean when it comes down to it, it's got a lot of the hookiness that comes with television these days, and it's got a bit of the CSI syndrome where it deals more with being fast-paced instead of developing characters and the illnesses on the show are also pretty ridiculous/far-fetched.

I mean, the TV dramas I normally like is shows like Homicide: Life on the Streets, Oz, Sopranos, old X-Files. But this is just good fun, there's always a few really laugh-out-loud parts in each episode, too. And again, the guy who plays Dr. House, Hugh Laurie, is fucking excellent. He used to be on that British comedy Black Adder, with Rowen Atkinson before he was Mr. Bean. And compared to the other total fucking crap on network television these days, this show is golden.

And I've never watched, nor had the urge to watch, the O.C. Well, that's not true, I watched about 10 minutes of an episode once and thought it was stupid.