bay area peeps, san francisco...

LikeClockWork

i didnt know where to post some shit like this so i just put it here.. im a miami boy riding to san francisco and ill be out there for a while. im just wondering if anyone can let a brotha know whats up with the hip hop scene over there? where are the dope clubs? anything going on this month? where can i score some dop kicks? hella dope gear etc etc.. dont be a tool, if ur from there hook me up with that info. stay classy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

beatplanet.com used to have some info.... i don't think its current anymore but some links on there might help you.

upperplayground.com

futureprimitive.com

at either one of those stores you can get a little map with all the hella tight stores in that area (mission)

maybe flavorpill.com has some event info.

i'm no tool, just one classy foo'!!!

for shopping and stuff...

you want market st, union sqaure, if you want mainstream shit,...

hayes valley, upper and lower haight for boutiques and cool people shit.

most stores have flyers for clubs so if you want to go to a club pick up a flyer or two.

the mission is cool.

its a small city with lots of busses that run almost 24 hours a day. go to a bar, have a drink, introduce yourself, people are friendly.

dont buy drugs on the street and watch out for the overabundance of human and dog shit on the sidewalks and your good to go.

good bars in downtown, upper lower haight, divisadero by the haight, mission.....

lots of good graffiti almost everywhere and more entertaining crackheads than you can shake a stick at.

market street is the spot for shitty fake ids, booze, crackheads, general thugaliciousness, my boy jackson, spinners, whores, pearl art supply, ghetto boutiques, Fitted hats and jerseys, not-so-fitted hats and jerseys, the smell of urine...

ahhh, breath deep, take it all in. enjoy your stay.

Originally posted by LikeClockWork@Mar 24 2005, 11:46 AM

i didnt know where to post some shit like this so i just put it here.. im a miami boy riding to san francisco and ill be out there for a while. im just wondering if anyone can let a brotha know whats up with the hip hop scene over there? where are the dope clubs? anything going on this month? where can i score some dop kicks? hella dope gear etc etc.. dont be a tool, if ur from there hook me up with that info. stay classy

oh. well im not really into hip hop so i cant help you out with the clubs and such. but if you really want me to, i can ask the homies for you and do some research. that is if you are really interested. easiest way to find out whats going on is to simply pick up a bay guardian or an sf weekly. they always have something in there for the hip hop heads.

yes this month there will be a showing of piece by piece at the red vic on haight street. april 16th is the showing. check out the trailer at piecebypiecemovie.com. is basically the history of sf graf. pretty good i think you should check it out.

while you are in the haight, they have true which is a hip hop store and shoe store. they also have future primitive which is a hip hop store. the haight is the best place to check out kicks. or also check out huf. they have bangin kicks as well. upper playground is a store with many local art and graf books. you might want to check out that area too because i heard fafi painted a doorway.

and uhm, thats all the hip hop knowledge that i know. i might know more but i cant remember them right now. feel free to PM with more questions if you have any.

mac36bx.jpg