caligraphy caps

croe

i don't know if anyone else has tried this but i decided i wanted a caligraphy cap for tags. its really easy to make too.

i used a german outline but i'm sure you can use any caps to do it.

using an exacto knife or something quite sharp, cut a slit in the cap where the hole is so that instead of a hole, you have a line. its not perfect but you do get some pretty nice tags out of it with some lines being thick and some really skiny, giving it the caligraphy effect.

has anyone else tried this or something similar?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There's various ones available already. Not saying a home-made one is bad, but I got a couple at a shop in Canada a year or so ago, and they sprayed wide and pretty clean. Interesting caps. Here's a pic of what they look like...

1254.jpg

You can also find calligraphy caps of various spray widths on lots of other products. Some spray varnishes and automotive paints come with them. I recall Rusto used to make 15oz cans called Big Shots that also came stock with calligraphy/fan spray nozzles. Really good paint, to boot. I always used it with rusto fats, though.

The danvern fan spray caps (the annoying blue ones with the touch button action that won't allow the can to take any other kind of cap) are probably the best if you're looking to do fan tip tags. Light pressure and pretty wide spray. A lot of the paints that come with those kind of caps are very good, too.

My nigga told me to cutthe bottom part of the cap so mre paint could cum out its best with a rusto ( dont cut it all the but jus to make another slit )..............

its not what u sayin but jus another way to paint faster.

Originally posted by iloveyoursister@Mar 27 2005, 12:52 AM

Haha, "caligraphy" caps are on pretty much all the cheap cans here.

I usually just take off the caligraphy nozzle and put in a stock nozzle.. if it's on one of those cans with the blue odd looking caps. Otherwise caligraphy caps usually go in the garbage, I have about 10 that I have never used, I suppose that's all I need.

• 5 years later...