Neal Stephenson

Poop Man Bob

Although I've only read Snow Crash and The Diamond Age , both fucking blew me away. The detail that Stephenson enters into is amazing ... I wholeheartedly recommend either of these books to anyone looking for a good read. They are neither short nor an easy read, but the time you invest in reading is well worth how you feel when you finish.

Personally, I enjoyed The Diamond Age more than Snow Crash . It seemed as though his writing had matured a great deal, resulting in a thoroughly engrossing plot. One of the quotes on the back of the book says it best - "People who plow through these mind-bogglers will walk around slack-jawed for days and reemerge with a radically redefined sense of reality."

Go read!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

read all his books..

lovin them

heard of underworld?

its under his alias... you can find it on amazon.

or zodiac? enviromentalist future thriller.

pretty good.

but not as good as snowcrash and diamond age.

amazing books.

what else... oh

william gibson.

bruce sterling.

word to yo moms.

cyberpunk fucker.. bobhopeski.

• 2 weeks later...

i tried to get a friend to read it... they still have my copy of it.. along with a copy of neuromancer...

youre speaking to the long converted.

also if youre interested in.. gibson, sterling or stephensons ideas on design, economics, computers and society... there are papers you can find on the net... and published.. which.. can be pretty interesting.

wired released an article recently on gibsonsn views of japan and his reflections from his past writting to his current writting on the future of tech.. and such.

anyways just thought id continue... poop man bob .. get in touch if youre interested... ill link you to more stuff in the same vein.

err yeah.... ok so.

Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER

anyways just thought id continue... poop man bob .. get in touch if youre interested... ill link you to more stuff in the same vein.

Please link me ... I'm really interested. Christmas time is coming up, so I'll be able to get in a lot of non-school related reading.

Archived