another peta video

Guest willy.wonka

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ya know, i have many problems with stuff like this, so dont get me wrong when i say that peta is a fuckin joke. being a vegetarian for 7 years, i have always, and will always be anti-peta, and videos like this is why. What is going on in the video is totally wrong, very wrong, but the fact that peta only shows you half the story and expects peole to believe them in every aspect, they are a joke. Corrupt. And pointless.

PETA wants you to believe their intentions are the same as the original hunters and fishermen who started the wildlife and animal conservation movement, but their actions prove their intentions are far different. PETA is and always has been quick to protest anything that will get them in the media, but never provide a realistic solution to the issue.

Complete liberation of animals. - PETA claims complete liberation is the main goal, but they fail to address the ramifications of this radical idea.

They want animals to have more rights than human beings.

They are against eating meat.

They are against people having pets.

They are against hunting and fishing.

They are against the use of seeing-eye dogs.

They are against the use of dolphins by the US military to find ocean mines.

They are against the use of police dogs.

They are against the use of animals for research that saves human lives.

They are against putting animals in a zoo.

They are against using animals for any form of entertainment.

They are hypocrites.

Exploiting human suffering to further their own agenda.

They claim the 6 Million Jews slaughtered during the Holocaust does not compare to Billions of chickens that will be killed for human consumption.

When celebrity meat eaters become terminally ill, they launch campaigns to blame the disease on eating meat even when no medical research supports their claim.

When tragic events occur in the news, they launch campaigns that call the event insignificant to the killing of animals for food. A prime example would be the killing spree in Vancouver in which 15 women were killed. PETA tried to purchase full-page ads in the local papers, saying it doesn't compare to the killing of animals for food. The papers would not allow the advertisement. Originally, the authorities believed the women were killed by Robert Pickton, a pig farmer who may have given meat products to friends that contained human remains. PETA launched an outdoor ad, which featured a picture of a young woman along side of a pig, with the caption "Neither of us is meat."

PETA put up billboards of New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani with a milk mustache over the caption, "Got prostate cancer?" when he announced that he had prostate cancer and ended his campaign for the U.S. Senate.

Put animals before humans.

After September 11th, PETA issued a press release accusing Mayor Giuliani of "poor record when it comes to animals" claiming that he should be setting up a task force to retrieve nearby cats and dogs that have been "high traumatized and left orphaned" Keep in mind that all human resources were focused on rescuing humans from the debris, what rescue personnel who weren't killed in the collapse of the towers, were working days with little or no sleep; rescue personnel from around the country flew to NYC to help.

Claim that if research on just one animal could save 50 Million human lives, they would be against it.

-"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it."

- PETA President Ingrid Newkirk, September 1989, Vogue Magazine

Spends more on promoting themselves than on animals.

In a 1992 report by the NCIB, National Charities Investigation Bureau, PETA spent 42% of its organizational expenses on fundraising. Only 20% on actual research and investigation in to animal cruelty.

More current reports examining PETA's tax filings have shown as little as 1% of PETA's total revenue actually goes directly to helping animals; usually small donations to animal clinics or similar organizations. PETA's 2001 tax filings show some interesting donations:

Compassion Unlimited Plus Action - Bangalore - Donation - $11.11

PETA Research & Education Foundations - Donations $29.16

In Defense of Animals - Donation $71.11

Virginia Police Defense Fund, Norfolk Police Union - Donation - $150

Society for Abolition of Animal Exploitation - Donation - $150

Kalamazoo Animal Liberation League - Donation - $150

Vieques Humane Society - Donation - $25

SNAP - Donation - $50,000

PETA's donations totaled only $206,655.58, but they had a total revenue of almost $14 Million.

PETA spent the following on

PETA TV - Expense - $13,268.84

Electronic equipment, computers, cameras - Expense- $33,869.24

Automobiles - Expense - $148,362.02

SNAP Vehicle - Expense - $150,000.00

Buildings and improvements - Expense - $295,101.60 (After a $195,000 donation of property)

Land - Expense - 94,170.00

It makes one ask the questions, what is PETA really about? Why do they choose to spend more money on promoting themselves than actually helping animals?

Supporting Terrorism.

PETA has contributed thousands of dollars to known activist extremists. Most of these extremist were involved in either ALF or ELF, two organizations under FBI watch. The FBI is monitoring these organizations for acts of terrorism in the United States. These acts include arson, bombings, cutting the brake lines on fishery trucks, breaking and entering, destruction of government and organizational research laboratories and murder. ALF, in one statement, has admitted to over 100 acts of terrorism, all in the name of animal rights and the economy.

PETA has given over $45,000 to the defense of Rodney Coronado, an ALF member convicted of a firebombing at Michigan State University. During this criminal act of arson, Rodney Coronado stole documents and had them sent to a PETA member, the sending of these packages was prearranged by the president of PETA, herself. One of the packages was intercepted by the FBI.

Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, during his last meal, decided to not eat meat. PETA’s response to this was given by Bruce Friedrich, when he told reporters “Mr. McVeigh’s decision to go vegetarian groups him with some of the world’s greatest visionaries."

PETA published a pamphlet entitled "Activism and the law", that offers advice on burning laboratory buildings. This same pamphlet states "there is a higher law than that written by those who subjugate the helpless", it states that the use of illegal actions may be unpopular, but "no struggle against exploitation has been won without them."

PETA contributed $27,000 to the legal defense of Roger Troen for burglary and arson at the University of Oregon in 1986. In 1989, PETA informed its members of the payment.

PETA's 1988 Form 990. PETA contributed $7,500 to the legal defense of Fran Stephanie Trutt, convicted of possessing pipe bombs and prosecuted for the attempted murder of the president of a medical laboratory.

PETA's 2001 Form 990. PETA payed lawyer fees for animal rights criminals involving the North American Earth Liberation Front, an FBI-declared domestic terrorist organization.

-"I will be the last person to condemn ALF (Animal Liberation Front)."

- Ingrid Newkirk, in the New York Daily News, [December 7, 1997]

-"McVeigh's decision to go vegetarian groups him with some of the world's greatest visionaries."

- Bruce Friedrich praising Oklahoma City bomber and mass-murderer Timothy McVeigh, for choosing a vegetarian last meal

-"If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then, of course we’re going to be, as a movement, blowing things up and smashing windows … I think it’s a great way to bring about animal liberation … I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow. I think it's perfectly appropriate for people to take bricks and toss them through the windows ... Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it."

- Bruce Friedrich, vegan campaign coordinator of PETA, “Animal Rights 2001” conference

Guilty of being hypocrites.

PETA claims animal research is useless to the medical field, but their Vice President, Mary Beth Sweetland, has no problem injecting insulin to help control her diabetes. She claims that she is not a hypocrite, but she needs her life to continue fighting for animals.

In 1999, PETA euthanized 1,325 of the 2,103 animals it took. PETA claimed that euthanizing the cats was much kinder than leaving them in the streets. PETA made the statement that a quick painless death is much better than a slow painful one. However, when hunters or farmers talk of quick painless ways of killing animals, PETA calls them barbarians and claim no animal death is justified.

Brainwashing children.

They have committed to the use of propaganda in elementary schools, claiming they can influence the foundation of children's beliefs to make it easier to persuade them as teenagers and adults. They use scare tactics, and unethical methods of convincing children milk and meat is bad.

-"Our campaigns are always geared towards children and they always will be"

-Dan Matthews, Vice President of PETA on the Fox News Network [December 19, 2003]

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Mar 17 2005, 06:02 PM

They're not going to skin themselves.

thats really funny.....

the only thing i would give them kudos for would be their crusade against animal testing. its something people had/have a lot of misconceptions about i think they did a great job of raising awareness about the issue. most everything else is just railing against the obvious which is tiresome and annoying.

oh, you dont like my diet? great. i dont like hard tacos. fuck off.

Originally posted by sarcasm+Mar 18 2005, 04:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sarcasm - Mar 18 2005, 04:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by ARCEL@Mar 18 2005, 01:58 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Jimmy Jump@Mar 17 2005, 06:21 PM

disturbing.  similar methods are used for leather too.  http://www.cowsarecool.com/theFacts.asp

i dispute the name of that site, cows are disgusting animals.

i must second this. i park near a pig/cow swine at school sometimes...

it's fucking rank.

[/b]

Copy_of_cool_cow_punk_look.jpg

"I will dissect you and moooooooooosterbate on your remains."

That was some interesting information on PETA. I knew they were for animal rights, but not to that degree. Animals should have more rights than people? Cmon now thats just stupid. Also, alot of people disagree with animal testing, but imagine if youre the one whose sick but is cured by a result of animal testing. Whats a few lab rats over the possibility of saving millions of sick people each year? In the end it gets down to what is dictated by our genetic makeup, our drive to protect our own species. Survival of the fittest as Darwin would say. We use up natural resources and in the process destroy our own environment/other animals environment but that is all in effort to perpetuate and benefit our species over others. That is just being human.

• 2 months later...

I BET THEY BEAT THERE CHILDREN TOO!

PETA employees charged with animal cruelty:

AHOSKIE, North Carolina (AP) -- Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin, police said.

Investigators staked out the bin after discovering that dead animals had been dumped there every Wednesday for the past four weeks, Ahoskie police said in a prepared statement Thursday.

PETA has scheduled a news conference for Friday in Norfolk, Virginia, where the group is based.

Police found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to PETA. The animals were from animal shelters in Northampton and Bertie counties, police said.

The two were picking up animals to be brought back to PETA headquarters for euthanization, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said Thursday. Neither police nor PETA offered any theory on why the animals might have been dumped.

Police charged Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of Norfolk, Virginia, each with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals. They were released on bond and an initial court date was set for Friday.

Hinkle has been suspended, but Cook continues to work PETA, Newkirk said.

Newkirk said she doubted Hinkle had ever been cruel to an animal and said if the animals were placed in the bin, "We will be appalled."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/17/peta.arrests.ap/index.html

PETA pisses me off ... I like the fact they want to have things good for little creatures ... but they do stupid things that allow people on the other side of the fence to so easily villify them. Know your audience and adjust to suite that and it will further your cause .... make a bigger rift, look like radical morons.

GET A FUCKING CLUE !!!

i was watching a docu. on PETA on A&E a while back and it showed a commercial that PETA ran in the 80's. it shows some lady walkin down a busy street wearing some nice big fur jacket, then out of nowhere comes this skinhead lookin goon with a lead pipe. he beats the shit out of her then takes off with her furcoat. end text says something along the lines of: would you die for your coat?

coolest commercial ever.

dont know if this link has been posted but.... PETA kills animals