"Friendly" Neighbourhood Graffitti.

QCrisp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Apr 7 2005, 11:57 AM

Its pathetic how americans who like to think they have ties to ireland, through ancestry, support and romantise the IRA. 

Its shameful how ignorant most of the people in this thread are.

its not a matter of "england out of ireland" 

Northern Ireland is part of the UK like scotland is. Ireland is Ireland. The conflict lies in the north where irish catholics are the minority and were sided against by protestant irish loyalists (loyal to england)

Countless irish were shipped and immigrated to australia. I have a relative who was hung for leading the easter uprising but we dont run around claiming allegience to IRA. Americans fund terrorists and dye rivers green on st patricks day to uphold some image of being victimised 7 generations ago

Wow! I really hate ignorant fucks like yourself! Your statement almost makes me anxious for the day a forein nation (probably US) invades your country and claimes you all as ours and your land as ours and your bitches as ours! And after centuries of your people dieing to free your land I'd like to hear your oppinion then!

<----(But I don't really want to see that happen).

Originally posted by SF1+Apr 8 2005, 08:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Apr 8 2005, 08:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WhiteOx@Apr 7 2005, 11:57 AM

Its pathetic how americans who like to think they have ties to ireland, through ancestry, support and romantise the IRA.

Its shameful how ignorant most of the people in this thread are.

its not a matter of "england out of ireland"

Northern Ireland is part of the UK like scotland is. Ireland is Ireland. The conflict lies in the north where irish catholics are the minority and were sided against by protestant irish loyalists (loyal to england)

Countless irish were shipped and immigrated to australia. I have a relative who was hung for leading the easter uprising but we dont run around claiming allegience to IRA. Americans fund terrorists and dye rivers green on st patricks day to uphold some image of being victimised 7 generations ago

Your statement almost makes me anxious for the day a forein nation (probably US) invades your country and claimes you all as ours and your land as ours and your bitches as ours!

[/b]

Given the stupidity of that comment I am making the executive decision not to talk to you.

Originally posted by SF1@Apr 8 2005, 08:32 AM

Wow! I really hate ignorant fucks like yourself! Your statement almost makes me anxious for the day a forein nation (probably US) invades your country and claimes you all as ours and your land as ours and your bitches as ours! And after centuries of your people dieing to free your land I'd like to hear your oppinion then!

Nice example. And that's exactly what happened to the Native Americans, and it happened more recently than the English colonising Ireland. That was in the 1100s I think, and we were already colonised by the Vikings and Celts at that point. And there you sit, preaching about countries you've proabaly never even been to. Shut up. I don't see you leaving the US anytime soon.

Irish and English people are seriously interbred on this island, and there's probably only a handfull of people (if any) who are of relatively "pure" celtic stock. Some of the people who want to remain British in the North have been there for more generations than most people have been in the US.Some dialogue with out the tyhreat of violence might be helpful....

^True dat^. The difference is though that the Native Americans gave up a long time ago. You dont see them fighting for their land with the heart that the IRA has.Or at all even. If they were they'd be in the right.They'd definately be wiped out though. Also their reservations might be horse shit... But it's theirs. Our taxes and laws don't apply to them.

Originally posted by SF1@Apr 8 2005, 01:03 PM

^True dat^. The difference is though that the Native Americans gave up a long time ago. You dont see them fighting for their land with the heart that the IRA has.Or at all even. If they were they'd be in the right.They'd definately be wiped out though. Also their reservations might be horse shit... But it's theirs. Our taxes and laws don't apply to them.

They don't pay property tax, that's it.

And they can't even sell the land if they want to.

Indian reservations are quote 'held in trust by the United States for the benefit of an Indian Tribe.' The title to their land is actually held by the United States. that's what you'll find if you read into the legal jargon

states are targeting tribes both legally and in the public media as sources of untapped revenue(shakedown). it's sick, there is some shady shit going down in minnesota right now.

sorry for going off topic, perhaps we'll need a thread on this, as i've noticed a few other threads have been dipping their toes into the subject.

pffft whatever mate

this aint even about america - this is about ireland, and ignorant americans (you, and every other fag in this thread who is backing the IRA) thinking they know shit about the situation and that they have a right to take sides

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Apr 9 2005, 07:53 AM

(you, and every other fag in this thread who is backing the IRA) thinking they know shit about the situation and that they have a right to take sides

Just like you asshole! Take a couple years to grow some hair on your dick then run your mouth you little shit!

Originally posted by QCrisp@Mar 17 2005, 09:04 AM

What do the Americans think about the IRA?

Actually I don't think many Americans think too much about them...

but I will say they don't group them in with the likes of Islamist groups.

Possibly viewed more as an organized crime syndicate,

and a non-governmental army...like a militia.

As for their cause, it is much like the American cause of old,

but now we have a feeling of compromise and burial of conflict for the sake

of peace between two "civilized" and very much alike places.

As an American who is only here because my family were Catholics from Tyronne county,

I must say that I support a resistance of sorts,but I don't support attacks on civilians not directly involved in the conflict, especially those who live off of the disputed land.

The purpose of armed revolutionary conflict is to eventually lead to a place

in diplomacy and decision making,otherwise you're fighting just to fight.

The IRA and Sinn Fein already have a (albiet minimal) place in the government,

continuing an armed resistance is at this point only counter-productive to increased sovreignty.

----------------------

P.S.

Despite what Kofi and the rest of the lawyers think,of which

the UN is composed of...

The true definition of Terrorism is

the use of violence to draw public attention to a cause.

It is physical propaganda,

not simply as the UN is likely to label it in their coming resolution,

"The intentional killing of civilians"...that falls under the pre-existing title of a war crime,

and although the intentional killing of civilians is an element of Terrorism,

Terrorism is not a necessary element of the intentional killing of civilians.

On Leonard Peltier: Link

"Amnesty International considers Leonard Peltier to be a political prisoner whose avenues of redress have long been exhausted.... Amnesty International recognizes that a retrial is no longer a feasible option and believes that Leonard Peltier should be immediately and unconditionally released."

-- Amnesty International, April 6, 1999

I'm not reply to random shite from SF1, because I believe I have made my point.

WhiteOx, I was born on Long Island, but promptly moved to Ireland. I've lived here all my life. I have Irish citizenship, my father is Irish, I went to Irish schools, I was forced to learn Irish etc. I'm Irish.

HLecter knows whats's up...

Originally posted by MIZZaBcfly+Apr 12 2005, 06:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MIZZaBcfly - Apr 12 2005, 06:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bodice_ripper@Apr 9 2005, 08:12 PM

I was born on Long Island

imo that'd make ya an american in fairness btw

[/b]

BUZZZZ. wrong. According to the Irish Constitution, having an Irish father makes me Irish from birth. I am a citizen. Your opinion doesn't come into it.

Originally posted by MIZZaBcfly+Apr 13 2005, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MIZZaBcfly - Apr 13 2005, 07:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bodice_ripper@Apr 13 2005, 07:55 AM

According to the Irish Constitution

gerr up ourra that ya mad yoke! we both know the irish Constitution in regards to citizenship is a load of tripe

[/b]

you have your opinion, I have my passport. Why would you begrudge me my nationality when you never even met me?

Originally posted by SF1@Apr 14 2005, 04:18 AM

Maybe cause you come off as having no Irish pride, yet you claim to speak for Ireland. I could be wrong.

And people who didn't get behind the Nazi's weren't German, no?

I don't claim to speak for Ireland, I just really hate to see people who've never set foot in the country backing a bunch of child killing thugs (who claim to speak for Ireland)

ps Irish pride is a sort of bread...