Red Monkey Denim

paint junky

Has anyone else heard more about these, japanese denim co. like evisu. super expensive, come in a wood box... while i was in vegas for magic my boy managed to nab a pair of them up, but since then i have not seen or heard of them too much... i did hear nigo did something with em... and they over do it with the extra bullshit but i haven't seen 'em really. any links? any info or flix?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

speaking of denim.. i bought a pair of edwins about 5 years ago in japan..

i havent seen them in america.. but id really like to cop another pair.. theyre barely worn at all after 5 years of me all up in them.

anyone heard of the company or know any places that carry it?

Originally posted by paint junky@Mar 16 2005, 04:17 PM

Has anyone else heard more about these, japanese denim co. like evisu. super expensive, come in a wood box... while i was in vegas for magic my boy managed to nab a pair of them up, but since then i have not seen or heard of them too much... i did hear nigo did something with em... and they over do it with the extra bullshit but i haven't seen 'em really. any links? any info or flix?

Yeah, I've seen them. I believe they are actually a chinese brand with a Japanese designer. They are certainly made in China.

I think your Evisu comparison is about right. They have a similar spirit. Lots of embroidery, featuring the Monkey King of chinese mythology, and embroideries based on small japanese prints.

Sorry I have no pics.