CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hey have any of you guys used the art primo female fat caps, like the ones that work on male rusto painters touch valves.

i tried my best but i have no question mark key because of paint damage to laptop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm sure this has already been said before but don't think that different tips will magically make you a better writer. A great writer can still put up a piece with stock caps. Let the caps work WITH your talent. I see a lot of toys trying to cop different caps thinking that it will make their pieces hotter and I just think to myself "if you spent more time sketching...

+1

if you can't do it with stock caps quit. even the new shitty system..

do those sekt adapters work with German outlines or am I fucked? I have like 80 of then left after I just went thru my last female can stash. went thru like ten pages of this thread and no mention.

thanks in advance

Yeah, it should work. I'm not too sure about the pressure tho, like if they are still skinny. I just use NY fats and Boston fats and call it done. Truth be told, I really don't use Rusto that much anymore. I got sick of dealing with it. As far as I'm concerned the hassle isn't worth it, I switched to Sabotaz and evolve.

never used sabotaz and never heard of evolve. trout?

those adapters seem pretty uncomfortable. looks like the cap is a good inch and a half higher on the can. . was hoping to use the rest of my favorite caps with paint I can pick up locally. you're probably right though seems like it'd be a pain in the ass. not a big fan of the gourmet paints, they're all so over priced here ($10-12 each? fuck that). but I guess I'll have some solid caps for when I do use some. gonna start looking into mail order deals.

I could use nothing but grey German outlines for the rest of my life. perfect cap for me.

Oink is out of Sabotaz right now, supposed to be getting a restock this month, but its under $4 a can and $10 flat rate shipping. The bigger you go on the package deals the lower the price per can. Evolve is $4 a can from 004conec, orders over $50 are shipped free. Only drawback on evolve is its chinese so there are fading issues. Both brands are nice with germans.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought ironlak for the first time and I also got a Sharpshooter cap for it, you know the supposedly super skinny cap? And it was coming out fatter than the stock Vegan cap. I seriously thought the guy gave my a fat cap.

Whats up with that?

I was hoping that it'd make lines about as wide as my pinky or so but Im very new to this whole 'special' paint with store bought caps and stuff, so i felt very naive.

Do caps even come as small as i wanted? It just made me very confused and agitated.

I bought ironlak for the first time and I also got a Sharpshooter cap for it, you know the supposedly super skinny cap? And it was coming out fatter than the stock Vegan cap. I seriously thought the guy gave my a fat cap.

Whats up with that?

I was hoping that it'd make lines about as wide as my pinky or so but Im very new to this whole 'special' paint with store bought caps and stuff, so i felt very naive.

Do caps even come as small as i wanted? It just made me very confused and agitated.

the width of a line of spray paint is a function of a few things.

newer reasons and techniques:

- paint pressure

- cap

older shit:

- speed and distance from surface

- cut backs

ironlak from what i know is medium pressure paint. you want low pressure paint like MTN94 for tiny lines. add that to a really tiny cap that clogs fast like a black dot and you have something that might make a narrow line.

all paint regardless of cap will make wider lines if you're not close to the surface and moving the can itself at a good pace. this is what it means when people say can control.

this leads nicely into the second section ... which, by the way, is more skills than special paint and caps...

teach yourself to paint with aerosol paint, and you will gain confidence in applying it to a surface. with that comes greater speed in doing so. even with dollar paint, a sharp, fast application is the way to make even the most watery of paint function like its something its not. moving fast enough, close enough to the surface and you can make almost any cap and brand of paint look clean. this is a skill that can be combined with special paint and caps to make you the motherfuckin man. you can also go back over lines and make them appear thinner - aka cutbacks. So the guy sold you the right caps but you're probably not using them right. Feel me ?

if your first cans were ironlak, shelve those and go find some dollar blacks and whites and teach yourself can control before embarassing yourself. it's like a new driver and a lambourghini. dont start on the high end. learn how to drive, then upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

German greys forever.

I've just been painting with whatever stock tips come on the brands I buy for the last couple years, and sure I pull it off, but I finally picked up some greys for the first time in years and i couldn't believe the difference. They're by far the best tip in my opinion for piecing. Everything else, rusto fat...

• 1 month later...

do those sekt adapters work with German outlines or am I fucked? I have like 80 of then left after I just went thru my last female can stash. went thru like ten pages of this thread and no mention.

thanks in advance

The sekt adapters work well. I pretty much only use american paint still.

German thins will work, the lines might not come out super thin because of the high pressure though.

• Like 1

so those new KR-750 cans. The caps on those have a large long straw tip, does this help build more pressure behind the paint or is it just to reach farther? also if you just take the cap off of homax spackle spray its a bigger dot and actually sprays farther than the KR-750 videos i have seen. those done have a straw tip either... they empty like a mother fucker though. anyways I guess i am just looking for some feedback on those...

• 2 months later...
I'm sure this has already been said before but don't think that different tips will magically make you a better writer. A great writer can still put up a piece with stock caps. Let the caps work WITH your talent. I see a lot of toys trying to cop different caps thinking that it will make their pieces hotter and I just think to myself "if you spent more time sketching and working on the art instead of worrying about how your can sprays, you would be better off." Do your thing, but don't think the answer lies within your setup... Hopefully everyone in here already knows this, but i wish someone would have told me when I was first starting... I use super silver fats for a lot, even spray, work great.

sketching only makes you better with pens and pencils

coming up i rocked a dry erase board so that i'd never sketch anything i couldn't paint

and so that i was always coming up with new ideas or doing ideas over and over and over again with a limited medium.

@ Ego: Dry erase was good for fucking around with hands but there is no substitute for painting.

For the rest of you kids: I came up on flat ball, paper wrap OHS and Grow-co with bits of Rusto and Zynolite here and there. You had to learn the valve on all the brands you used, what tips worked on what, and how they reacted to each other, you had to ride 4 busses across town to rack X color from the "other" Kmart, and rack X tips from that one spot that you don't even tell your boys in the crew about. It was all part of paying your dues. Now all you need is a credit card and you have fancy paint and tips delivered to your door. No fuss no muss. But one thing that Fed-X wont ever bring is can control, that still has to be earned. So get out there and pay your fucking dues kids.

Drunk rant over...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...