CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone figured out how to put different caps on the 360 cans? i skimmed through most of the thread and havent found anything so i decided to go smoke a cigarette in the garage and fuck with it for a minute, by the time my cigarette was finished BAM!!!!

i made it possible to use any cap on the krylon 360 with a ghetto adapter i rigged together.... i will try and post flicks later with a whole little breakdown tutorial for you.. all you need is the cap off the 360, the ink tube from a bic pen, the ink tube from a gel pen, and a paperclip, thats the shit you will need the only tools you need is a razor/scissors, wire cutters/pliers, and maybe some glue depending if the gel tube and bic tube slide into eachother well and tight enough i will try to explain how for now until i can post pics of the process

take the cap from the 360 and tear out the metal pin and slice off the little extra plastic nub/finger/grip flap thing that pushes the metal pin down,you will now have a 360 cap wit nothing to push down on just a flat round surface with a tiny hole that the metal pin once slid thru... take your gel ink cartridge and cut it a little shorter then an inch then cut it in half so now you have two half inch pieces of gel ink cartridge, now take your razor or scissors and that little tiny hole on the 360 cap from the metal pin you want to carve it in a circle to make that hole a little bigger enough so one of the half inch gel tube pieces slides in now glue to seal it tight, slide the other half inch piece of gel ink tube and slide it on the male part of your favorite cap it should fit tight and snug it did for me on most it was a little loose on the universal outlines, now cut a piece of your bic ink tube about less than an inch and slide it in your gel ink tube thats on your cap then slide that into the gel ink tube piece thats glued to the 360 cap, now your cap should be able to slide up and down, cut about an inch long piece of paper clip with your pliers and you can slide it into the bic ink tube then click the bottom half (the part with the 360 cap onto the 360 can) now your cap slides up and down and in turn pushes the paperclip piece down making the paint spray through the ghetto adapter out your favorite cap i just let the paperclip piece sit freely in my tubes between my can and my cap another option if you want it attached to your cap you can heat the paperclip tip lightly and push it gently to the inside of your cap but not too much or it pokes a hole all the way through... did that once and fucked around and threw that cap back in with the new ones by accident and trust me its no fun when you go to do a throwy and end up with blue rusto in your fuckin eye hahahahaha i was like whaaaat theeeeeeee fuckkkkkkkkkkk then i realized there was a hole in the finger part of my fatcap lol anyways ill post flicks later of the process sounds long, hard and complicated and half you stoned fuckers are probably lost back at step one with out picture refrence but it is simpler than droppin a deuce like i said i came up with the idea within the time it took to choke down a cigarette i tested it and it works with little leaks but then again i dont have any super glue on hand or it would be air tight but i was impressed compared to the fan tip 360 bullshit stock tip i just rigged a ny thin and it fit snug so i didnt have to glue which also made it possible to slip other caps of choice on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Badass! You should do the picture step by step.

Im stuck on elmers and ny fats on cap adapters for rusto. Honestly cap adapters seem like so much bullshit bc i thought ANY cap would work on rusto but it doesnt. I do like how the ny fats work when its not leaking out the fuckin bottom tho!

Havin krylons bangin pink dots and ny thins wud be pretty nice

• 1 month later...

*Bottom line: There are only 2 caps you need... two caps to achieve any and every effect you need.... the only two I use... New york fat, and new york outline...

-Dont tell me new york outlines dont fit belton, ironlak, and other brands... they fit... just use your brain and modify them a bit. I have been using newyork outlines on Euro paint for over a decade...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This has probably been said before but what the fuck is the deal with sekt adapters? You pick up one it fits nice, pick up another it doesn't, at least that's how it seems, I think it depends on whether you put the adapter on without a cap or with one. either way they don't fit basic rusto too well, and I guess that's more rusto's problem.

seriously what kind of god damn company makes the valves slightly different sizes for two similar lines? there better be a necessity in their design that calls for that if not I'm gonna go into their national hq and blow up some cans like they did in one of the war movies.

shit urks me for some reason.

also get pissed when I put a skinny on a sekt and it keeps spraying after I let off the tip, I need some straight female caps.

sorry felt like venting that

I'm sure this has already been said before but don't think that different tips will magically make you a better writer. A great writer can still put up a piece with stock caps. Let the caps work WITH your talent. I see a lot of toys trying to cop different caps thinking that it will make their pieces hotter and I just think to myself "if you spent more time sketching and working on the art instead of worrying about how your can sprays, you would be better off." Do your thing, but don't think the answer lies within your setup... Hopefully everyone in here already knows this, but i wish someone would have told me when I was first starting... I use super silver fats for a lot, even spray, work great.