CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So soaking caps in a bucket of mineral spirits or related cleaners should work for caps then right?

they will clean paint on the cap,but i am pretty sure that it wont unclog the cap inside... but if you spray it inside it will work.

lol,i used this shit

dupli-color-graffiti-ex.jpg

motip dpli color graffiti remover "graffiti-ex" and that shit clogged all my caps!!!! its thick like a fucking silicone and it looks like that... worst shit ever.

Can of goof-off, cant go wrong. Blasts the paint rite out, sometimes it will even save a totally clogged tip.

edit: If its clogged w/ stops rust tho just chuck it...lol.

Goof off is the cleaner I was referring to :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey if you guys got "original stock caps" You should hold on to them. They are now collectors classics especially the red ones. They are offically discontinued!!!!

TROUT = Excellent Service and professional knowledge on caps!

Yeah huh, I have a whole water bottle jug almost half full of stock caps..Mostly the red Rusto ones, some Krylon blacks , and even a whole bunch of the original Rusto red base caps. I have always saved them as I got paint to see how many cans I would go through..You think people are gonna want to buy them for some dough in the future?? Good to know thanks for the info ..First I heard of it...7deeone

• 2 weeks later...
how clean/fuzzy they are? and how fat?

Very Clean, with nice clean round wrings when cap is new. About 4 to 5 fingers wide depending of how far back your spraying from. ( Further back = Larger & Lighter coat.) As you know.

Not really misty / fuzzy at all, as I can remember.

But MAKE SURE you dont over shave them. As I had one brake off in the valve from me shaving one to thin.

In short. Its worth doing if you dont have anycaps that will do the same with out being modded.

Very Clean, with nice clean round wrings when cap is new. About 4 to 5 fingers wide depending of how far back your spraying from. ( Further back = Larger & Lighter coat.) As you know.

Not really misty / fuzzy at all, as I can remember.

But MAKE SURE you dont over shave them. As I had one brake off in the valve from me shaving one to thin.

In short. Its worth doing if you dont have anycaps that will do the same with out being modded.

thanks,all fat caps that i used on dupli color (german) are fucked up,they are not fat,they are just caps with high pressure,dot will be small but high pressure feeling,so i will try this one on montana gold and on dupli to see how they works...