CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm didn't notice I mostly just do marker tags where I live Bc I love in the suburbs so it's too much heat to paint a lot out here so if I buy paint I get the good stuff. Either rusto or valspar. I hope valspar doesn't change over they have a great color collecetion and my favorite stock caps I use valspar stocks on all my cans..they're comfy :)

I don't have ten min where I live haha it's in and out unless you're in a chill spot which there's not many....valspars no rusto but it has good color choice

nah nigga you got time jus grow some.

used an orange dot on kilz last night. its shaped like the elmer cap, but it fits to your finger easier and its a nice medium fat cap, good for flares and filling in

Did a little bit of research last night, appears that Sherwin Williams brands owns the trademark to the DanVern name - which is the name of the fan spray tip on the new 360 line. They also own a bunch of other interesting trademarks. Whats interesting about this is that it is possible that Sherwin Williams is also the manufacturer of the fan spray caps (my theory anyway) which would be why they've swapped to it for their whole line. Money saving bitches.

DEEN, any thoughts on this, is it possible that SW also produces the caps that they use instead of purchasing valves and caps from other manufacturers who specialize in these components?

Did a little bit of research last night, appears that Sherwin Williams brands owns the trademark to the DanVern name - which is the name of the fan spray tip on the new 360 line. They also own a bunch of other interesting trademarks. Whats interesting about this is that it is possible that Sherwin Williams is also the manufacturer of the fan spray caps (my theory anyway) which would be why they've swapped to it for their whole line. Money saving bitches.

DEEN, any thoughts on this, is it possible that SW also produces the caps that they use instead of purchasing valves and caps from other manufacturers who specialize in these components?

Well I know for a fact that RPM-RUSTO changed their valves due to the whole anti graffiti bs and people destroying other products just for caps to work on Rusto.

As for Krylon who did that because of the anti graffiti crap they so heavily advertise and support. They are the investors on that particular product and own the patent on that tip. You can own a trademark on a "name" they just decided to slap a unique name on it for their own branding/advertising and marketing. It makes sense for them to "hype" it.

As for SW owning a "factory-manufacturing" entity just to make that stupid ass tip it is possible but highly unlikely. Doesn't make any sense cost wise to do this. Only way I see it being cost effective is if others were using that tip as well on products besides Krylon Spray Paint here which is not the case.

Deen, that stupid fucking fan cap has been around for at least 20+ years. I remember it being on "Dutch Boy" as far back as '91.

Ha ha.. Very true Evil I just looked at some pics of some..

Like I said "I could be wrong also" I had a hunch but wasn't so sure. I just seen pics of Red Devils with them on Flickr.

Thanks for veryifying Evil!

DEEN,

I wasn't talking about Rusto - just Sherwin Williams. Dupli-color (USA) has been using those tips since they came out, and Sherwin Williams is a huge company - I think it may be possible that it is their in house cap and that they have it custom produced or produce it on site. Also, Dutch Boy is made by Sherwin Williams as well. I know other brands use that 360/DanVern cap, but I also know that Sherwin Williams produces a lot of brands throughout the world. I cannot find info on that stupid tip anywhere, I have tried so that it can benefit others and myself, but it is almost impossible to find out where to purchase them.

DEEN,

I wasn't talking about Rusto - just Sherwin Williams. Dupli-color (USA) has been using those tips since they came out, and Sherwin Williams is a huge company - I think it may be possible that it is their in house cap and that they have it custom produced or produce it on site. Also, Dutch Boy is made by Sherwin Williams as well. I know other brands use that 360/DanVern cap, but I also know that Sherwin Williams produces a lot of brands throughout the world. I cannot find info on that stupid tip anywhere, I have tried so that it can benefit others and myself, but it is almost impossible to find out where to purchase them.

But if they own it and use it exclusively doubt if it would be offered for sale to others.

I'll see if I can get any info for you from the dudes that visit frequently.

I"ll have to examine one of them damn tips.. I don't have a single can of that paint cuz I hate that tip so much lol ..

DEEN,

Big Metal, wouldn't it just be a matter of finding somebody to produce a "DanVern" style actuator, or one that's compatible, with an MBU instead of that fan garbage or perhaps an insert that you could slide in after you pry that fan bullshit out? you could use different sized internal orifices to meter paint flow IE: skinny to fat... just throwing that out there...

Of course all of this is just pointless wondering and "what-iffing" if Sherwin Willams owns the patents and doesnt want to play ball.