CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.autobarndeals.com/catalog/duauspcltopc.jpg

you guys see the tips on those cans?... you can adjust them and flare with em .. not too practical though.

I use these cans for fills ONLY. The tip is calligraphy and its good for fills, but not so hot for outlines and such. Thats what I use em for. Plus they are easy to rack. Any automotive place should have them and they are not locked up. Checker, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Etc.

ok so ive been usin NY anf rusto fats mosyly (really like the rusto fats on rusto) but im havin a hard time gettin my flares to really kick. maybe a fatter cap like a pink dot is more suited for something like.. (stolen flic). Im just wonderin here, obv this guy has real nice can control and thats a big part.

481020314_b4d94a111d_o.jpg

philly all day....thats an german fat or orange dot what ever you wanna call it...

I know for sure thats not an orange dot on rusto, rusto dont work for shit with any cap except a rusto fat and a ny thin/skinny. Try krylon with a pink dot or an astro or a clash cap (clash cap is an all yellow cap with a black insert) Ill try to go figure it out and ill post the pics.

i wonder if painters touch going with the valve style might reflect what other companies plan to do in the future

probably not, because kilz paint is a different valve and no one has changed like them.

i still rarely see those comfort caps.

I know for sure thats not an orange dot on rusto, rusto dont work for shit with any cap except a rusto fat and a ny thin/skinny. Try krylon with a pink dot or an astro or a clash cap (clash cap is an all yellow cap with a black insert) Ill try to go figure it out and ill post the pics.

german caps work ok for me on rusto

if this stupid question has been asked a thousand times, i apologize for asking it again. i just don't have time to go through the thread looking. also, i don't want to waste the threads time with a repeat question, so if someone wants to be kind enough to PM me with the answer, i'd appreciate it.

question: if caps don't work with certain cans (mainly cheap paint), is there anything you can do to make them work?

that search button is a trick man. everytime i put in something i'm looking for --it brings up some random thread like "nebraska electrical boxes" or "fire hydrants" or "toledo."

so there is nothing to help the problem then. i kind of figured that. as for switching paint, into another can --i have no clue how to do that. i'll try the search button for that, and maybe i can find the answer in "photos of dogs" or "MS Paint."

by the way, sorry to hear you got fucked in the butt.

how do u unclog caps, the best solution? would it be a combination of laquer, paint thinner, spirits, acetone, xylene, touelene, i cant find TEP, but i can find TSP. Mineral spirits doesnt work for me. thanks

i let a bunch of caps sit in paint thinner for about 4 days, it didnt do shit

im wondering the same question