CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not read through much of this thread, but...

I use Rustos. Where can I find the fattest possible cap for a rusto?

Normally I just steal the wider rusto caps such as the Painters Touch 2x width spray. They also have some tall ass Rustos that have fatter caps too.. But it's still not THAT wide of a spray.

What will spray super fat and work on Rusto?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^Word, it works. If you take the colored part and just take the white cap itself and put it on a regular rusto can, it works as a fat cap. Clogs easy tho

IMG_2695.JPG

I dunno if someone's posted this already.. I just discovered this last night when I was messing around with caps on air fresheners

• 1 month later...
I've not read through much of this thread, but...

I use Rustos. Where can I find the fattest possible cap for a rusto?

Normally I just steal the wider rusto caps such as the Painters Touch 2x width spray. They also have some tall ass Rustos that have fatter caps too.. But it's still not THAT wide of a spray.

What will spray super fat and work on Rusto?

well.now ive heard em all.

Sick of buying expensive caps that clog fast. I live remote to big cities and postage usually puts the price of caps between $.60-1.00 unless I buy huge bulk, and fuck that, I'm married and saving for another house, go fuck yourselves.

I've read back a bunch of pages and have seen people commenting on soaking caps in paint thinner overnight as a way to unclog the bastards and be a cheapskate. Does this not screw with the plastic at all? I'd assume this would be the cheapest way to elongate the life of caps, anyone else have any other suggestions though?

Oh, and for the record, when I started painting all there ever existed was hardware, auto and shoe paint. I've done my time with stock caps and whatever I could find around the house to innovate with.

These days when I paint, all legals, I use half cheap generic cans with male valves and stock caps as well as arty shit like Ironlak, Zenith, Monster, etc. with the full selection of different width caps. I enjoy being able to credibly understand and use both.

Look at it from the POV of the manufacturer, what good is your product if it melts when the end consumer uses it? The plastic of the caps has to be able to stand up to the solvents in what ever product your customer is selling.

So with that in mind, as a soak nail polish remover works pretty good (acetone or non-acetone), so does paint thinner and mineral spirits. When they start to clog I have taken to using paint stripper or graffiti remover sprays to blast em out as well. Sometimes it saves em, sometimes it doesn't.

I still rack caps too, so I have a steady supplement to my supply. At this point it's almost second nature, I do it with out even realizing I'm doing it sometimes.

Yeah I realise that the paint has thinners in it, it was the concentration and elongated exposure that I was thinking of. Basically I'm going to by a tin of thinners and turps to chuck my caps in when I'm done for the day and pull them out next time I go paint. If that doesn't screw the plastic after a while then I'll be happy with that.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

walid you want caps? - hit me with a postal address I'll post you a bunch of Montana skinny caps. My mate works at Montana in heidelberg Germany and everytime I see him he gives me more caps. I have more caps than I will ever use and if you want some I'll send you some since I pay fuck all for them.

• 4 years later...