CAPS sooperthread

haunts

after seeing what all of you know ill give you all some basic techinues with the caps. for me i just drain most of the areosol out of the can by turning the can upside down and alowing some pressure to get out. i'd only do this for about 30 to 40 seconds depending on how much paint is inside of the can. the results are good since you only would have to use a fixie( aka) ny thin and the lines are pretty thin. and that rusto thin is pretty good but i think if you can master pieces with ny thins you can do just about anything.

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ziponer@Dec 9 2005, 12:14 AM

rustothin2hu.jpg

i bring you the rusto thin....(soft medium line) i bet no one has ever used on of theese before besides me...and select few other writers in the idaho area whom ive introduced to them...they are fuckin sweet.....(they come on dollar store tire protectants)

used them back in 96'

your not cool :nut:

Originally posted by FuzZy+Dec 27 2005, 07:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FuzZy - Dec 27 2005, 07:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ziponer@Dec 9 2005, 12:14 AM

rustothin2hu.jpg

i bring you the rusto thin....(soft medium line) i bet no one has ever used on of theese before besides me...and select few other writers in the idaho area whom ive introduced to them...they are fuckin sweet.....(they come on dollar store tire protectants)

used them back in 96'

your not cool :nut:

[/b]

yeah theyre not new at all

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I figure i'm screwed here however I need some help.

I just bought a lot of krylon industrial tough coat paint but the paint uses female caps.

Anybody know where I can buy some female fat caps that I can put on these things? So far i'm finding that I can rack the caps off of scotch guard however I'm not into racking. Call me a chump for that all you want but i'm a moral person and don't believe in stealing.

Please don't instigate a debate with me over the fact that I paint graffiti and how it can be construed as stealing. Just help me out if you know anybody I can get this from.

Thanks

Originally posted by wickeder@Jan 16 2006, 11:03 AM

Okay so I figure i'm screwed here however I need some help.

I just bought a lot of krylon industrial tough coat paint but the paint uses female caps.

Anybody know where I can buy some female fat caps that I can put on these things? So far i'm finding that I can rack the caps off of scotch guard however I'm not into racking. Call me a chump for that all you want but i'm a moral person and don't believe in stealing.

Please don't instigate a debate with me over the fact that I paint graffiti and how it can be construed as stealing. Just help me out if you know anybody I can get this from.

Thanks

Your best bet is probably to learn to fill quickly with the stock that comes with. Dont under-rate stock caps... they are as good or bad as the writer behind them.

Your best bet is probably to learn to fill quickly with the stock that comes with. Dont under-rate stock caps... they are as good or bad as the writer behind them.

trust me i've used stock caps but it takes so much longer to fill with them in comparison to fat caps. i'll use them for sure however if there's a better way i'd like to figure it out.

Damn wicked, that wouldn't suck too bad if you hadn't bought "a lot" of them... how many cans is a lot? Anyway pretty much all household sprays such as cleaners and hair products use female caps nowadays, so I'd say go have a field day in the cosmetics aisle and see what you come up with. Try out everything, just pop one off of each and bring em' home to test them. Might find something dope, you never know?

Originally posted by i_write@Jan 17 2006, 11:51 PM

hairspray caps work for fats in most cases, but a stock of female works really good for fills .. well i use it anyway

I guess I'll use it all for fills then, I got a bunch of black hoping to use it for outlines but I may or not want to use it for that.

Thanks for the assitance

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by FuzZy@Dec 27 2005, 03:57 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh yeah there not thin caps either

atleast the ones I always had

yeah you can tell they're not thin casue they're indented...at least thats my xperience is fat caps are alwasy indented...(liek the circle is pushed back farther than the outer shell of the cap)

• 2 weeks later...

Pink dots are overrated...If you want some fat ass spread...try out the caps that come on spray touch up things for ceilings (the white bumpy kind of ceilings...not being technical here)--and if you mod the cap (ill get pics of it unmodded n modded) it can get pretty fat...

(I strictly use modded caps I find off of random stuff, never buying NY fats even though thats all you really need--oh well...if anyone knows where some fats are (on diff products) lemme know please....) Peace

Originally posted by The First of Faze+Jan 31 2006, 09:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The First of Faze - Jan 31 2006, 09:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-toggle@Jan 29 2006, 01:19 AM

anyone know of a fat cap thatll fit the walmart colorplace paint. or even of a mod i can perform.

if i rememebr correctly colorpalce is made by krylon...so all nys and standard caps you can buy for graff should fit it besides montanas...

[/b]

hate to cause static, but i dont think thats correct, the only caps i havent tryed are ny fats or any of the hooded caps. maybe thats what i need to do, but all i got its rustos and ny thins