Metal lane

InnerCityRebel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

predictable...

Cap should not be looked up to for several reasons-

1. took out people on purpose and gained notoriety for it solely. lame.

almost everyone he went after was far far better than him.

2. lousy pieces, when he actually did them.

3. if chalfant and silver didn't need a "nemesis" to paint as the bad guy in style wars, you wouldn't know and wouldn't care.

4. he admits in the style wars dvd that he should have tried to actually develop his art. in other words, he regrets how he did shit.

5. late on the bandwagon to promote himself as a train painter and obviously scrambling to do so.

6. snow pieces. nothing more to say.

in other words, his name shouldn't be made into a verb. oh, and 666, i said who the fuck i was.. i didn't say if i fucking care what you think you know.

Originally posted by killingcans@Mar 17 2005, 07:04 AM

predictable...

Cap should not be looked up to for several reasons-

1. took out people on purpose and gained notoriety for it solely. lame.

almost everyone he went after was far far better than him.

2. lousy pieces, when he actually did them.

3. if chalfant and silver didn't need a "nemesis" to paint as the bad guy in style wars, you wouldn't know and wouldn't care.

4. he admits in the style wars dvd that he should have tried to actually develop his art. in other words, he regrets how he did shit.

5. late on the bandwagon to promote himself as a train painter and obviously scrambling to do so.

6. snow pieces. nothing more to say.

in other words, his name shouldn't be made into a verb. oh, and 666, i said who the fuck i was.. i didn't say if i fucking care what you think you know.

First off, get off the defense. If youre upset because I said I never heard of you then I dont know what to tell you,but I never heard of you. I'm not from the mid-west or where ever youre from.

Cap gets his respect because he put heart into what he did, he was dedicated. He did shit his way. He did what he did knowing what he was doing. He was a bomber, not a piecer. He went over people that put pieces over his fillins, he didnt diss for no reason. Is it what I would do? No. But not everyone should follow the same guide lines that I do. He didnt give a fuck about pieces, all he saw was that people were going over him, regardless of how many colors and connections they used. I think its just something you dont understand. What he wishes he did back then doesnt matter, whats done is done and straight up what he did made him stand out thats why in 50 years from now Cap will be mentioned in the history books not joe shmo from Arkansas whos doing styles that he copied from some one who copied some guy who was biting off of AOK RIS and UA.

If youre too sensitive to read peoples opinions, then you think twice before expressing your own uneducated opinion on other people. Just because you watched some bonus footage on the StyleWars DVD dont assume you know anything about that era of writing or the people who participated in it.

Originally posted by killingcans@Mar 15 2005, 04:46 AM

funny-this car is at least 2 years old and has been posted before.

before you accuse me of "capping" anyone, first off cap was never a real writer and shouldn't be looked up to.

WOW!

You sound like a complete idiot! :huh2:

Guest Hustleman

KILLING... thing u missing about cap is he wasnt TRYING to get fame from going over people who were 'better' than him, it just so happened that he did get famous for that, but that was not his purpose for doing what he did, it started from crew beef,,writers (blade n comet) were going over caps boys cars on the line, the beef escalated from there,,2nd nobody was "trying" to be anything back then, they just were,,they were living this shit and at the same time creating/ laying down what people TRY to do/be today,,these guys were walkin around with axe's and bats , and using them , it was way deeper than just paint...3rd..cap DID do pieces , and if heads saw his shit today i guarantee u would would see people emulate his styles on fr8s -like they do all old ny styles

whatever fellas.. i backed up my point with 6 facts. don't question my credibility cause you don't know me at all. no matter where you're from, the tendency is to believe a lot of the hype that's delivered to you by people who have decided to promote themselves as being "rebellious train painters" for over 20 years. remember that if you too had a lot of exposure to old writers, you'd see them as what many of them are. and it ain't so pretty.

i resent the use of the word cap as a verb cause it gives him too much credit. you want to spit back bullshit that you've learned about who you're "supposed" to have respect for, that's fine. but remember that you're not thinking for yourself, and that your only scope is heavily biased.

done wasting time here.

Originally posted by killingcans@Mar 18 2005, 03:05 PM

whatever fellas.. i backed up my point with 6 facts. don't question my credibility cause you don't know me at all.

i resent the use of the word cap as a verb cause it gives him too much credit. you want to spit back bullshit that you've learned about who you're "supposed" to have respect for, that's fine. but remember that you're not thinking for yourself, and that your only scope is heavily biased.

You're the one discrediting yourself with that nonsense. I don't care how long you been painting or how good you are (or arent), you sound like a doushbag toy that just picked up a can (and a copie of Style Wars) and has no knowledge of graff history or what graff even is.