Chintz

Guest imported_Europe

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sodapop7
Originally posted by tEkRoCkS

yeah euro graff is shitty except a select few and this guy isnt one of them.........dont u love how americans shit on euros.....ahhahahaha

this guys put in more work in 1 weekend on trains than you will ever do in your life.....

• 3 weeks later...

It´s really amazing, man, hearing these idiots clown on Chintz. I mean if you don´t care for the stuff, fine. But that comment about him just doing it for the fame is the stupidest thing I´ve heard in a minute. Ever see an interview with him? No, he´s harder to get to talk than Sento, and don´t think that every Euro mag out there hasn´t tried. I don´t think he´d ever introduce himself as "Chintz" or even tell you that he writes if you met him. And New York? Well, he did a pretty memorable stack of trains there, got his flicks, went home and did a "fuck New York" whole car. I find out all the time about new places that he´s done wholecars... And when you add all that up, it really makes each and every piece of his carry more weight. If anyone who really knows what they´re talking about can offer a better nominee for the title of ultimate train king on planet earth (bear in mind that New York City is only one place on said planet, I know it's hard...) then I´m open to suggestions. Until then I gotta give it to Chintz.

Originally posted by Sonik3000

It´s really amazing, man, hearing these idiots clown on Chintz. I mean if you don´t care for the stuff, fine. But that comment about him just doing it for the fame is the stupidest thing I´ve heard in a minute. Ever see an interview with him? No, he´s harder to get to talk than Sento, and don´t think that every Euro mag out there hasn´t tried. I don´t think he´d ever introduce himself as "Chintz" or even tell you that he writes if you met him. And New York? Well, he did a pretty memorable stack of trains there, got his flicks, went home and did a "fuck New York" whole car. I find out all the time about new places that he´s done wholecars... And when you add all that up, it really makes each and every piece of his carry more weight. If anyone who really knows what they´re talking about can offer a better nominee for the title of ultimate train king on planet earth (bear in mind that New York City is only one place on said planet, I know it's hard...) then I´m open to suggestions. Until then I gotta give it to Chintz.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Originally posted by Proph UAcrew

go to NY (or most major cities in US) with wack shit and you'll go nowhere... you might be able to pull off never doing ill lettering in UK but here in US we notice shit like that.

I don't like his style, letters, or even his fills... but I can't take anything from him for ups, kid looks like he's doin it!... gotta love that!

As far as being the 'ULTIMATE TRAIN KING'.... uhhhhhh.... no.... His shit isn't even coming close to touching old school NY trains... Blade, Seen, DONDI (rip), the list goes on forever... all the whole car pieces, rather MASTERPIECES (Where the word 'pieces' derived from... a true to the word MASTERPIECE, not just letters on a train whether big or small). C'mon, he may be kinging the trains out there as far as ups goes, but let's be real about this... his letters suck, seems to have almost no original style, and seems to do it just for fame by the looks of his work... don't compare this guy to the REAL KINGS who ran shit in the old school with no special graff cans (like montana & Belton which is used by almost all euro writers), no special caps that they bought, and nobody but the people rocking the area at the time to be influenced by... let's be REAL

oh yeah and ummm... STOP BUMPING YOUR OWN POSTS!!!, they are what they are... let them live if people like them, otherwise let them disappear into the archives.

yeah come on lets be real about this___you are a wanker

Guest keithturbo
Originally posted by Sonik3000

i agree, but the thing people dont realise is that he paints like many oldschool ny wrighters do as far as damage is concerned but nowdays it aint like a sunday picknick.i may be wrong in saying this he may have written fuck ny because europe now is the place that is rocking shit and felt uninspired painting in a place were shit aint that regular.ny will continue to get props as long as graffs around and so it should. but places in europe are definately leaving the rest of us for dead.

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_Europe
  • 3 months later...
Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

How can anyone hate on Chintz? That guy is an international steel maniac. OK, so he hasn't got the dopest style, but you don't get to spend all Sunday afternoon in the middle of fucking nowhere (a la freights) to do this kind of graffiti. And his shit is clean.:P :P :P :P

at least he can say he has his very own style!

i love this guy!

on my website about dortmund are tons of pix from chintz!

Cause

Ske

Ske 3

Revo

WutWut

Izm

Please use the HTML links and don't insert direct picture links because I pay enough for the heavy traffic on my website...... thx!

Originally posted by Proph UAcrew

don't compare this guy to the REAL KINGS who ran shit in the old school with no special graff cans (like montana & Belton which is used by almost all euro writers), no special caps that they bought, and nobody but the people rocking the area at the time to be influenced by... let's be REAL

he toured through europe just to steal some cans an CAPS from bodyspraycans!!

when he started writing belton or montana was not even founded or unpayable!

even seen shows respect to this guy and his style is his very own style!

chintz was studying on art. sure he is a king, or did you do more than 40.000(?) pieces in 18years??

so shut up and make it better!

Originally posted by Merdle

Hes A king maybe BUT not THE king, I'd give it to someone with a doper style.

Define "dope style", or even better, define "style"

It's harder to make something look nice when you use a simple style than when you do some bullshit wildstyle with no actual letters!

I rest my case your Honour.

Since I got into graff about ten years ago, this guy has always been around, but I had no idea about the multitude of his work.

I too must say that it is not my favourite style, but the dortmund style never has been. Even so, it is hard to ignore someone putting in so much serious work, he seems to be some sort of train killing machine without even stopping there.

This guy is not doing this for a fad or fame or whatever, it´s in his blood and that makes his shit raw!

Archived