Chintz

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

just a little addendum to this eternal debate, since i see so many americans whining (and lying) on here.....clean trains, for the 10000th time, are way easier in the states. fr8s are a joke compared to clean trains anywhere. i paint a lot of fr8s, and the only thing easier than fr8s is a legal wall. the illest shit in graff, in my opinion, is street bombing.....after that, transit...after that, highways/rooftops...after that, fr8s and chill walls, after that, legal walls.

any american who is claiming that fr8s are harder (or even as hard as) than cleans has either not done cleans, or simply doesnt know what the fuck they are talking about. seriously, im tired of reading all these embarassing ass rants from american fr8 writers....i love fr8s, but do not doubt the fact that they are almost completely a joke....a few places have gotten hot, but thats nothing to do with the nature of fr8s, it relaes to dumb people blowing spots....a well kept fr8 spot (like the ones my crew takes care of) is almost absolutely chill. yall need to seriously stop lying to yourselves....you can never ever compare a fr8 to pulling off real transit.

this dude chintz is a fucking legend and to trash this thread with this tired old argument is sad....but i cant sit here and see so many americans missrepresent our shi...dont front, styles may be a matter of taste, but in terms of heart, a lot of times these europeans are running laps around you fr8 people.

ha, well yeah like i said, style is subjective...i grew up on philly hands so i think a LOT of hands suck....and theres def a whole debate that can be had about letterform, and how americans tend to be limited to sort of stylized versions of a generic roman/serif type font whereas europeans pretty much accept any type of blob as a letter....but thats all subjective....some europeans i think blaze with that style, and then theres mad american who are painting boring ass shit tha is technically 'good leter form'...its all a matter of opinion i guess....but the issue of cleans vs. fr8 is not opinion, its a fact....cleans are harder than fr8s, and euro transit is a lot of times much harder than american transit. and i love painting fr8s for the record. its just fr8 nerds that get on my damn nerves.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Nic Thamaire

hahah,they just lie to you cos you never been to Europe..

Haha.... but, I live here... and YES, you can do clean trains daytime! Infact, thats the best time to hit them here if the yard is right!

Quit dissing freight, fool! Most of you Euro heads dont understand shit about freight painting due to your ignorance...and whats really fucked up is that most of you have the same opinion about it!!! What does it tell you!?... A complete absence of individuality...oh yes, lets not forget to mention the STYLE!!!:lol: You diss freights cause your friends do the same, and you fear the fact that you may not fit in into so called the Euro standard/hardcore bull shit style!

And for the record...Freight painting is a Federal Offence... You dont get a slap on the wrist for that with some bull shit fine.. you will go to jail if you are a secon time offender! YOU DONT KNOW SHIT!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

you know what you ignorant fucks who sit behind comps and talk bullshit before you start dissing the european freight scene come to prague or warsaw oh no even vienna. like cheers said before europeans run over the americans when it comes to style. maybe their not as clean or precise but they each have their own style. take arie from prague whose been writing for almost 11 years has the sickest and most unique stylwe probably in the whole of europe. no doubt still chintz is hot and no doubt the american freight scene is also hot. but dont go round dissing the european scene after just seeing a couple of flicks on this site

bored bored bored

to be honest this ongoing bullshit of fr8's vs cleans, US vs europe, me vs you is a real shame, as a london head with alot of subway action under my belt it is so embarracing reading replys from either side of this argument, is it jealousy, pride, i dont know, but it is fucking annoying forever reading 'you yanks cant paint shit' or 'you euro heads are fucking lame at style', WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!! you aint representing your scene by acting like little kids in the school playground arguing over whos dad could knock whos dad out, its lame, embarracing and over played, respect to anyone with heart and a love for the game,painting on fr8's or dirty subways, at least something is getting done, i thought that was the point of graff in the first place.

Originally posted by driftsol

Haha.... but, I live here... and YES, you can do clean trains daytime! Infact, thats the best time to hit them here if the yard is right!

Quit dissing freight, fool! Most of you Euro heads dont understand Euro standard/hardcore bull shit style! ..................................................................

And for the record...Freight painting is a Federal Offence... You dont get a slap on the wrist for that with some bull shit fine.. you will go to jail if you are a secon time offender! YOU DONT KNOW SHIT!!!!

Painting freights isn't a federal crime because the great majority of freights belong to private companies like CSX, Burlington Northern, ect. thats why each company has its own police force. I know a dude who got caught paiting freights and didn't make it past municipal court.

My.02 cents worth

Not only is it a federal offence, but its also a felony charge for every 10 feet of painted train. $1000 dollars per foot- so let's say you do a Hollyroller t2b

thats almost 100 feet across & 12 feet high.... you do the math kid.

it all equals Big fines & years of restitution costs.

Freights or clean Euro's... it dosen't matter- Just feel the steel!!!

Re: My.02 cents worth

Originally posted by ArtistikFunk

Not only is it a federal offence, but its also a felony charge for every 10 feet of painted train. $1000 dollars per foot- so let's say you do a Hollyroller t2b

thats almost 100 feet across & 12 feet high.... you do the math kid.

it all equals Big fines & years of restitution costs.

Freights or clean Euro's... it dosen't matter- Just feel the steel!!!

Don't get me wrong I like freights, but how do you figure that its a federal offence if their not federal property. Freight robbing could be a federal offence because your interfering with inter-state commerce, but thats it. Picture a writer doing time in federal prison for painting freights......the idea is ridiculous and completely false. As for it being a felony each state has its own set of laws to determine what is a felony. In most states (the monetary value varies from state to state) damage over $250 to $1000 becomes a felony. the $1,000 per square foot is also ridiculous because it doesn't cost $1,000 per square foot to clean a piece. Artistikfunk I understand that you are passionately in love with freights, but keep in mind that passion can blind a man from seeing reality: FREIGHT ARE NOT HARDCORE, clean trains are like the crack or heroin of graffiti while freights could be compared to smoking a joint. Anyway, this belongs on anothere thread Big Ups to Chintz!

Re: Re: Re: My.02 cents worth

Originally posted by IVO AKM KILLERZ

clean trains are like the crack or heroin of graffiti while freights could be compared to smoking a joint.

what kind of dickhead would use 'heroin' to describe anything???

FUCKIN JUNKIES....

Yeeeaaahhhh............A FUCKING CLEAN TRAIN JUNKIE

I could tell you don't nothing about being addicted to trains cuz if you did you would understand the comparison!!!

FUCKING INTERNET WRITERS......

^^^^

definatly true its ridiculous how addictive it is always looking for ur next hit, itching during the day for the night to come and going over outlines in your head, when ur sat on the train and it stops at the backjump spot your sat on it thinking 'fill done now, outline maybe a double with a quick cloud' passenger writers know freight writers dont

Originally posted by stringfellow

^^^^

definatly true its ridiculous how addictive it is always looking for ur next hit, itching during the day for the night to come and going over outlines in your head, when ur sat on the train and it stops at the backjump spot your sat on it thinking 'fill done now, outline maybe a double with a quick cloud' passenger writers know freight writers dont

word. that thing about the backjump is me exactly.... haha, i didnt know anyone else did that shit! :rolleyes:

Archived