The Draft

villain

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by emergONE@Apr 11 2005, 05:58 AM

canada and france? where do you live sf1? under a rock french people are pussies.. havent you heard about the food for oil scandle? france wont back us up and i dont even think canada has an army

Duhh... errr... ummm... :umm: :umm: :umm: :umm:

Dude did you even read what I said???

I said the U.S. government would have to settle for being a REGULAR OLE WEALTHY INDUSTRIALISED NATION JUST LIKE ENGLAND, FRANCE, CANADA, ETC.ETC,ETC...AS APPOSED TO GLOBAL DOMINATION!!!

Why the fuck should France back us up??? It aint that their pussies, its the fact that our government is full of douchebags and is attempting the tired old douchebag move of attempting to conquering the world. Something that is not only physically impossible (espescially without drafting every single person in this country) but immoral and stupid. They've already learned that lesson. Why should they incriminate themselves for us?

And yes dickhead Canada has an army, you just never hear about it cause they're too busy taking care of themselves as apposed to trying to take on the rest of the world.

Next time read what I said.

I love it when people talk shit about France..... Don't get me wrong, I find most f.o.b. europeans to be unbareabley annoying..... but without France we never would have won the Revolutionary war

granted that was over 200 years ago, but they still played a huge roll in our develoment as a country.

All this bashing of the UN over the oil for food scandal. This is a media generated hype to further the unilateralist agenda of our current administration because what is not getting nearly enough media attention is that Halliburton was also involved in the oil for food scandal.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Military analysts don't know shit, you can't study the military like you can study the economy. There won't be a fucking draft.

U.S. Commanders See Possible Cut in Troops in Iraq

By ERIC SCHMITT

Published: April 11, 2005

ASHINGTON, April 10 - Two years after the fall of Saddam Hussein, the American-led military campaign in Iraq is making enough progress in fighting insurgents and training Iraqi security forces to allow the Pentagon to plan for significant troop reductions by early next year, senior commanders and Pentagon officials say.

Advertisement

Senior American officers are wary of declaring success too soon against an insurgency they say still has perhaps 12,000 to 20,000 hard-core fighters, plentiful financing and the ability to change tactics quickly to carry out deadly attacks. But there is a consensus emerging among these top officers and other senior defense officials about several positive developing trends, although each carries a cautionary note.

Attacks on allied forces have dropped to 30 to 40 a day, down from an average daily peak of 140 in the prelude to the Jan. 30 elections but still roughly at the levels of a year ago. Only about half the attacks cause casualties or damage, but on average one or more Americans die in Iraq every day, often from roadside bombs. Thirty-six American troops died there in March, the lowest monthly death toll since 21 died in February 2004.

Attacks now are aimed more at killing Iraqi civilians and security forces, and have been planned with sinister care and timing to take place outside schools, clinics and police stations when large daytime crowds have gathered.

Several top associates of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian militant whose network has claimed responsibility for many of the most deadly attacks, have been captured or killed in recent weeks. American commanders say it now takes longer for insurgents to regroup and conduct a series of attacks with new tactics, like the one on the night of April 2 against the Abu Ghraib prison that wounded 44 Americans and 13 Iraqi prisoners.

While senior commanders say the insurgency is still mostly driven by Iraqis, small numbers of foreign fighters who carry out most of the suicide bombings are still sneaking into the country, mainly from Syria.

The overall number of insurgents has remained virtually unchanged since last fall, even though hundreds, maybe thousands, have been killed or captured, suggesting that the insurgency can still attract the unemployed, disaffected and even enough true believers to keep the pool from drying up. American commanders also fear that the fledgling Iraqi government and security services are riddled with informants despite thorough vetting of applicants, officials say.

The American military's priority has shifted from waging offensive operations to training Iraqi troops and police officers. Iraqi forces now oversee sections of Baghdad and Mosul, with American forces on call nearby to help in a crisis. More than 2,000 American military advisers are working directly with Iraqi forces.

More Iraqi civilians are defying the insurgents' intimidation to give Iraqi forces tips on the locations of hidden roadside bombs, weapons caches and rebel safe houses. The Pentagon says that more than 152,000 Iraqis have been trained and equipped for the military or the police, but the quality and experience of those forces varies widely. Also, the Government Accountability Office said in March that those figures were inflated, including perhaps tens of thousands of police officers who are absent from duty.

Interviews with more than a dozen senior American and Iraqi officers, top Pentagon officials and lawmakers who have visited Iraq yield an assessment that the combination of routing insurgents from their sanctuary in Falluja last November and the Iraqi elections on Jan. 30 has given the military operation sustained momentum, and put the Bush administration's goal of turning Iraq over to a permanent, elected Iraqi government within striking distance.

"We're on track," Gen. Richard B. Myers, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in an interview. But the insurgency "kills virtually every day," he warned. "It's still a very potent threat."

You don't listen to anyone on the draft issues unless somone is

a. 5 star General

b. On The Joint Chiefs of Staff

All what is said during those meetings is classified as "Top Scerecet" Meaning, no journalist or any analyst will ever know what has been said.

These guys don't know how many men it takes to do what, they can't have any knowledge of that unless they were a commanding officer at a Cpt or above level for at least 5 years.

Like I said, you can't study the military like you can study other subjects.

"We're on track," Gen. Richard B. Myers, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in an interview

Note - GEN. RICHARD..... The CHAIRMAN of the Join Chiefs of Staff. What this guy says is important, and they don't play bullshit politics. If you remember recently, a high ranking Marine officer said something exactly like "Its fun to kill Iraqis, goddamn it I love it"

Do you think those guys give a shit? You're given a job, you do that job well, Politics is not part of that job.

i've been looking around for days trying to find this article i read a couple weeks ago

it was from an official armed forces web page or something else that appeared legitimate, and it was about how they are having a really tough time meeting the quota for new recruits.

if anyone else knows what i'm talking about post up a link please

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Apr 11 2005, 10:59 AM

If you remember recently, a high ranking Marine officer said something exactly like "Its fun to kill Iraqis, goddamn it I love it"

Obviously this animal isn't concerned with preserving the 'liberate iraq' facade for his boss.

He obviously wasn't referring to the Iraqi civilians, get past your michael moore point of view.

As for the recruiting shortages its true, the army and national guard both failed their recruiting needs. Keep in mind thoe that there are about 215k applicants each year and there are only about 87k spots open, they refuse a lot of people with tatoos and criminal records...

If they will be in need of recruits they will raise bonuses. Currently the Marine Corps doesn't give bonuses and has exceeded their recruiting goals... If the bonus is 20k for sining up you will quickly fill holes in the army and army national guard.

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Apr 13 2005, 01:37 AM

Michael Moore obviously created the opinions of everyone who doesn't agree with war or any of the current policies of the US government. 

Wow! What a load of shit. Are you serious? :huh2:

They must really be doing a number on these kids propoganda wise. :yuck: :yuck:

It's just like 1984... the names of bills, and government organizations and such are nearly the exact opposite of what they really are. Primary example: The PATRIOT act. Apparently, if you don't believing in shredding the last fragments of the constitution and granting this administration limitless, arbitrary powers, then you are not a patriot. After all, Bush IS Uncle Sam right? Right?