The Draft

villain

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "hippie site" is run by a man who has worked faithfully in government for many years, until he had a brush with the dark side of government. In fact our government would be even more corrupt today if not for this mans efforts. So easily you point the blame, so easily you call names. It is your own bias that is decieving you. I don't appreciate being called a pussy either. I volunteered to go to Iraq. I might even be in Special Forces if it weren't for my injuries. It would be nice if you wouldn't jump to conclusions.::

"This is the man who cost CIA Director Deutch his guaranteed appointment as Secretary of Defense after confronting him at Locke High School with hard facts about CIA dealing drugs." - Dick Gregory

" ...in the course of investigations in the mid 70's he came across information that the CIA was trading drugs in order to fund covert operations in the Middle East...Perot called him back to offer encouragement...Ruppert says that his main objective is to see that the country gets a leader worthy of its people. Even for Ross Perot those will be tough shoes to fill." - PEOPLE MAGAZINE 6/22/92

The Record is Here

Learn More: OPENING REMARKS OF MICHAEL C. RUPPERT for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (WRITTEN STATEMENT WITH EXHIBITS)

Full Disclosure Part I – Michael Ruppert's LAPD records

Full Disclosure Part II – The Legal Record Around His 1978 LAPD Resignation

The 1981 Herald Examiner Stories – Two consecutive front page stories got it mostly right but confirmed that Ruppert had stumbled on illegal covert operations:

Part One

Part Two

"Mike Ruppert is a one man crusade trying to expose America's bogus war on drugs. From the time we met on the campaign trail in 1992 while filming THE LAST PARTY, through his challenge to John Deutch, Mike Ruppert has been on the front line trying to get the story out." - Marc Levin, - Emmy award winning Director of PBS's The Secret Government, THE LAST PARTY and Producer of Bill Moyers' 1998 series on Addiction.

Mike Ruppert, 54 is the author of 2004's hot-selling political and economic exposé, Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil. "Rubicon" was voted 2004 "Book of the Year" by the online review of books and was listed by C-SPAN as one of the five hottest selling political books of late 2004. Released in September, Rubicon remains high on the Amazon sales ranking charts and may soon have a second birth of popularity around the world as foreign language editions are released. A detailed interview with Mike has been included in the April, 2005 issue of HUSTLER Magazine with Mike's name on the cover.

Mike is also the Publisher/Editor of From the Wilderness or FTW, a newsletter he founded in March 1998 by mailing out 68 copies to friends and researchers. FTW is now read by more than 20,000 subscribers in 40 countries including 40 members of the US Congress, the intelligence committees of both houses, and professors at 20 universities around the world. Through the newsletter and his website at http://www.fromthewilderness.com, Mike has pioneered innovative analysis and groundbreaking original stories on the impact of $5-600 billion per year in drug money moving through the US economy and the illegal covert operations which maintain control of that cash flow for US economic interests.

Since 9-11-01 Mike has been the point man in breaking major stories involving government foreknowledge, corruption and violations of the Constitution. He has also pioneered the effort to educate the world about the consequences of Peak Oil -- the fact that the world is at or near an inevitable decline in the availability of hydrocarbon energy, and what this might mean for human civilization.

An Honors graduate of UCLA in Political Science (1973), Mike is a former LAPD narcotics investigator who discovered CIA trafficking in drugs in 1977. After attempting to expose this he was forced out of LAPD in 1978 while earning the highest rating reports possible and having no pending disciplinary actions. In 1996, after 18 years of struggle, he finally achieved one of his deepest wishes in a face to face public encounter with then CIA Director John Deutch on national television. Washington sources later told Mike that Deutch's mishandling of the encounter cost him a guaranteed appointment as Secretary of Defense.

On November 28, 2001 Mike gave his first post 9-11 lecture at Portland State University, which was attended by more than 1,000 and resulted in a standing ovation. FTW's video, The Truth and Lies About 9-11, has sold more than 15,000 copies. It includes special exclusive interviews with Representatives Ron Paul (R-TX), Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), Barbara Lee (D-CA), Professor Peter Dale Scott, (UC, Berkeley), Professor John Metzger (Michigan State) and Catherine Austin Fitts (former Assistant Secretary of Housing and Managing Director, Dillon Read).

FTW's stories, including economic and military analysis, detailed exposés of the CIA and the American political and economic system, have been reprinted all over the world. A popular lecturer who has spoken in eight countries, Mike is beginning a new direction for FTW in 2005 focusing on breaking news in a world that is moving steadily toward global warfare, the draft and economic collapse. Mike's future plans include relocating to semi-rural areas of the Pacific Northwest to begin a detailed study of post-petroleum living strategies with a view towards saving as many lives as possible after 2007.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 05:08 PM

I fight for the people who are alongside me, I fight for my kids- so maybe they wont have to and I fight for my country.

I dont fight for bush, I dont fight for rednecks, I dont fight for anything other then the things i mentioned.

I wish it were that simple to me ... if i was there under orders i didnt agree with i dont know if i could fight at all.

As long as the leaders of this country keep comming up with ways to make money via war we will never not have to fight. so good luck out there ....

wow a hippie giving thanks and good wishes to someone who hates hippies .... thats funny to me.

Villan comming with the knowledge !!!!!

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 11:38 AM

This country should have mandatory military service at age 21.

Anyways, your a fucking hippie like the first guy said, your also a pussy.

Note to you, dont get your news on an obviously biased hippie site. There wont be a draft, if anything they will start offering more money to people who join up, raise the salary. Reason that the draft is inaffective is that the soldiers are inaffective, the training for them is a waste of money. A soldier who fights but is forced to fight is not 1/20th of a soldier who fights for his coutry or for money.

Bullshit. 9 weeks of boot camp doesn't cost jack to the military. All they really need is someone to stand at checkpoints or drive supplies around hostile areas. Grunts are in high demand, if they die, oh well, they didn't have much training anyway. We'll see about the draft when we start the next war before we even finish the first two.

Mandatory military service at age 20? what are we Nazi germany? Hippie website? th' fuck you talkin 'bout???

I said 21. If everyone would have somone in the military people would make smarter choices voting.

You dont know jack fuck about the military so shut the fuck up. Its not 3 months. BOOT CAMP is 3 months, thats not the expensive part. The expensive part is the MOS training, some of which is 1.5 years. Your grunt 0311 Infantry man will have 9 to 12 months of training before he can go onto the battlefield. It costs 200,000 or so to train a soldier.

SO if the draftees are inaffective, and added to that wont give 4 years of duty, where the fuck do you find that as any good to us? The military is a business not a fucking circus.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 12:08 PM

I fight for the people who are alongside me, I fight for my kids- so maybe they wont have to and I fight for my country.

I dont fight for bush, I dont fight for rednecks, I dont fight for anything other then the things i mentioned.

you dont fight for Bush eh? Keep telling yourself that. I'm glad there are true patroits like you willing to get blown up so i dont have to. Im laughing right now....... your funny

yeah, bro...I'm sure that when they re-instate the draft they'll be training draftees for a year and a half before they ship them overseas... That might be a standard amount of training when you volunteer for the military and go into a specific field, but I'm pretty sure when we resort to the draft we'll be shipping them out as fast as possible...maybe give them a little training on improvised explosives and roadside bombs and then pack their bags...but whatever obviously you're a rambo wannabe so feel free to call me a "hippie" now.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Mar 9 2005, 04:45 PM

Fucking hippies.

You guys dont even know what teh fuck your talking about, your just saying things to feel important. Kill yourselfs.

Your closer to killing yourself than any of us. you signed the dotted line, you cant be mad at us if we wouldnt do the same and talk shit on your bad attitude about the subject.

Originally posted by bobtheblunder@Mar 9 2005, 10:45 AM

Fucking hippies.

You guys dont even know what teh fuck your talking about, your just saying things to feel important. Kill yourselfs.

So tell me how would you define a hippy? If you're going to throw these names around I want to make sure you don't just have some imaginary preconception in your head of what a hippy is, and just use it for some easy ineffective name calling.

There's a lot of desperation in your posts.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 08:55 PM

I said 21. If everyone would have somone in the military people would make smarter choices voting.

That's a good point. Might even be effective if the vote actually counted anymore.

The longest MOS training in the Army is for the linguists. It is 2 years long. Then again there aren't alot of slots open for that and they are hard to get. If there was a draft it would be mostly grunts of course. And there is talk of this special skills draft. I'm a bit confused because I keep hearing about how they want to take all support MOS' and make them civilian jobs so that everyone in the Army can be grunts. I've heard this from very high level people... even some colonels. Then again I don't think this administration knows what it's doing half the time.... hence Bushs response to criticism of his Social Security plan, "I'm open to suggestions".... lol

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by villain+Mar 9 2005, 03:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Mar 9 2005, 03:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 08:55 PM

That's a good point. Might even be effective if the vote actually counted anymore.

[/b]

That's precisely why bills SB 89 and H.R. 163 were proposed in the first place, backed entirely by Democrats. To smack some sense into people before going off on stupid wars.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. The draft is not gonna happen.

Originally posted by angelofdeath@Mar 9 2005, 04:21 PM

"The draft is not gonna happen."

exactafuckinglactly.

It can only be a good thing when people discuss the issues before they happen. People have been forced to join armies for thousands of years, its only shortsighted to believe it can never happen again in our lifetimes...

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Mar 9 2005, 03:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Mar 9 2005, 03:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by villain@Mar 9 2005, 03:05 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 08:55 PM

That's precisely why bills SB 89 and H.R. 163 were proposed in the first place, backed entirely by Democrats. To smack some sense into people before going off on stupid wars.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. The draft is not gonna happen.

[/b]

Yup that's right. I remember Mr. Rangel (D-NY) talking about that.

As for the draft happening or not, it depends on if the situation with the military is resolved soon enough or not. The problems are real enough.

Originally posted by villain+Mar 9 2005, 03:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Mar 9 2005, 03:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bobthebuilder@Mar 8 2005, 08:55 PM

The longest MOS training in the Army is for the linguists. It is 2 years long. Then again there aren't alot of slots open for that and they are hard to get. If there was a draft it would be mostly grunts of course. And there is talk of this special skills draft. I'm a bit confused because I keep hearing about how they want to take all support MOS' and make them civilian jobs so that everyone in the Army can be grunts. I've heard this from very high level people... even some colonels. Then again I don't think this administration knows what it's doing half the time.... hence Bushs response to criticism of his Social Security plan, "I'm open to suggestions".... lol

[/b]

The JV 2020 was disputing it. I dont think it will happen.

We dont really need more troops, if you think about it, we are no longer in 3GW conflicts. There are no "battles" to be won. This is 4GW warfare, guierilla, from Mau to Osama. The military is thinking about creating an extra branch, called POWER or some shit. Its basically a Special forces branch, eliminate individuals (SUch as navy seals, marines Force recon... etc) and put em all into one big branch. Special forces soldiers are whats needed to fight the insurgents, backed by thermal real-time satellite imagery, a 15 man team is as effective as 3 Batallions. Anyways, just my opinion.

By hippie i mean people who cant fucking wake the fuck up. We aren't the only country that goes to war, for oil or for any other reason. This is the world you live in, war is what shaped this world, its necessary. Overpopulation of this earth is just as dangerous as global warming or any of that other shit.

-toodles.

yeah i've heard about this special unit... might have something to do with this quick reaction force.

You are right, this is guerilla war, not conventional war. I've been bitching about this for a long time. We need more police skills than military skills. Investigations, intelligence....

That's what I'm saying... where's the damn goggles you can see through concrete walls with to put a 50 cal round from a sniper rifle into a hostile with? haha...

Plus it would make this war alot more messy, and help us keep the respect of the locals.

Yeah all this fucking bullshit over oil... while I know this is a necessary evil-

1) i don't like the idea of making bush and his elitist buddies rich

2) we should be investing alot more into alternatives

3) i really don't think it was necessary to go to war to get iraq to sell us their oil.

4) the idea of blood for oil is morally preposterous so then it's covered up with "WMD" and "Democracy" making everything even more ridiculous and preposterous

*I remember now, it's supposed to be some sort of urban warfare unit... yeah they came through here looking for skills

ive read a million things on the internet. ive seen the news. ive read the posts. ive heard the bitching and opinions. and ive come to this:

i still dont know. and to be quite honest, NOONE knows. anyone can assume and be all "its not going to happen," then the people thatll say "its likely, itll happen," blah blah blah. truth is, look at rolling stone..cnn..all these other reputable sources. thats the shady part. while everyone is bitching, the only thing we really can do it wait till this "march 31st" date of somewhat importance.

fuck giving your opinion cause noone but the eite fucks in the govt. know right now about the issue. ill look back at this when some speaker of the whitehouse is going to tell us if something is going to happen or not on march 31st. haha.