who is the...

inkjunkie34

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there's really no way to judge a best skater. there's certain guys who rule at certain shit, then you get a few versatile dudes here and there. there's guys who i respect because they invented stuff, and then there's guys who don't invent stuff but just have unbelievable skill and/or style. you can't really compare tony hawk to jamie thomas. it's like trying to ask who's better at graffiti, daim or skuf. most of these dudes on the list are in totally different worlds.

Guest snortglue

Guy mariano did a switch fs shuvit to k-grind down a seven stair rail in the mouse video like 6 years ago, ya' can't beat that! Vallely beat up four people at once in the new CKY3 video, I think that put's him on top of the list, hands down!:king:

Certainly, Cardiel, Gonz, Koston, Mariano, are all the best ever.. but what about Dan Drehobl, Phil Shao, Salba, Burnquist, Duane Peters, Senn, Barley, Speyer, and any hesher out there that can skate transition. Fuck trying one single ledge trick and getting it on film. I'm out to do long lines and trick on every face wall. Don't you kids know that it's all about the flow, tranny pumpers unite!

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Handjob

Jason Lee, uuuhhhhhh!

hahaha...

anyone else remember that Sonic Youth video with Jason Lee and Guy Mariano?

you got to give Jason lee some respect for that.

(and props for farting in Shannon Doerty's face!)

BEST

PHIL SHAO- This guy was fucking amazing...especially at PA skatepark.

REST IN PEACE...

THE GONZ- For overall style and finnesse and making it look fun.

I am pretty sick too...you should see my slappies and no complies.

HONORABLE MENTIONS- Barbee, mountain, penny, guy, cardiel, stranger,.......sanch.....etc..

if you know...well, then you know.

This is not really a fair question to ask because a great skateboarder in about style, and different styles rule for different folks. I understand that Tony Hawk isn't the most popular with core skater because of his "friendly to your mom" image, but he is one of the greatest and most influencial skaters now and ever. Besides inventing many tricks, he has done many tricks that no one will ever do again. He isn't my favorite, but he is a legitimate hero, even if his choice of endorsements is questionable.

If you are talking about well rounded skaters - you can count out Koston, Jamie Thomas, Kalis, and almost everyone else except Bob Burnquist. Not many skater are masters of both vert and street, not to mention parks skating, pool skating, and technical fancy-pants skating.

Actually there is one skater who rules at everything...

John Cardiel - super gnarly at everything. Padless McTwist in 1991 (Plan B video) - bluntslide down the 10 stair super jib in Sight Unseen - gnarly rail skills (the Vans ad in 411 - that had to be at least 20 some odd stairs) and some super park style (Ripon? Burnside? Marseille?) - and unlike similar skaters such as Julien Stranger or Wade Speyer, Cardiel is willing to shoot photos and video and not get paid much to do it. You know Anti-Hero is the shit! John Cardiel oh hell yes!

• 1 year later...

Rune Glifberg- Slays vert/pools. His part in Sorry says it all. With all the emphasis on doing tre flip backflips down a 100 set, him, and a few others are keeping a dying art alive.

Christian Hossoi- Gnarly vert skater. Sucks he got sent to jail though.

Stacy Peralta- Not so much for skateboarding itself, but he put together THE most dominant team in the 80's (the bones brigade). He discovered guys like steve caballero, rodney mullen, and tony hawk. He was also one of the Zephyr boys, which also had a massive influence on skateboarding, and changed it forever.

a>

Jason Lee!

Archived