Handstyles

Hermdog

dude, c'mon, i understand other people not understanding what i'm saying, but you? put down your need to be 'contrarian' for a minute, would you?

i'm not hating on philly hands, i appreciate the shit out of a good one, which is exactly why you never saw me even attempt one while living there. ;)

i'm hating on seeing a billion shitty generic versions, and the idea that just because something is done in a philly style, that it's good, hence my 'illegible unifrm scribbles' comment. maybe you don't notice as much because you're there, but once you start seeing people trying to do philly's in detroit, you'll understand where i'm coming from.

be honest, i'm sure that someplace inside you is an angry little fat guy, wishing he could fit into a trucker hat, mad at the bastardization of his cities style.

:)

as for wickeds/wickets, you got me there. i'd never heard them refered to (by anyone, ever) as 'wickeds'.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOES ANYONE EVER DO LARGE ASS HANDSTYLES???O YA FAKE DOES...

Picture3727.jpg

Phono.jpg

Umm yeah, i do, and yours is'nt that big, it's called taking advantage of

available space, very important. Where the fuck is that shit anyway, don't look

to blingin to me pahtna. Back of a storage facility somewhere in lil shit america. Good job, toy.

Oh yeah your fake.

Originally posted by Hermdog@Mar 1 2005, 03:39 PM

418schaykein.JPG

Shaken and Arek (bmore)

this arek shaken is a bangin taste of bmore long hands..i wish i had a nice DAVER flick to post

seeks: i dont know what youre talking about, i think maybe you just still dont know the difference between a good and bad philly hand or something (further evidenced by you trying to correct a philly kid on what a wicked is called)...almost all the ones that have been posted from philly are good.

as for people trying philly hands in detroit or elsewhere, i dont see any being posted, i just saw you whining about a grip of good philly ones. as for you not trying to do them, what do you want, a cookie?

just post some detroit handstyles and move on

i didn't say futile to argue, i said futile to reason. there is no argument, we're not on seperate sides of anything. my opinion was that i felt philly hands were becoming like LA hands were a few years ago. people jock them, people bite them, but people don't take the time to understand them. instead they run around trying to emulate them, totally degrading them. now you don't have to agree with this opinion but it can not be proven 'wrong', it's an opinion.

it's not that i'm so concerned with philly hands in specific, what i'm concerned with is the integrity of graff as a whole, and the lack of appreciation and respect that people have for any regional style. if you haven't heard/seen about bad philly's popping up all over the country, then consider yourself lucky, cause just cause it's not on the internet in the handstyle thread, doesn't mean it's not happening.

I appreciate all handstyles,but by far Illadell handstyles are the hardest to execute. Sure some may look like scribble and unledgible and mad similar to someone from outa town.But once you can decipher them folowing the hand motion and then actually trying one that looks good. Thats when you realize the shit is difficult,and fascinating at the same time.

yo SEEK can you read..im from philly...not passin through....from philly its my region...i thought this was a handstyles post..like in post handies from where your from..not the talk shit about something you cant do well thread..besides how can you determine a bad hand by only living here and never doing them???

Originally posted by seeking@Mar 24 2005, 04:49 PM

SF1,

the word is 'wickets', not 'wickeds'. jesus christ. if you're gonna rep your style like it's life depended on you, atleast learn to spell it.

Ehem...It's wicked and wicket. Origianally they were called wickeds but since everyone pronounces them whicket thats how people spell the shit sometimes. Know what the hell your talking about before you pretend to. Oh that's right, your not FROM philly so you dont.

Also every one of the hands dude posted were official non-bastardized and different from the next. It's just a fact that in Philly our hands are so advanced and superior than anywhere else that if you aint thorough in your own right (hand wise) it probably would all look the same to you.

And for god sake stop calling them "Phillies". There are wickeds, tall hands, and print hands.

And yeah, people not from Philly shouldn't bother trying them cause they always fuck it up bad.

Case in point that "Fake" tall hand :yuck: :yuck: You got the right name at least.

Yeah umm, i don't know much, but what seek was saying about shitty style biters, that's graff. They are called toys, and it happens everywhere, it doesn't take away from the fact that good writers got good hands. Fuck the wack shit, i don't even look at bad graffiti anymore. It's wack. But c'mon, kadism, espo, those hands is illy, you can spend your time knocking some toys hustle, i like to appreciate the better things in life.