Headphones

RumPuncher

pmb bought a pair of the Shures. I forget which model.

For the price savings, I'd say go with the Sonys, but I haven't

used the shures. From nekro's post above, you should get the scoop.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Question.

Has anyones headphones lose audibility on one side? How are you suppose to fix it? The headphones i have this problem with are some Sonys, MDR E929V. Just a basic 12 dollar set. This has actually happened to be me on several occasions. Strangely enough, sometimes they work again, more often i end up having to trash them. So if anyone can give some insight on this, i'd appreciate it.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I went on a bender the other night and LOST the rubber tip to my new sonys.

One side works... but that's not good.

I swear the old sony's I have have put a curse on every other headphone I've bought.

It's some fatal attraction thing going on.... in my ears!

Originally posted by caffeine@Mar 26 2005, 04:34 AM

Question.

Has anyones headphones lose audibility on one side? How are you suppose to fix it? The headphones i have this problem with are some Sonys, MDR E929V. Just a basic 12 dollar set. This has actually happened to be me on several occasions. Strangely enough, sometimes they work again, more often i end up having to trash them. So if anyone can give some insight on this, i'd appreciate it.

usually means the wire is toast. might as well just buy a new set of headphones.

for home, i rock some old klh's that i bought back in high school. i'd post a pic of them if one existed on the internet

around town i wear some over the ear panasonics. they're alright, but a strong wind will blow them off of your ears.

rp-hs41.gif

• 4 years later...

First of all, yes I just bumped a 5 year old thread. It was already here so no need to start a new one.

I'm looking for some decent over ear headphones. I'm hoping some of you would be able to help.

One of my guys had some skull crusher bass-something-or-other things, they sounded decent to me? But after reading reviews I guess they're not all that great.

These are mainly just for watching movies/listening to music on my laptop.

Or for traveling a long distance and using the ipod.

I'm not trying to spend a fortune, don't need the best of the best but I want decent quality, any suggestions?

the sony dr-bt101 bluetooth heapdphones are pretty cool. u can leave your iphone on the charger and walk around (within like 50 yards) and that shit comes thru crispy.

Everything wireless is better IMO and these run for like 60 bucks in best buy and the sound is pretty sweet. The main frustration is that you really cant be doing any thing active cos when they fall off there is no cord to catch them and they hit the ground ...

• Like 1

One of my guys had some skull crusher bass-something-or-other things, they sounded decent to me? But after reading reviews I guess they're not all that great.

I'm not trying to spend a fortune, don't need the best of the best but I want decent quality, any suggestions?

Yeah I've used a pair of Skull Crushers once. They're made my Skull Candy, they have a little battery powered in-line amplifier. I don't think they are so bad. I wouldn't just go by reviews, everyone has a different ear for these things. Like you can have a pair that is like THE BEST sound you have ever heard in your life, then Naut Humon or someone uses them and says 'Oh these are awful' lol

I like Skull Candy a lot. Mostly because I'm just hip like that. Tons of great colors. Have a pair of TI's with pink fur on the ear-cups lol

Some of their headphones have some pretty good quality. Then some of the other ones are more for looks rather then 'real' quality sound.

They have a pretty damn good warranty. Check them out if you want: http://www.skullcandy.com

• 1 month later...

Skull candy headphones fuckin suck

the homegirl worked at a booth at the mall that only sold their products, said everyday someone came by with either complaints or broken product.

On top of that, I have two friends who bought some of their actual headphones, not the ear buds, and both of theirs broke.

The only reason to get them would be the trendy color schemes. Which is gay.

Skull candy headphones fuckin suck

the homegirl worked at a booth at the mall that only sold their products, said everyday someone came by with either complaints or broken product.

On top of that, I have two friends who bought some of their actual headphones, not the ear buds, and both of theirs broke.

The only reason to get them would be the trendy color schemes. Which is gay.

used to get these for free. an average pair lasted a month, and i went through a solid dozen pairs of buds and over the ears pairs.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I got these at an electronics store around town. I removed the mic and use them as normal cans. I’m happy with their quality. Will see how they handle the test of time

3C38CF46-4A06-4986-A4EC-620DB9569DC0.png

• Like 1